Author Topic: Challis' Success  (Read 35095 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Challis' Success
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:44:31 am »
[...], i've read your blog and i follow your posts. you are an awesome lady and help so many here with your intelligent answers to our problems. you have to be so proud of yourself to get off these drugs after so many years. you are a true inspiration to others here. i believe you are well on your way to a complete recovery after two months being benzo free.

i have one question, do you feel it was best to do the direct taper with xanax? i'm asking because i had a seizure coming off xanax cold turkey. it scared me so much i crossed to klonopin for a month then an eight month taper with [...]. i really believe if i had not crossed to the [...] i would have been much further along in recovery now. i know it's hard to say what is best but sometimes i feel the ashton protocol may not be the best for every situation. i really don't like the way [...] made me feel.  wishing you happiness and health [...], [...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 03:08:44 am »
[...], i've read your blog and i follow your posts. you are an awesome lady and help so many here with your intelligent answers to our problems. you have to be so proud of yourself to get off these drugs after so many years. you are a true inspiration to others here. i believe you are well on your way to a complete recovery after two months being benzo free.

i have one question, do you feel it was best to do the direct taper with xanax? i'm asking because i had a seizure coming off xanax cold turkey. it scared me so much i crossed to klonopin for a month then an eight month taper with [...]. i really believe if i had not crossed to the [...] i would have been much further along in recovery now. i know it's hard to say what is best but sometimes i feel the ashton protocol may not be the best for every situation. i really don't like the way [...] made me feel.  wishing you happiness and health [...], [...]
Hi [...],

Thanks for the nice comments, [...].  It feels pretty darn good.  I do think it was best to directly taper from Xanax, for me anyway.  As I've read around the forum the last three or four months, it seems like a lot of people have trouble with Klonopin.

Ashton actually only recommends crossing over if someone fails to taper off the benzo they're on.  I tapered over a long time and particularly went slow at the end.  I've only tapered and only gone off once, so that may have helped, too.  I'll never take another one.

Don't look back now, my friend, just keep on healing...sleep, eat well, exercise and keep the stress down.  It'll happen, it's just going to take awhile.  Cold turkey Xanax had to have hurt... I cut .25 once and it about did me in.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 03:34:02 am »
Congratulations on being able to write your success story, may life's joys keep coming your way.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 09:38:12 am »
Congratulations [...],

Continued healing wishes for you.  Enjoy your new found freedom...

Love, [...] xxxx

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 12:15:14 pm »
Congratulations and best wishes for continued successful healing :)
XOX

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »
Congratulations, [...]! :yippee:

You have been my inspiration since I was so fortunate to meet you! 

I can't count the times that I have read that a straight Xanax taper was too difficult, and yet here you are!  You have given so many of us [...] that we can succeed, and survive this with humor and grace. 

Thank you for your courage and insight. 

You are just so...

Love, :smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 04:42:22 am »
Hi [...],   :)

:yippee: Congratulations on your 2 months benzo free   :yippee:

You are such a help and an inspiration on [...] and make a big difference in the lives of many on here

Way to go! :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20:42 am »

Awesome Baby!

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2012, 09:10:29 am »
Congratulations [...]!  :yippee:

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

Thank you all so very much...always happy to offer something uplifting!
Cha-Cha [...]