Author Topic: Challis' Success  (Read 35086 times)

[Buddie]

Challis' Success
« on: June 08, 2012, 02:24:34 pm »
After 31 years, I'm two months free today. I took my last dose April 7th, 2012.  April 8th, Easter, was my first day benzo-free in more than half my life.  I pushed my taper a little fast at the end to have it end on Easter, the day of rebirth.

I've never looked back nor been tempted to take another.  Life is brighter, the future is clear and clean, and I welcome it with open heart and open arms.

In a nutshell, benzodiazepines seemed to work for me for many years, starting with one Temazepam for sleep, then two.  When life hit me upside the head with tragedy, Xanax got me through for awhile.  It became a problem as tolerance set in.  I decided to end its power over my body.

I tapered for nine months.  It went relatively okay and I was functional until the end.  The end was brutal.  But thanks to this forum and all of you, I got through it.

At two months out I'm doing very well.  I have a little sound and light sensitivity, but it's diminishing.  I'm a bit weak physically.  I've logged a major amount of couch time, which would weaken anyone.  That's not withdrawal, just the result of laying around doing nothing except typing.  I'm working on it.

If I'm out and about for more than a few hours, I get a bit jittery and want to go home.  CNS is fragile, I know that's all it is and it will heal eventually.  I'm not a bit worried.  It all makes perfect sense. 

Thanks to this forum and thanks to all of you, I understand and I have no fear.

Love,
[...]

Congrats to my friend, [...], who is also two months benzo-free today.  And to Lizzy and Jane and [...] and [...], who are right behind us in their own freedom...love you, girlies!

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 04:41:56 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Challis' Success
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:33:42 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS! [...]!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 02:55:54 pm »
DITTIO!!           congratulations, [...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:57 pm »
Congrats and thanks for all the support and inspiration you have provided to so many.
SG

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:06:23 pm »
aww [...] CONGRATULATIONS.  This is awesome.  Couldn't happen to a nicer person. 

Love Ya
[...] :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:18:10 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS!! Thank you for being such a comforting voice here. :smitten:

Love,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »
Way to go [...]! Congratulations!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »
Way to go [...]! Congratulations! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS [color=[...]][...][/color] TWO MONTHS FREE

(((hugs)))

Love

[...]
:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 05:27:14 pm »
Congratulations [...]. You are an inspiration.

[...] :smitten: