weird feeling

Has anyone experinced like a craving or feeling of missing the drug they were on. I went on for anxiety and don't have an addictive personality. But it feels like a pull or something in your body and after awhile it goes away. Its not like tolernce withdrawal because I went through that. Just this feeling.

Yes, I was on xanax 13 years for anxiety and panic attacks.  And it worked really well for me--just take a pill and 15-20 minutes later the dreadful fear goes away.  I got very used to that and it was like a miracle at first.  Now I have to sit with the same scary feelings until they play themselves out naturally--not easy to do.  But I am doing it.

Nicole--

I've had a craving like that, esp when I've lowered my dose for a bit and my stress goes up.  Then I feel like I REALLY want to take a Xanax/Klonopin.  It is a very specific feeling of knowing that is what will make me feel better.  (Supposedly benzos are not like that, but I think the pharm cos just claim that to avoid further regulation.)  Anyway, I haven't given into it and it the feeling does go away.

Hang in there!

emkbb