Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Does Ativan produce the worst withdrawals?

I'm on a high dose, I know.  I've read some stuff, just wondering if anybody got off this without being bed bound for a year?

I only took .5 to 1 mg per day for a month and a half and have been off for 3 1/2 months by cold turkey but I have been working and taking care of and running my kids the whole time.  Not too easy at times but I still did it.  Wishing you the best.

I'm on Lorazepam the generic and some days it's tough and some not, but I keep pushing through. GO SLOW b/c it has been the worst benzo for me to w/d, but I've not been bed bound as of yet. I'm going through divorce, working, and taking care of my daughter. So I hope it stays that way. Prayers UP! Good luck :thumbsup:

I c/t from. 5 to 1 Mg ativan 3 months use. Some sporadic some daily use- total tolerance withdrawal the whole time! The first week was really bad. The next 1-2 months were VERY difficult but I managed to work and take care of my 4 children. Still a bit of a blur but I did it and I am getting better everyday! :yippee:

I was only on the Ativan/lorazepam for two weeks before starting to taper & it was still ugly but if you can tolerate it spread your doses out as much as you can.  I was bedridden for a short while but that was mostly because of the initial reaction to the Lexapro & then the Ativan messed me up mentally too. As soon as I started reducing it I started to get my mind back.

Good Luck - you can do it!