Benzo Belly (Gastritus) relief. Finally!

I've been sufferng the past 3 days like never before with this benzo belly and spent hours yesterday researhing symptoms and treatment.  I tried cocunut milk, peppermint, hot compress, Tums, Gas-X....you name it and nothing worked.  This paiin was like no other.  I do have a friend of mine that is a doctor and I finally called her yesterday to confess what I was dealing with and she said to instantly begin taking Prilosec. 

Now I have a history with this crap a few years ago it almost killed me so she is quite aware of how serious this is.  Last year I was fighting the same thing, went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for something called Carafate which comes in a liquid or tablet.  Carafate acts by coating your stomach lining to allow healing which reduces the inflamation, gas pressure and bloating.  I did not finnish taking the med and my fried asked me if I had any left.  I had completely forgotten about this so I rushed to the medicine cabinet and there is was..about 15 tabs left.  I had been taking Tums yesterday like they were candy and not once did they help.  About 10pm last night I took my first Carafate tablet and in 10 minutes the pain, gas, pressure and bloating was gone. 

Now I'm not saying everyone will react this way buut I sure did.  I got about 4 hours of sleep last night until I woke up with a nasty headache but I'll take that over the gastritus.  I hope this story may help those fighting the same problem.

Probiotics are also really great for IBS type symptoms.  Just an FYI.

Glad you found some relief.  :)