Author Topic: Benzo Belly (Gastritus) relief. Finally!  (Read 944 times)

[Buddie]

Benzo Belly (Gastritus) relief. Finally!
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:39:58 am »
I've been sufferng the past 3 days like never before with this benzo belly and spent hours yesterday researhing symptoms and treatment.  I tried cocunut milk, peppermint, hot compress, Tums, Gas-X....you name it and nothing worked.  This paiin was like no other.  I do have a friend of mine that is a doctor and I finally called her yesterday to confess what I was dealing with and she said to instantly begin taking Prilosec. 

Now I have a history with this crap a few years ago it almost killed me so she is quite aware of how serious this is.  Last year I was fighting the same thing, went to the doctor and she gave me a prescription for something called Carafate which comes in a liquid or tablet.  Carafate acts by coating your stomach lining to allow healing which reduces the inflamation, gas pressure and bloating.  I did not finnish taking the med and my fried asked me if I had any left.  I had completely forgotten about this so I rushed to the medicine cabinet and there is was..about 15 tabs left.  I had been taking Tums yesterday like they were candy and not once did they help.  About 10pm last night I took my first Carafate tablet and in 10 minutes the pain, gas, pressure and bloating was gone. 

Now I'm not saying everyone will react this way buut I sure did.  I got about 4 hours of sleep last night until I woke up with a nasty headache but I'll take that over the gastritus.  I hope this story may help those fighting the same problem.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo Belly (Gastritus) relief. Finally!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:42:33 am »
Glad the Carafate helped, Sooner.

Hook em Horns,

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:57:42 pm »
Hey. [...],
Ya know we have to stay in touch during football season.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:22:14 pm »
Probiotics are also really great for IBS type symptoms.  Just an FYI.

Glad you found some relief.   :)