Question on antibiotic use in w/d

[dr...]

So I am actually a year off today and I'm feeling really normal for the most part, but oddly enough after a midnight swim at my local gym I woke up early this morning into a panic attack.... totally random... how does that happen still when I'm feeling this good??? Chlorine and chemicals maybe??? Anyway.... What I'm worried about is I am having pain in my left ear now and I'm concerned I may have given myself an ear infection from swimming. I've gotten these in the past from swimming, but I know my system is still very sensitive. So, if this doesn't clear up soon and gets worse I am going to have to likely take some anti biotic ear drops, or possibly oral antibiotics. I know to avoid the quinolones, I hear the cilin's are usually a good bet but I am wondering how you guys feel taking these things while you are still sensitive? I have a friend that has taken them and what seems to happen is they get revved up temporarily while taking the antibiotics and then it calms down when they're done. I'm just really worried about it because I've got school coming up in another month and I need to be good to go, I can't afford a setback. Anyone have experience with this?

I took Azithromycin and Augmentin with no problems AT ALL.

However, I accidentally took Cipro, which I think is a quinolone. The only thing it did was really rev me up where I couldn't sleep while I was on it. After I finished taking it, I returned to baseline.

Hope this helps!

ask2266 :thumbsup:

I took the zpack in December for an ear and sinus infection.  I was ok, but did have a wave afterwards but honestly I was having periodic waves at that time anyway.