New Cipralex User Changed My Mind

[Ic...]

Suffering from anxiety all my life I had been treating therapeutically with 0.5mg Ativan since my sick leave from work 3 weeks ago.  My doctor put me on 10mg if Cipralex 3 days ago.  Day 1 was fine but day 2 and 4 have been a nightmare with extreme levels of anxiety felt early mIrning and theoughOut the day.  I want off of both.  I figure I can stop Cipralex immediately as its still new but I'm having major shakes before my mornIng dose on 4th day.  Is this Ativan or cip or both?

Terrible insomnia last night I just want the feeling to go.

Super dry mouth. 

My research suggests my symptoms are magnesium deficiency related.  Started taking 125mg of chelates magnesium yesterday.  Felt great last night before bed.  Can I drop both mess and focus in magnesium for a week? Help

There are people on this forum who have become physically dependent on benzos in two weeks. Not that your magnesium deficiency is inaccurate, but your symptoms and timing do seem to fit benzo withdrawal. If you were to take a 0.5 ativan and your symptoms cleared, that would answer the question. If this turns out to be the case, consider a taper just to be kind on yourself. Wanting to get off both, I know the feeling! Good luck!!

Thanks.  It has been 30 hours without Ativan and 48 since Cipralex.  The cold sweats and shaking has stopped but some dizziness remains.  I know I'll get through it. 

The magnesium deficiency suspicion is related to some of my prevailing symptoms.  I'm thinking my panic/short instances of depression , plugged right ear and disassociation and confusion may be an indication that anxiety is depleting my magnesium stores by noon.  Fun times.  I see the naturopath next week. Could just be cortisol surges to blame.  So many places to look :)