Severe severe burning all day yesterday and this morning its unreal!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have severe burning all over , its scaring me to death , I have been taking magnesium the past 3 days , two days ago was severe stinging , now its severe burning , anyone have any reaction to magnesium, I am so scared its never gng to end for me ever!!!!! and I know its nothing else, no other condiotion I have , can it be possible this is gng to be permanent for me , I dont know of anyone else have burning all over for 2 yeras straight, I get windows , but not nearly as good as I did before , since Januray I have been in a series wave with all the bone /muscle pain all over my body, My fingers and hands are in constant pain , I cant cope with this pain any longer , I am tired of waiting , it dont seem to get any better for me , but keep getting worst , my only option as I see it is to reinstate.

I have heard of others complaining of this.  Perhaps some of them can chime in here and offer their advice.  I hope you see some relief soon.

Sincerely,

fg

I have a lot of that, but I am in a taper still. Hope things improve. I do know that it can take longer than 2 years for things to resolve themselves (unfortunately). :'(

I've heard and read a lot about burning skin in withdrawal and recovery, but if I were you I'd stop the magnesium and see if that helps.

Challis

Thank you everyone for taking the time to care , and offering your advice , really appreciate it ..xxxxx

Hi dear BB.  A couple of things.  I did reinstate klonopin after having been off it it for about 10 months.  This was in the summer of 2010.  The reinstatement did not improve anything and strung out my recovery.  I have experienced the burning, itching skin.  I was put on prednisone (a big "no-no" for steroid intolerant people) and my burning went away.  It comes back at times, but not as bad.  I am not suggesting your take prednisone.  It has horrendous side effects for some and I had to taper off of it.  The course lastest a week.  Let us know what your next step is.

Hi helpme,

I was experience the same thing and it greatly reduced buy drinking tart cherry juice.  I still have some joint pain and some fatigue but the burning has not returned.  Hope you get better soon.

Love,

Mariann

I would recommend discontinuing any and all suppliments unless doctor prescribed. Our immune systems are soooo compromised by benzo use that our systems just can't handle any added chemicles.  I can't take any type of vitamin or suppliment without a bad reaction and they ramp up ALL my wd symps. I'd bet that if you quit taking magnesium you'd see improvement in a few days. Good luck.

thank you , I am in so much pain , I stopped taking the magnesium , I took it last nite b4 bed was the last time , its gng from severe burning to severe stinging , its making my muscles and bones more broken !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not gng to be able to walk or hold anything anymore , my bones and muscles andn tssues are burning/ stinging  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( I cant cope anymore !!!!!!!!!!!!'

oh Sweet helpme,

I know you are so worn out and you have gone very very long in the wait for your healing.  I had tried magnesium too but it didn't make any noticeable difference for me. 

I have had the severe burning and understand as I am two years out too.  I believe that this burning is going to have to calm for you as you have fought it with much time behind you. 

We have been fighting a long time with the waiting of time and that is the most difficult way to fight, by waiting as suffering continues.  You have fought long and hard and I know it is hard to keep going.  But so many here tell us over and over and over that say, keep going, keep going, keep going, and you are healing, you are healing, you are healing.  Helpme,  I pray that this burning is coming to an end.  Hope4us

Those are the exact symptoms I get after I take magnesium. I just started a thread about it. I only take it for really bad GI upset and the thing that I noticed was that I almost always get a window 24-36 hours later. I just don't think the window is worth the price.

Bill

I've had severe burning feelings for over a month, especially on my face and in my eyes.  Both face and eyes turn bright red.  It's been the cause of numerous panic attacks, because it feels awful and I'm afraid of permanant eye and/or skin damage.  I didn't realize until now this is actually a wds.  I went to my primary doctor last week about it.  But as far as she and my HMO are concerned, I went through a 4 day hospital benzo detox three years ago and the problem was solved then.  I haven't told them that I relapsed and have recently tapered off on my own.  They, like so much of the U.S. medical establishment, have no understanding what benzo wd is really like.  As far as magnesium, I recently started taking my multivitamins again but may discontinue them.  For me, the burning started while I wasn't taking any vitamins at all.

Hi Laura,

I tried taking a magnesium and b6 supplement last week and the next two days my symptoms were off the charts again !  They are dying down again.  I think we are still too sensitive to take them right now.  You know what this is.... remember what the doctor said.  It is withdrawl.  This will end soon .  Hang in there sweety !  Gin

Oh my heart goes out to you, it sounds like it must be extremely intense.  I've been going through the same thing since starting my taper, but the worst of the burning/muscle pain/cramps has been since my last cut.  I decided to divide my dose up in 3 equal doses spread throughout the day thinking that may help by having a steady flow.  I think I may try what Marian said with the tart cherry juice.  Even if it doesn't work, can't hurt to have something healthy.  I still suffer from chronic pain from a herniated disc and surgery for that from last year and have been in/out of work repeatedly since each time the sciatic pain comes back.  Scar tissue had developed on my S1 nerve root and I've seen all kinds of doctors, tons of tests including NCS, multiple MRI's.  Keep being told my pain is from the scar tissue on the nerve root.  I just assumed when this pain/burning intensified that my nerve has gotten really inflammed and wouldn't calm down.  Now after reading your post and others, I realize it is part of the WS.  I truly hope you get some relief soon.

Hugs to ya,

Donna

I am 23 months off a ton of benzos and pain meds.  During my first year off, the stinging and burning (especially on my FEET!) was so bad all I could was lie in bed praying for God to take me.  I used to bargin with God....."oh, just stop the pain in my FEET! and I will bear everything else...." but the burning continued.  Now it has lessened a great deal, but I still have days with the red face, burning skin, etc.  I started taking alpha-lipoic acid (Source Naturals.....2 capsules 3X a day) and that really REALLY helps.  I have several diabetic friends, with severe neuropathy, and they all swear by it. 

So sorry for all your suffering and kind words and suggestions , I was wondering Bud can you describe the stinging you were dealing with, I know I read you felt your skin burning, mine comes from within the nerves , it feels like the muscles and bones are being sawed through or sauderned through thats how the stinging feels to me , the burning is deep deep muscle burning . My feet are so bad as well my hands my hnads are so bad I cant even feel any texture on my body , it feels like its all plastic or covered with latex , I feel the stinging has gotten so bad that for the past few mths my hands are extremly painful ,the bones in my fingers are also extremly painful, the pain intensity has only been over the past few mths its done this to me, I have no problem bending them or anything , but just even dng nothing its a constant pain , I think alll the stinging done something to them,even my left foot has a shooting pain on the bottom at times it feel like I am walking on broken bones, I a,m to 23mths off and cant believe it got this bad , I am at my witts end as all of you are. I considered the Alpha Acid but afterjust trying the magnesium for 3 days I wonder if thats the cause of this flare up, but who knows I had many flare up before caused from nothing else. I am gng to try the Tart cherry juice as soon as I am able to get to the store .And its been only the past 4 mths I started to have extreme muscle pain , and bone pain , its unreal !!!!! This has got to end soon !!!!!!!!!!! I am eternally grateful that all of you came to offer me some support and comfort , it feels so good inside to still be acknowkledged at this far off . Thank you and Thank you soooo much !!!!!!!