stomach acid/ pains

HI guys!!

I am struggling really bad with stomach acid and pains.. Like electricity jolts that really hurt shoot through, and crazy stomach acid my whole tummy is on fire. It seems to get worse instead of better. anybody else? thanks

Chance

It has gotten better. Antacids didn't help. Eating small amounts frequently seemed to be the best thing an lots of water. I hope you get some relief.

thanks Spunky!!

man it sucks lol!! glad to hear yours has gotten better.. I am trying to not run to the dr. maybe leave it for a couple of more weeks and then go! thanks again for replying hope you are having a good day.

chance

Chance-It took a while for things to settle down and i went to plenty of Dr.'s. I think our GABA receptors in our stomach just need time to heal. I hope yours does soon.

This is my main physical symptom. It's caused my severe aspiration and breathing issues....which is what put me on klonopin to begin with. My entire stomach & GI tract feels on fire much of the time. I definitely think klonopin made it much, much worse over the year i've been on it. PPI's made things worse, and gave me an entire different set of side effects.

My most effective arsenals has been chugging alot of ice water and going gluten free.

I agree with DDR, lots of water and watch the diet.  I'm gluten free too.  I also have the fiery stomach and reflux problem.  I've heard so many people say that PPI's make them feel worse.  Another thing that helps me a little is a tsp of cream of tarter in a cup of warm water.  It's like an antacid, but it doesn't seem to do any harm.  It's also somewhat calming because it helps alkylize you.

This has just now been hitting me really hard, things that make it worse: gluten and lactose.  I have to stay away from these two things completely or I suffer.  I drank milk before bed one night and I had horrible pains in my stomach and so much acid I threw up over and over, my stomach was on fire.  I drink aloe juice as well to settle the acid.  Helps TREMENDOUSLY.  Magnesium does help too.  Hope you feel better:)

I finally had to see a doctor because my whole digestive tract was a mess.  Heartburn, stomach pain, spasms, IBS symptoms.  Endoscopy biopsy back in 2008 confirmed H-pylori, which gi doctor said was not causing my stomach problems.  I didn't feel much relief from taking PPI's after my c/t, and had to taper off prilosec...which caused acid rebound. :-\  I was able to take small amounts of Tums , and my diet was very limited since 2008. 

I had another endoscopy and colonoscopy three weeks ago, and the H-pylori was very active, causing erosive gastritis in my stomach, duodenitis, and inflammation in esophagus.  It has been almost a week since I finished a 14 day antibiotic treatment, along with Prilosec. :( 

One other thing.....I broke out with shingles right before the procedures. 

If your symptoms are severe, you should get it checked out.  I suffered tremendously for 4 months thinking this was withdrawal.  I do think that stress from withdrawal caused excess acid production.  I am still trying to figure this all out.

Take care  !

Sunny girl

This has just now been hitting me really hard, things that make it worse: gluten and lactose.  I have to stay away from these two things completely or I suffer.  I drank milk before bed one night and I had horrible pains in my stomach and so much acid I threw up over and over, my stomach was on fire.  I drink aloe juice as well to settle the acid.  Helps TREMENDOUSLY.  Magnesium does help too.  Hope you feel better:)

Hey, good advice....here I am suggesting to just drink water.....

Miss you, how are you? Do you have a blog? Can't find. have totally been thinking about you :) I had to drink your margarita on Saturday...thanks but I would rather of had you there. lol.

Hugs, sarahface :) cute face :)

Dipity~

Arg! This was my worst symptom last month. There was an express elevator straight from the bile ducts to my throat. Constant little gurgles of bile. Nasty!

I'm waiting to get an H Pylori test and while I wait, it's gotten better. The things I've tried

PPI - 4 weeks, taper off. Made things worse, I think. Certainly no better. Not worth it.  :(

Pepcid Complete - only when I'm desperate to protect the mucus membranes

Slippery elm

Aloe Vera gel

Reduce acid foods and beverages (coffee, even decaf just hurts me)

Small, more frequent meals

Tums

I'm not sure what has helped, but my symptoms are less than before. Still not great. The doc is no help - just pushes the PPI. What did people do before PPI's?  :idiot:

I'm thinking the trick might be to get through this with whatever measures we can and just maybe it will clear up after benzos. Fingers crossed.

I finally had to see a doctor because my whole digestive tract was a mess.  Heartburn, stomach pain, spasms, IBS symptoms.  Endoscopy biopsy back in 2008 confirmed H-pylori, which gi doctor said was not causing my stomach problems.  I didn't feel much relief from taking PPI's after my c/t, and had to taper off prilosec...which caused acid rebound. :-\  I was able to take small amounts of Tums , and my diet was very limited since 2008. 

I had another endoscopy and colonoscopy three weeks ago, and the H-pylori was very active, causing erosive gastritis in my stomach, duodenitis, and inflammation in esophagus.  It has been almost a week since I finished a 14 day antibiotic treatment, along with Prilosec. :( 

sunny girl

might be facing hpylori treatment waiting on biopsy

had blood test saying i had it

but wanted to confirm because gi doc says since i had it before shows up in blood for while

wanted to be 100 sure

what antibiotics you take

fear that too

If your symptoms are severe, you should get it checked out.  I suffered tremendously for 4 months thinking this was withdrawal.  I do think that stress from withdrawal caused excess acid production.  I am still trying to figure this all out.

Take care  !

Sunny girl

you guys Thank you so much for replying to me!! IT sometimes helps not freak out so bad when other people tell you about there  symptoms.. I really appreciate you guys!! hope you are all well!

Chance

sunny girl

might be facing hpylori treatment waiting on biopsy

had blood test saying i had it

but wanted to confirm because gi doc says since i had it before shows up in blood for while

wanted to be 100 sure

what antibiotics you take

fear that too

Take care  !

Sunny girl

Chance.............I took amoxicillin, flagyl, prilosec for 14 days.  I survived the treatment, but something caused the burning, tingling sensation to fire up...again.  Headache, anxiousy, off feeling in my head at times.  I started taking 20 mg of Pepcid, after the treatment instead of the prilosec, and I have been taking very small amounts of bentyl (to help with spasms, cramps).  I don't know if these medications are causing these symptoms, or if the h pylori treatment caused some withdrawal symptoms to return.  I don't like taking acid reducing medications, but I will have to take it a little longer because of the gastritis.

I know how you feel.  These digestive symptoms make you feel bad all over.  I hope the acid is not causing heartburn or reflux symptoms for you.  :-\  Horrible !!!!!!!!!  I am hoping that the treatment takes care of it, for me. 

Wishing you the best !

Sunny girl

Forgot to say that the burning, tingling sensations are felt in my arms, legs, feet, hands.  Maybe my stomach acid is too low, now,causing low B 12 ! :laugh:  Who knows !!!!!!!!!  Gosh !!!!!!!!  I never wanted to go through this again.  I avoided any medicines for so long...just to get beat up again. :tickedoff:

I hope at some point my nervous system will calm down, and I want feel stressed.  I think that stress aggravates everything.  I never felt stressed like this in my life, before all this W/D.  I guess it just takes time for the nerves to completely heal. 

Dipity- well since there is no more privacy here, I guess I have to say this for the world to see.....I have been a little annoyed with this site lately.  I am pretty mad that there is no more pm, which is how I usually like to keep in touch with people, that and the thread I started. Other thing is, my thread started turning into people talking about anxiety and wd, and that was not the point of the thread.  I know I complain a bit on there about personal things, and sometimes how wd affects my life, but there were some new people on there who may have missed what the point of that thread was, so I stayed away.  Also I felt a little let down by a couple of people on there. I am a super sensitive girl, and I am sure they meant no harm, but my daughter just leaving, I am not in a good place.  My month four off has been awful and I am feeling completely hopeless.  I don't know how to keep going with all that is facing me.  I just don't know how long this is supposed to drag out, and I have no more strength in me.  I don't have anymore positive things to say right now to people, so I have just kind of stayed away.  I am giving up on a lot of things lately, and the fact that I don't have my daughter anymore, and she is with those evil people, and now they are going to try and keep her from me I am lost.  Sorry for the rant, but this is why I have stayed away, sorry love.