If you have bad muscle/nerve pain, please describe it

I'm getting hit more and more with bad muscle and nerve pain and joint inflamation.  It's very worrisome because it's sometimes hard to distinguish from other serious problems.  So if you have any of this in withdrawal, please describe how it feels and if you are able to find relief in any way. 

Mine is mostly on my right side.  My hip, shoulder, back, neck, and ear are affected, sometimes my chest too (costochondritis).  It radiates into my abdominal area, so it sometimes really scares me.  If I could just stop worrying about it and relax, it probably wouldn't bother me so much. 

Please share!

Sagemom

I have a lot of pain when I move above my right side hip that radiates down into the groin area. When I am not moving it seems OK. I also get quite a lot of lower back pain. The worst pain I get is terrible hand pain when I wake up, I've had this for months even before I started to taper. It goes when I move my hands.

Take care

B

I get a lot of muscle pain. It seems worse some days after I make my cuts then subsides somewhat. I also have hand pain and hip pain that feels like arthritis somewhat.

Hi Sagemom,

I have been suffer from this as well.  Initially I would have the joints in my hands flare due to what I thought was over use.  I had neck surgery last August and started to experience sever burning under my shoulder blades and running up my neck along with sharp pains.  I started eating sauerkraut and drinking tart cherry juice and the burning went away immediately and so did the inflammation and the deep muscle pain.  That seemed to last about ten days and then the inflammation came back in my hips, knees, shoulders, elbows, along with my hands.  My neck and back haven't been affected again so far.  For me it feels like a deep pain within the joint.  My joints are visibly swollen, red and hot.  The worst pain seems to shoot from my shoulders.  The shoulder stuff didn't start until after I had tried to do some yoga though.  I am still getting some burning down my legs and in my feet and that hadn't been happening before the new diet.  I'm getting close to my fifth month and don't understand why these physical s/x's are getting worse.  I don't know if staying in bed or trying to do gentle stretching is the answer.  I'm clueless right now.  I'm sorry your suffering from this as well.

Love,

Mariann

Did you notice any increase in anxiety when you started the sourkraut and tart cherry?  I have some Bubbies sourkraut which I bought for the enzymes and probiotics, but I think it increases my anxiety.  I've also been curious about the tart cherry. 

Actually I started sleeping a ton and felt pretty relaxed but possibly that had more to do with the cherry juice.

I'm getting hit more and more with bad muscle and nerve pain and joint inflamation.  It's very worrisome because it's sometimes hard to distinguish from other serious problems.  So if you have any of this in withdrawal, please describe how it feels and if you are able to find relief in any way. 

Mine is mostly on my right side.  My hip, shoulder, back, neck, and ear are affected, sometimes my chest too (costochondritis).  It radiates into my abdominal area, so it sometimes really scares me.  If I could just stop worrying about it and relax, it probably wouldn't bother me so much. 

Please share!

Sagemom, I have had bad neck and shoulder muscle pain, nerve pain is extreme, feels like every nerve in the body is screaming in agony, feet and legs have had that burning and stabbing thing going on from time to time and I am just about to write a post myself about leg pain I have been having, feels like deep in the calf bones, feel sick with it.

Henryk

I also have the muscle/bone pain, for me it wasnt that bad in the beginning , it wasnt any concern to me back then , but now its a big concern , my fingers and hands ache so bad, so painful , somedays it wasnt as bad , but the past few days its really bad, my shoulders are really tensed, my upper back shoulder blades are extremly painful, I worry muscle spasms can lock in place and stay that way forever, My neck is always tight, stiff, my left leg the upper part in back of my leg feels like the muscle is so tight its gng to pop out, I get deep deep muscle burning when I stretch , like the muscles are burning , do anyone have that happen? its all over , I only started to get this bad in Januray , not as bad then but as the mths came around it got worst, I struggle even walking now, my left foot at the bottom is extremly painful , I never even had problems with pain on my feet or hands ever before now, its so scarey. Sorry all of you are gng through this too, Thanks again Henry for posting that answer for me on my blog , it was exactly what I was looking for . txs again.

Thanks for your replies, it helps to commiserate a little.  I hear about so many people with nothing but the mental sx, and I wonder what's wrong with me.  I'm sitting with a hot water bottle today, it definitely helps the back and the abdominal tension. 

Mine was really bad, it comes and goes usually lasting 7 to 10 days.... might have something to do with my hormones????  I had a really bad episode not long ago, First I noticed my neck muscles getting tight and started to burn, then it went all down my spine and spread to my arms and legs, it was truly horrible. I couln't get off the couch for 3-4 days, I felt burning mixed with pain and then my hole body felt bruised???? So weird. One night I got so scared I went to see my doctor ans asked for some blood work to chech for inflammation and everything was normal. I am happy to say that it has passed, thank god.... I don't know if it will come back but I found that epsom salt baths helped the most.  Hang in there , It will pass for you too

Thank you!  My problem is pre-existing, and just worsened by benzos.  When i was tested for inflamation before I even went on this med, my seds were way up.  I can't even imagine what they would be now.  I shouldn't be on a benzo at all!

I get real bad muscle and joint pain particularly in my wrists. My left forearm has been sore constantly for 3 weeks now.

It seems to me that this all gets worse after even mild exercise and I think feels worse than it actually is due to being exaggerated by withdrawal,...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

I use muscle rub, tensor bandages, heat and Aleve, but if I take pain relievers too much I get Intestinal issues so I have to balance all this as best I can. 

I just started the Magnesium , its been 2 days no change with me yet, I started taking flax oil a week ago, I never had any pre existing condition before this , and had every inflammtion test done , and Zero inflammation , but I swear I feel like my body is full of inflammation, I even tatse bone pain in my mouth , I know it dont make any sense , I feel like my vertabrae is being streched in my neck , my shoulders hurt really bad as well as my shoulder blades , extremly tight, and painful, when I strech my muscles burn all over. It so strage how this can get this bad, I am 23 mths off and I started to only get this muscle /bone pain started at 18 mths for me , I fear this all the time.

I just started the Magnesium , its been 2 days no change with me yet, I started taking flax oil a week ago, I never had any pre existing condition before this , and had every inflammtion test done , and Zero inflammation , but I swear I feel like my body is full of inflammation, I even tatse bone pain in my mouth , I know it dont make any sense , I feel like my vertabrae is being streched in my neck , my shoulders hurt really bad as well as my shoulder blades , extremly tight, and painful, when I strech my muscles burn all over. It so strage how this can get this bad, I am 23 mths off and I started to only get this muscle /bone pain started at 18 mths for me , I fear this all the time.

I see you tried homeopathy a couple years ago.  Were you seen by a homeopath, or did you self-prescribe?  Have you considered trying to find a good classical homeopath?  That's what I plan to do after I'm off the poison.

Please share!

Hi Sagemom...I am nursing a very bad wrist/forearm and have barely been able to type on here these past 2-3 days...but HAD to respond to this as I think I have the same feeling as you.  The pain is mostly right-sided (though it does leave and travel to the left side from time to time).  I get shoulder pain, pelvic pain and now often chest pain that feels like tiny needles inside my chest wall...scary feeling.  Then I get rib pain that feels like sharp/shooting pain on the lowest ribs (mainly right, but sometimes left).  I also get it in the solar plexus and around my abdomen.  Sometimes it's a dull ache or burn, other times it is sharp nerve pain.  I use heating bads and try to keep lots of water in me....also just started magnesium powder a week ago. 

I can 100% empathize with you....it's exhausting. 

Sending you hugs,

Schatje

Ooooh, thank you Schatje!  It sounds like what you're going through is very similar to mine.  It IS exhausting, isn't it?  And scary.  And depressing. 

Hi Sagemom, I was taking homeopathic Remedies perscribed from a Homeopathic Dr , I started them the day after I came off Benzos , I was on them for the first 7 Mths , it reved me up .Sometimes I wonder if I never took any of them I could off been recovered by now, I now even fear trying them again. Do you or anyone else having muscle pain , feel like thier muscles are like cement so stiff , not just tensed but stiff? and have muscle burning from the stiffness ? even my fingers feel like cement , if so, please share , thank you

Love Laura

Ooooh, thank you Schatje!  It sounds like what you're going through is very similar to mine.  It IS exhausting, isn't it?  And scary.  And depressing.

It really can be...I am 9 months out and  only started getting these particular feelings this late in the game...but so many other things have improved which is good.  The nerve/pains/burns are very unsettling though...I even had a good cry about it tonight.

Thinking of you...love and hugs,

Schatje

I have pain in my left upper leg, near my hip that radiates down my leg. Also, my left toe gets sore and numb off and on.  It is very scary.  I've got a doctor's appt Tues to check blood sugar etc.  Hopefully, it's not diabetic neuropathy.  Will be praying we all get some relief from this symptom soon.  It is very unnerving. :(

still with the neck and behind ear pains..

painful shoulder..

some facial pain today

and this deep pain in my left leg today..lower..

that hurt..

some jaw eye and tooth pains as well..

Im goin to my doc tomorrow and ima make an appt with the ENT..

painful shoulder..

some facial pain today

that hurt..

I have all that to a T.  My dentist thinks it's TMJ. 

Hi Sagemom, I was taking homeopathic Remedies perscribed from a Homeopathic Dr , I started them the day after I came off Benzos , I was on them for the first 7 Mths , it reved me up .Sometimes I wonder if I never took any of them I could off been recovered by now, I now even fear trying them again. Do you or anyone else having muscle pain , feel like thier muscles are like cement so stiff , not just tensed but stiff? and have muscle burning from the stiffness ? even my fingers feel like cement , if so, please share , thank you

Love Laura

Hi Laura,

That's what I've been afraid of, which is why I haven't tried it yet.  It took some Arsenicum before the meds, and it make me so much worse for days, like three days before I got any relief, and then it was only minor. 

Maybe you're homeopath just got it wrong?  Or the wrong potency maybe?  I think we need much lower potencies and far fewer doses in withdrawal, just too sensitive. 

My face sometimes feels stiff like cement.  It feels tight and numb. 

painful shoulder..

some facial pain today

that hurt..

I have all that to a T.  My dentist thinks it's TMJ.

yeah , maybe i will go to the dentist as well..I noticed when I wake up in the middle of the night from sleeping i clench my teeth really hard..