Pure Nothingness

How do anyone cope?

Everyday is just worthless. These toughts is unbareable, having lost oneself totally.

Im at motnh 4 or something, and things is´nt looking great.

I havent had any pshysical s/x to talk about really. Some general discomfort in my body. The anxiety and the depression is the things that dosent seem liveable. I´m seriously thinking of starting Valium again. Is it possible to live on Valium the rest of ones life? Or will one just hit incredible doses and then get sick of that.

Seems like there isnt much to do at all

FTW

How do anyone cope?

Everyday is just worthless. These toughts is unbareable, having lost oneself totally.

Im at motnh 4 or something, and things is´nt looking great.

I havent had any pshysical s/x to talk about really. Some general discomfort in my body. The anxiety and the depression is the things that dosent seem liveable. I´m seriously thinking of starting Valium again. Is it possible to live on Valium the rest of ones life? Or will one just hit incredible doses and then get sick of that.

Seems like there isnt much to do at all

FTW

Did you taper or just stop taking the valium, Henke?  To answer your question, a doctor back in 2008 told me I could stay on 5mg valium forever, no problem.  A couple months later, I started having cog fog and tolerance, updosed to 7mg and felt more groggy and out of it, then went back to 5mg and started having high anxiety and unpleasant s/x.  I made the decision then that I had to get off the poison.  A couple months later I started what turned out to be a 10 month taper off.  The first six months to a year off can be a challenge but it will get better eventually.  If you find you have depression, you could consider talking with your doctor about an a/d rather than going back to valium.

Vertigo

I did taper, but I dont remeber it that much. I think I taperd over 5 months, I jumped from 2mgs, and becouse I havent had any physical s/x I think that maybe I wasnt that hard hit. But I dont know. Isnt the mental stuff the last thing to heal? I mean it seems like the worst thing is the mental stuff, the anxiety the depression.

Im on Cipralex and Effexor also, dont know if they can prolong my w/d.

Henke,

I tend to agree with Vertigo.  I'd try an a/d before I'd ever consider going back on a benzodiazepine.  I know that it would eventually lead down the same road.

The issue of kindling is something to consider before you make a decision.  You may already know about this:

Kindling is the phenomenon which occurs as a result of repeated withdrawal from benzodiazepines or alcohol that leads to increasingly severe withdrawal symptoms, including an increased risk of seizures.

This is not to scare you, but to let you know about the possibility of this should you reinstate.

I'm so sorry you're still feeling bad, but each day is a step closer to being healed.  You are 15 months into healing right now. 

Challis  :mybuddy:

I am on a/d Cipralex and Effexor, that **** just dont help me, and I fear that it will prolong my suffering, but I honestly dont know.

I´m maybe going to a psychiatric ward tomorrow, but Im not shure just yet. Im living with my parents right now and that is something I just dont want anymore, for **** sake Im 30!

Challis99 Im just at four months off actually, 'Im afraid that it will be like this for a long time.

Edited for profanity.

Henke,

I'm not sure, but I don't think I've read anything about a/d's prolonging recovery.  If anything, they should help get you through.

Today I've been reading around the forum and have seen maybe four or five others who are having issues at four months off.  Have you seen these?  I can't remember now who they are.  Maybe read some more threads on this board and see what you can find.  It might be good to connect with someone else who's at month 4.

We're all on our own timelines of recovery, but I don't think you'll be this bad for long.  A window maybe be right around the corner.  However, if you feel you need to be under psychiatric care, I'm behind you on that, Henke...you knows what's best for you... :thumbsup:

Sorry, had to edit your post. 

Challis    :mybuddy: