Does it sometimes get worse before it all goes away?

I am 15 months out and I feel wierd......like not myself. Head issues. Last month my issues were more physical, muscle pain (in my gut and back) etc. Now that feels better but I feel wierd, my head is not clear. I have a nervous feeling that comes and goes with some anxiety. I feel dizzy from time to time and very tired at night. Now I am also on testosterone therapy and my endo increased the meds so maybe that could have something to do with it....it has only been a week so maybe my body needs to adjust. And as I sit here my muscles are twitching, minor, but twitching. Could it just be a mini wave? Maybe it is the dark before the dawn? I guess I just need some reassurance.

Thank you!

-CL

It sounds like a wave.  I have been on testosterone before, but I found I didn't need it.  It revved me up and interfered with my sleep.  By the way, how were you tested for low testosterone?

Sincerely,

fg

Hi Carlover,

Have you Googled your testosterone meds to see if these could be side effects?  Pretty suspicious since you're only into the higher dose a week.

Challis

Testosterone fires up the muscles, so that could also be causing some issues.  I was on both Androgel and then later on a compounded version of testosterone.  They only served to cause more problems because I was tested the wrong way (for low testosterone) and didn't need the testosterone after all.

At any rate, that's my experience.

Wishing you well ...

fg

16 months off here and I feel your pain. I'm doing pretty good overall but I still have some cognitive and emotional symptoms that are giving me problems. The time factor of this SUCKS. Sure, you get better as time goes on but if you have stubborn symptoms that prevent you from getting on with your life it gets old.

Thanks for all of your great replies......fish i am seeing an endo who tests like 50 things at a time....what is the proper way to test for it?

CL

CL,

The proper way I was told (by a lab) to test for testosterone is a saliva test or a bloodspot test (where you prick one of your fingers and check the blood from the capillaries).  I was initially tested using a blood test in a vein in my right arm.  I found out that that is not always accurate and it showed that I was low in testosterone when I really wasn't. 

When I did a saliva test (I obtained the kit from my doctor) and got the results back, I discovered that my testosterone was 9950!  This was nearly 3 times the very highest level of a man my age.  When I went off the testosterone I gradually got better and am sleeping great now.

I can't think of the name of the lab at the moment, but you can probably Google testosterone lab testing and it may show up.  I'm thinking the results were sent to Phoenix, but I may be wrong.

Also, some compounding pharmacies have kits to test for it.

Sincerely,

fg

CL,

I believe it was ZRT labs that I had the testosterone testing through.  Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

fg