least problematic antibiotics?

[sa...]

It seems like a lot of people get bad flares on antibiotics.  I know how bad the fluorquinalones are.  But how about some of the others?  Does anyone know which ones are more or less problematic during withdrawal?  Any experiences either positive or negative?

• 3 weeks later...
I had to take cephalexin because of my bionic knee whenever having dental work. No problem. Had a dose of amoxicillin for the same thing, also no problem.

I think amoxicillin is pretty safe.  I just heard that the Z-pack of antibiotics could cause cardiac issues, however.

fg

The only ones that are contraindicated are the fluoroquinolones. Other antibiotics have very different mechanisms of action.

It would be like thinking, in w/d we can't drink alcohol. So drinking = bad, meaning drinks = bad, meaning soda and juice are bad to drink.  The other antibiotics are similar in that they target bacteria, but together they are all "drinks," while the fluoroquinolones are the alcohol and others would be the juice and soda.

I think there are differences between some of the others.  I've heard that the macrobid antibiotics have been more troublesome for some. 

I do think, however, that a lot of the increased sx we experience during antibiotic treatment has to do with bacterial die-off rather than any direct drug toxicity.

I just posted about this too. I might have an ear infection and might need some a/b. Was curious of other people's experience with this.