What is the benzo flu

[Ho...]

I dont know if what I have is the benzo flu or not but I need to know if it is. I've been feeling mild, random flu symptoms for about 4 weeks now. Feeling like something is stuck in the back of my throat, muscle pain in the legs, fatigue, tiny stuffy nose, etc... all these little symptoms but for a month now, it's getting so old I just want it to go away but nothing's happening, it's just staying the same... is it wd? By the way i don't have allergies so it's not that

It's sounds to me like it could be "benzo flu" but if you are uncertain, you could always go to the doctor to get a check up?  When I have the "benzo flu", I get (every time) achy legs, an irritated throat, sniffles and post nasal drip and tired muscles.  I know it's "Benzo flu" b/c the symptoms will wax and wane and it never turns into anything big.  I sometimes will even get the sweats and feel hold, but will have NO fever. 

I hope this wave of s/x passes for you soon, Holly.  I TRY to see it as my body working overtime to get better...but I know from experience that's not always the easy way to look at it.

Hugs,

Schatje

I have felt like this almost every single day for the past 6 weeks--achy muscles, malaise, sometimes swollen lymph nodes, occassional headache, dizzy, foggy-headed (like I do when I have a fever), but no fever.  I just feel generally yucky and ill.

Wow, this is a shock to me. I think you all are right and it is benzo flu because they have been waxing and waning a bit without turning into anything. And it REALLY flared up bad after I had alcohol 2 weekends ago. Further goes to show that that wasn't smart. I'm shocked because in all honesty, I thought I was more healed than this. 11 months out and i don't have much to show for it yet.  :-[

I know it is tough to wait like this. Confidence can run low but don't lose your confidence to endure. This.  You can do it for sure.  You might consider taking a look at your diet. I know that made a big difference for me when I  removed certain foods. 

thanks Garuda, trying to stay optimistic it's just neverending, always new sxs popping up and some refusing to dissapear, it's been so many years without health either mental or physical for me because of benzos i can't even remember what health feels like!