drinks

[be...]

Benzohellp,

I was definitely wanting a lovely glass of wine yesterday but I am told that alcohol makes the receptors angry. Caffeine, well that's a stimulant and just by definition can impede sleep.

I'm not willing to do anything that may inhibit healing at this point.

I believe there are other threads that shed light on this subject though.  :)

Hello Benzohelp, Ive occ drank alcohol without problems. Ive stayed mostly away from caffeiene but hoestly the few times I have had it I didnt have problems. :)

My doctor told me that alcohol does the same thing in the brain that benzos and z drugs do.  I quit for about 4 months.  I have a drink every once in a while now and do just fine.  I can have 1-2 weak drinks.  I have to stay away from beer because even if i have one I will not sleep that night.n  I drink 2 cups of coffee every morning and do just fine with that as well.  I think everyone is different and you just have to see how it affects you.

So why no alcohol or caffeine?  :crazy:

a few beers or sodas will stop healing or what

Hello Benzohellp,

Alcohol works on the same receptors/neurotrasmitters (GABA) that benzos do. Some people have been able to tolerate small amounts of alcohol after w/d, but most seem to have a problem with it revving up symptoms and causing a delay in healing. At this point it's best to take all of the necessary precautions until you know how different substances affect you. Generally, a lot of people have had issues with CNS stimulants like sugars and caffiene and also CNS depressants such as alcohol. You can do a search for more threads on this topic by typing in "alcholol" or "beer" or "wine". You should get quite a few threads. If you need more detailed information on it I am sure I can find some more information.

chrisw