Questions about waves and windows.

[Bj...]

I was recently switched from ativan .5 to klonopin .25mg and it seems that I'm having tolerance withdrawals still so I started to taper 15-25% of the pill a week.  Is it normal to feel a wave of neasea,vomiting, shaking, deliriousness, anxiety that can last only a few hours or for several days?  I'm new to all of the wave/window thing.  I'm just really scared that I'm going to be like this bumbling shaking fool the rest of my life...  :'(

I think you may be tapering too fast.  Most advise that you taper by 5-10% every two weeks.  That may help to alleviate any of the symptoms that you are experiencing.

Sincerely,

fg

The reason I am tapering fast is bc I'm afraid my psych doc is going to tell me to cut it in half. I have a very unapologetic nasty p-doc... I'm just worried that I'm going to be like this forever..  It's only been 5 months of being on benzos and the last 2 months have been hell bc I've built up a tolerance.  My doc denies that they are addicting at my .25 dose..  Tried so many other docs but none will prescribe...  out of today half the day was a daze

[a0...]

hey bj

welcome aboard.  Yeah shaking bumbling fool thats me without the shakes i have internal shakes all the stuff you are feeling is all withdrawal trust me and even off im still having it.  One day they promise it gets better.

Lizzy

I'm only on .25 klonopin... I feel like an idiot bc you guys were on like 2mg of this stuff and I know you've suffered a lot more.  I'm trying to stop completely in a 4-6 week time frame.  I'm trying to fight through all of the pain, mood swings, shakes, brain fog... Ext.  This really is hell.  Can u guys try to give me a better understanding about how your waves/windows are? 

I don't really know how much klonopin I'm on now bc I'm trying to dry cut but I would guess that I've reduced about 15-20% I tried cutting off up to where the 8 number is and Trying to eyeball it with other halfs without numbers. 

I had a very, very short term use with clonazepam (klon) as in 5 weeks and I stopped c/t without knowing better. I'm on day 16 and am having extended windows already- usually 3-4 good days in a row then maybe a full bad day, although it started out with 3-4 bad days, then a few good hours then back to the bad wave (anxious, tingling, restless). But...at 16 days I can feel most of it passing and as I look back 2 weeks I have been able to shake most of the sx's already.

Hang in there, God does hear your prayers.

Thx gxs for the encouragement and your testimony.  Next week the pill will be pretty close to being in half.  Today My mom stoped over to visit and she caught a glimpse of one of my super waves that hit me and she wanted to take me to the hospital.  She gets me even more worked up saying that maybe I'm scitsophrenic.    :sick:

Bj

You sound like you are doing pretty good. Windows of a few days and waves only a day or so. My opinion only but. Way to go:)

Carol

Yes it is worse to actually experience withdrawal than to read about it.