Day 14...hit with a wave.

[...]

I'm on day 14 of a "c/t" after 5-6 weeks of clonazepam. I have had runs of 3 days in windows and then a bad wave day, then building back to the 3 days of windows. Does this cycle of windows early on after getting off clonazepam signal detox or healing? Should I hope that a quick recovery is on the way with these longer early windows? I just wish that sleep would start getting back to normal.

It was a tough one today. Hoping another window is on the way soon.

Follow up question- has anybody gone back to a benzo for a one day as needed for panic attacks without triggering sx's again post w/d? Just wondering if I am s.o.l. for help with panic attacks that don't respond to deep breathing or exercise.

hi,

I am now using Vistaril (hydroxizine) a sedating antihistamine that is not GABAnergic and therefore does not affect the receptors.  I take 25 to 50 mg. 1 or 2 times a day every so few days.  Max dose is 200 mg in 24 hours.  It has helped me in several pickles.  I recommend that you speak with your doctor.  Good option for some.  :) Hugs, Klonkers

hi,

I am now using Vistaril (hydroxizine) a sedating antihistamine that is not GABAnergic and therefore does not affect the receptors.  I take 25 to 50 mg. 1 or 2 times a day every so few days.  Max dose is 200 mg in 24 hours.  It has helped me in several pickles.  I recommend that you speak with your doctor.  Good option for some.  :) Hugs, Klonkers

I also have had good luck with the hydroxizine Atarax is my brand name, to use as needed.  I take 10 to 20 mg as needed every 4 hours.  I have rarely had to take 70 mg in a day which is still a very low dose. It has helped with the anxiety. 

There is no way I would ever take another benzo even one time or just one day.  I would be afraid what putting that crap back into my system would do.  There are other options - I agree talk to your Dr about the hydroxizine or other things that might be able to help.  Please don't turn back to a benzo, that could really set you back.

stay in touch,

Sally

Thanks for the hydroxizine idea-

Have you had any issues or side effects from this med? Does it help you to sleep as well?

Yes, it can be used for sleep.  Some people take 50 mg. 75 mg. or 100 mg. for sleep.  Your doctor will tell you how to take it.  The max daily dose is 200 mg. in 24 hours. It has anticholinergic effects which means that it can cause dry mouth, other mucous membranes, and urinary retention.  :) Hugs, Klonkers