Rapid Xanax taper

[Do...]

Hello rapid taper...ers ,

This is a good discussion board for me as I am not experienced with taper plans, but would love to help benzobuddies any way I can. I came late to benzobudies, so I really just jumped down the benzo rabbit hole blindly. I only had basic knowledge of drug withdrawal such as; cut back, taper down, etc.  In Jan 2012 I cut 50% over night which was a freakishly bad time for me.  On youtube I learned the water taper and cut another 25% strait away. My taper lasted a few weeks then I jumped xanax and ambian simultaneously.

I do get emails from time to time asking for advice or opinions about rapid taper, xanax, or ambien, so I would like to put myself out there for anyone who may need my help.

Peace and healing to all...  :thumbsup: K

[cb...]

Doc

I just asked this question of you on the other thread so thanks for clearing up how quick you got off dont bother answering the other one.  That was quick to and your doing so well.

thanks Lizzy

All in all I cut 50% strait away from 4 mg to 2 mg for about 3 weeks and then .50 or .25 for 10 days. I had no idea about crossover or taper plans for benzos at the time. Joined benzobuddies in March and got benzo wise. Too late to reinstate and i am glad that i did not. Cutting and tapering was the hardest part for me.

56 days after jumping 90% better.  :)

[cb...]

Doc K

Im happy I have met you so hopefully as time goes on I will get better to.  Love how you are recovering so fast.

Stay in touch

Lizzy

All in all I cut 50% strait away from 4 mg to 2 mg for about 3 weeks and then .50 or .25 for 10 days. I had no idea about crossover or taper plans for benzos at the time. Joined benzobuddies in March and got benzo wise. Too late to reinstate and i am glad that i did not. Cutting and tapering was the hardest part for me.

56 days after jumping 90% better.  :)

Doc K That is AMAZING! Two months after close to C/T and 90% better??? :o Well done.

You know, I hear over and over again that tapering real slow is the only way to go, I have had a hell of a time tapering, I had two rapid tapers last year, hell both times, reinstated, hung around waiting on things to improve for 7 MONTHS (never knew any better at the time), then started a micro taper, losing 0.2ML (10ML = 4MG) a week, (1mg every THREE MONTHS), 32 weeks later slammed into a wall, held for 7 weeks, nothing better, just started tapering (faster) again, wish to God I had just saw it through last year, could have been well on the road to healing by now.

So happy for you that it has went so smoothly, and so goo to hear of such a positive from such a rapid taper.

Henryk.

Hey Henry.. thanks for sharing with me.  I hope you make it through this taper with flying colors. The tapering was the worst part for me but after 30 days free things started to turn up.  I am on day 60 now... I wish you a speedy recovery.