WHAT TO EXPECT

[ae...]

[ae...]

I think Im gonna jump c/t to a large daily dose of phenobarbital, like I have done in the past, and jump into a non medical detox county funded program. I have to make sure my doctor says its "safe" though and then call into the detox center to get evaluated.

What major risks am I taking as I have done this before for 8 days through an out-patient medical detox....

At least I wont have a seziure...? Any input appreciated. :)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[00...]

Janedoe0202

Welcome to bb.  Ive just done it and yes you will be off but will not leave symptom free.  There is a thread started somewhere on the c/t board from KD90 go read what wellness just wrote to him its a very detailed description. 

Good luck

Lizzy

Lol, Jane. Yes gas and almost any GI symptom might show up. I know! I was at the dentist office early in my taper and when she moved the chair so that my head was lower than my behind, the gas automatically rose. It was mortifying and funny at the same time.

I remember her asking me if I needed a minute. LOL.

Some people get constipated, some get loose stool. I've had both, as most people do before it's over. We have GABA receptors in our guts, too. So this is a very legitimate question. GI symptoms are even recognized by some medical professionals.

Good luck Jane. I enjoy reading your posts. They are honest and refreshing and often quite funny.

Flip

Hi Jane,

My insides felt like they were rearranged and the same happened to me as Fliprain. It's very common.

I used to joke with some other members awhile back about gas.

Did you ever see the movie Bucket List? There was a line in there where Jack Nicholson said,"never trust a fart" well it's true, in my case anyway. Just a word of caution there. ;)

Mike

[ae...]

yes SKYY.

I would like to know when the danger zone is for seziures if i were not to be on valium.

THANKYOU.

seizures depend on drug, length of use, dosage, weight of patient  and pre morbid conditions of the patient, ie: diabetes, cirrhosis, alcohol use, on and on.....

Short acting benzos, patients can be at risk for seizure in as soon as 24 hours.

Long acting benzos 3-10 days, but you have to remember every body will be different.

SKYY

seizures depend on drug, length of use, dosage, weight of patient  and pre morbid conditions of the patient, ie: diabetes, cirrhosis, alcohol use, on and on.....

Short acting benzos, patients can be at risk for seizure in as soon as 24 hours.

Long acting benzos 3-10 days, but you have to remember every body will be different.

SKYY

I'm 5 days into a cold turkey off valium and zopiclone. I'm hoping this means I'm getting out of the danger zone. It seems that the worst is probably gonna hit about seven or eight days out.

[ae...]
i would do the 10 just to be safe lol, actually i am doing 14. As u can see from my posts, thats all im worried about, everything else is "manageable" for now.

from valium? I hear from xanax its the first 3-7 days...im not having a good day at all. i want to give up.

When I was in detox they kept me under observation for 28 days. I think they said I it was 20 days, but they sent me home with anti-seizure meds and instructed me to take it for at least another month. I followed their recommendation to the letter. May want to consult a doctor on this one to be safe.

Chrisw

i would do the 10 just to be safe lol, actually i am doing 14. As u can see from my posts, thats all im worried about, everything else is "manageable" for now.

Oh, I'll definitely make it to 10. Let's just hope I don't end up in ER! I never stop believing in the ability of the body to heal itself.

[ae...]
my doctor actually says to start tapering now, but he tends to be Mr. superman with this stuff, thinks ill be fine...NP at all! so whatever he says I double lol.. :P

[ae...]

SKYY

I'm 5 days into a cold turkey off valium and zopiclone. I'm hoping this means I'm getting out of the danger zone. It seems that the worst is probably gonna hit about seven or eight days out.

How are you doing?