anxiety after detox

[7d...]

[7d...]

Hi cold turkey rapid taper friends

I have been directed over here after posting on the withdrawal thread.  Im having crippling anxiety like feels like im constantly swallowing a panic attack if that makes sense.  Really need some reassurance today its tough I know its only seven days out but seriously does this anxiety/panicky feeling go away???  ever its hard to imagine living like this forever thats for sure.

thanks bb friends

Lizzy

Hi Lizzy,

I can still remember the first week off and the anxiety that went with it. The high level of anxiety may last for sometime before it becomes a little more bearable.

Does the anxiety go away? Yes! It just takes too !#@% long.

Like I said, it may stay at a high level for an extended period of time and that's the way it seems to be when going off the drug so fast.

Just try to remember why and whats causing the anxiety and believe(know) it will level out and eventually go away.

Hope you catch a break soon,

Mike

[7d...]

Thanks Mike

Its bulls#@$ hey Mike however we are always stronger than what we think.  Did get some good answers on the withdrawal thread but wanted to know the ct opinion.  Glad to know it will disappear eventually.

hope you are doing ok

Lizzy

Hey Lizzy... I did a rapid taper. My anxiety was pretty bad for about 3 weeks after jumping. I kept a good journal and still do. At 8 weeks off I am back on coffee. Tonight I feel really chill/tired, but I cannot complain.  I am hoping you will have less anxiety soon. I know how bad it can be. Hugs K

[7d...]

thanks Doc K

yeah im hoping it will slow the you know what down.  Im jumping out of my skin at the moment.  that is so good you are feeling ok again.  Makes me happy to hear it.  this anxiety is such a physical thing hard to explain however im sure you know the feeling.

Lizzy

My anxiety was so bad at one point that I had thought I was going to be arrested for not answering my phone. That was probably a little of both the derealization and anxiety mixed together. Lol... At another point I had become so accustomed to the everyday anxiety that when the anxiety started to fade I had anxiety about not having anxiety. It is really hard to explain and almost anything can trigger it, but it does get better. Hugs K

[7d...]

haha Doc its a travesty hey.

one day at a time right.  Its late afternoon here and the anxiety has lifted somewhat.  Just like that but it did last all day.  Hopefully Ill be following in your path soon.

Are you nearly symptom free would you say.

Lizzy

I am holding at about 90% symptom free. My remaining symptoms are random brain fog a few times per day (was 100% of the day in the beginning), my retrograde memory is the worst still cant remember a lot of things, windows of fatigue, strange appetite, carbs bring on benzo belly, and vivid dreams.

I sleep 7 hrs a night which is great as I missed sleep the most. I have been sleeping good for 3 weeks. Thank God!  :yippee:

[7d...]

yay sounding way positive to me.

hope everything continues to go smoothly as can be expected.  90% is pretty fantastic wouldnt you say.  Im impressed.  Yeah memory is a bad one I cant remember songs still cant read books etc.  The sleep thing is a bonus.  Im getting about 5 hours before the anxiety wakes me up.

I know it will go one day it wont always be this bad I have to believe it.

Lizzy

[7d...]

Dok when you have time I have read your signature.  Im either dumb which could be the case or Im confused how fast did you come off. 

Lizzy

Hi Lizzy, I hope things settle down for you soon...I was severely agitated about 7 months or so...chamomile tea and rescue remedy helped a little. Have you checked out the anxiety board...Beeper has posted some good stuff there. Take care love. xoxo Colleen

[7d...]

Hello Colleen

How r u lovely.  I hope your continuing to do well.  Well today was a different day its seems to be getting under control and I seem to be getting better by the day.

Love Lizzy

Lizzy, I'm so glad you are feeling better...that's awesome! I hope things just keep improving for you. I have been a little absent for a week or so...the sunburn thing was bad...blisters and peeling...my skin is red where I have peeled....and I felt a bit fluish and tired. I'm feeling better tonight. Did I mention I love UFC/MMA fighting? lol it was fight night and I got my inner beast going lol. I'm so low maintenance lol

[7d...]

you little lobster you.  I think the thing is the sun comes out and were like straight in it and think oh ive only had a bit. Well i have just missed this summer havent I its going to be heading to winter here in a few short weeks so I best enjoy the last of the sun.    You must have had more than a bit Colleen to blister like that.  Did you get any cream for it or just suffer.  You just blew my mind away with the UFC thing i love how you love that.  I dont mind it not really that popular out here however must say its always good for a look isnt it.

Somehow the benzo thing has not robbed me of my great sense of appreciation of the human body.

Lizzy

Lizzy, Im no stranger to sunburns...I grew up in Fl on the beach...moved to California and now in Arizona :pokey: I really knew better..used some aloe stuff its ok im tough lol. Yea the MMA thing...hot young guys in shorts...whats not to like lol? Bad boys with tats lol. So your summer is almost over? dang...does it get very cold there? Sorry for my ignorancce...I think it must be a great place to live...and all the wildlife there is so cool. Im not happy with the weather here its scorching for about 5 months...gets up to like 118 and stays all night :o xoxo

[7d...]

Colleen

Well of course you would be used to it then.  I grew up at the beach used to rub baby oil on the body the burnt the better.  However with all the campaigning here people have slowed down a bit.  At school here the rule is no hat no play the kids are not allowed outside with them.  Very strict.  However back to hot men in shorts I agree whats not to like.  It doesnt get real cold here seriously compared to the states no.  There are parts down south that snow and when I could i loved to visit there and ski cant see that happening this winter.  But where I live its cold but really you just need one sweater really and on a really cold day maybe a jacket.  Nothing to write home about thats for sure.  The wildlife is good but you know we are in the suburbs so contrary to public opinion there are no kangaroos roaming the neighbourhood  although you dont have to drive far to find any.

We have lots of snakes though and they are near us and of course spiders there are no escaping any of these.  We do have a pet snake as well though its an australian diamond python quite the lovely thing he is.

Whats Arizona like i never did get there ?

Love Lizzy

Lizzy, lol the baby oil...we did that too, even added iodine when we were teenagers...my best friend and I were very competitive with our tanning...we were competitive about everything though, had a lot of fun back in the day. Wow the kids have to wear hats outside...thats good though. When my daughter was in school it was year round school...felt so bad for her but she never knew anything else. There are a lot of little water parks here...they would only cost like .50 cents a kid...we went all the time..the only way kids can play here in summer is in water. It was fun for me too. Arizona is pretty I guess if you like deserts...cacti and mountains. I hated it when I moved here...I loved California...hated to leave. You ski? how fun...Ive been a few times mostly in California...only skied once here and was miserable with a headache...I didnt tolerate the altitude well. What I like about Arizona was riding...husband bought me a horse...thats when I really started having fun here. Lol kangaroos are so cute...you sure you dont have one in the backyard? A snake...they are pretty in an exotic way. Is he friendly? Do you have to feed him live mice? eek poor mice. xoxo

[7d...]

haha yeah sounds like you had fun growing up just like me.  I know the tanning competition so well thank goodness i have olive skin i usually one haha.  Oh the horse thing sounds like fun.  I dont have much experience with horses unfortunately and the ones Ive had have been bad as such lol.  but i to picture the differences between where we both live I find it fascinating that this whole benzo thing brings us all together.  The snake is friendly he is huge doesnt bit and no the feeding of live mice is also banned in Australia.  so he is feed defrosted frozen rats eeeewww i however do not participate in this process at all.

anyway we will keep each other posted this is more fun than benzo talk thats for sure.  Im so happy you are improving.

Love to you

Lizzyxx

Lizzy...lol frozen mice...glad its not your job to feed him! Yes this is so much better than benzo talk...good to leave benzoland sometimes. Im glad we could catch up Lizzy...I was thinking of you and Im really pleased you are dealing ok. Its a good sign. You have a wonderful attitude and spirit about you. Just keep putting the days behind you. You have lots of support here. Stay close to us. Im glad we caught up tonight! Love, Colleen

[7d...]

Goodnight my sweet friend.

Im going to head to bed early and try and heal some more.  So glad you and I caught up to.  I will stay close thats for sure.

take care will chat soon

Love Lizzy

Hi Lizzy...this benzo withdraw syndrome is very frightening...I was very afraid a lot and needed a lot of reassurance...I was afraid I was going crazy too...that somehow Id become seriously mentally ill...but thats not the case...Im good upstairs lol...its my remaining physical sx that give me grief now...the good news is all this is temporary...have to go thru the bad to get to the good...youll get there. much love, Colleen

Hi Lizzy, oh wanted to ask you about the chamomile tea...have you tried it yet...really comforted me...I drank it all day long...also if you are comfortable taking benadryl that took the edge off for me...actually I had hives everyday for over a year and took it but Im not very medication sensitive...also a warm soak in epsom salts may help too. You are in my thoughts dear one and I will be here for you. xoxo

[7d...]

thanks Colleen

Just got your pm between you and Sarah (Smuel) have saved me to live another day.  I feel mad just when I was getting better i have high expectations as you know.  Thank you its so terrifying and I do believe you its just hard to believe.  Glad to see your upstairs is ok lol im not sure mine was ever that crash hot haha.

Oh dear another day shouldnt you be in bed.

Oh just saw your new post no have not tried that tea but will get some.  Im  very med sensitive thats why im worried what its all done to me before i even took the benzos its hard to say this is withdrawal maybe my brain was fried by all of the stuff before.

I dont know sad face

Lizzyxx