Author Topic: 50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)  (Read 185049 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)
« Reply #3760 on: July 30, 2021, 07:06:12 pm »
Hi, I will be 59 in September.  I have tapered from 5 years of 2.0 mg Clonazepam daily, starting Memorial Day weekend 2021, I am now at 1.25 mgs & will cut 10% to 1.125 mgs for the month of August.  I see my Dr. August 23.  I am thinking of agreeing to a new script for 1.0 mgs a day for September, although I will have enough .0625 *bits* to safely taper down .

I am not happy about doing this but I actually feel about the same at 1.25mgs as I did at 2.0, and I am getting older AND my Dr. may retire soon so I want to be at 1.0 or lower when he retires so I can find another prescriber easier.

Hi - You are doing great with you taper.  I [...] wanted to suggest that if you do asked your doctor for a new script, you may want to asked for .5mg  or even .25mg  as they will be alot easier to cut as you [...] down.  I find that the further down in dose I [...] the harder it is to cut the .25 mg and I am sure at the amount you are at, the 1 mg pills will be even harder to cut!

Good luck with you taper.

Take care.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3761 on: July 31, 2021, 08:22:30 pm »
Thank you tolnblpt.  I do get the .5 mg clon tablets now, as Dr. changed my script back in May to 1.5 a day and he wants me to take them 3x a day.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3762 on: July 31, 2021, 10:06:27 pm »
Thank you tolnblpt.  I do get the .5 mg clon tablets now, as Dr. changed my script back in May to 1.5 a day and he wants me to take them 3x a day.

You are welcome!  That is great!  They are easier to cut.  Those pieces get harder and harder to make smaller.  They are like crumbs.  lol

Have a great day!!!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3763 on: August 03, 2021, 08:19:08 pm »
Hi, I will be 59 in September.  I have tapered from 5 years of 2.0 mg Clonazepam daily, starting Memorial Day weekend 2021, I am now at 1.25 mgs & will cut 10% to 1.125 mgs for the month of August.  I see my Dr. August 23.  I am thinking of agreeing to a new script for 1.0 mgs a day for September, although I will have enough .0625 *bits* to safely taper down .

I am not happy about doing this but I actually feel about the same at 1.25mgs as I did at 2.0, and I am getting older AND my Dr. may retire soon so I want to be at 1.0 or lower when he retires so I can find another prescriber easier.

Hi - You are doing great with you taper.  I [...] wanted to suggest that if you do asked your doctor for a new script, you may want to asked for .5mg  or even .25mg  as they will be alot easier to cut as you [...] down.  I find that the further down in dose I [...] the harder it is to cut the .25 mg and I am sure at the amount you are at, the 1 mg pills will be even harder to cut!

Take care.

Maybe switching to a liquid taper might help. I did that and found tiny cuts at even really low doses were super easy to do. [...] a thought :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3764 on: September 23, 2021, 08:13:44 pm »
Hello
Started benzos 32 years ago and into my second week of not taking that garbage.
Loving life or at least the part I can control.
Peace

[Buddie]

« Reply #3765 on: September 23, 2021, 10:07:40 pm »

Take care.

Maybe switching to a liquid taper might help. I did that and found tiny cuts at even really low doses were super easy to do. [...] a thought :)
Thanks but I have tried liquid and I am one of the people that can not tolerate it. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3766 on: October 12, 2021, 07:01:25 am »
Wonder how anyone is doing over 50?  Do we have an over 60 board, btw?

I don't post much because nothing seems to get me better.  Hopefully others are doing better than that?

Anyhow, hi to all!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3767 on: October 12, 2021, 09:46:25 am »
Wonder how anyone is doing over 50?  Do we have an over 60 board, btw?

I don't post much because nothing seems to get me better.  Hopefully others are doing better than that?

Anyhow, hi to all!
No but lots of us me included are over 60 Babs, and I'm not doing good right now  either unfortunately , you could start your own  over 60's + support group  board  if you want  a lot us are past 60 on here 

[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3768 on: October 12, 2021, 12:30:33 pm »
Anyone in this group doing well?  Frankly, I know nobody who has been on these many decades who is getting better.  Altho there are a few on here who recite the 'age doesn't matter' meme...   sigh.
[...], sorry you are not better.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3769 on: October 12, 2021, 01:48:42 pm »
I'm 68, soon to be 69.  I'm closing in on 11 months off ativan.  It was rough, especially at 7 months off.  Now I'm much better.  I still have waves of sx but they are mild.  I feel like my old self.  I know there is more [...] to be done, but feeling as I do now makes all the difficult times worth it.

Don't give up on yourselves [...] because you're in your sixties.  There is plenty of life left in us.  Carpe Diem and don't look back.