Author Topic: 50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery issues for the aged :-)  (Read 184893 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 50 and over club- withdrawal and recovery
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 12:22:01 am »
I'm 54 years old and have an appt tomorrow with a Xanax tapering psych for possible crossover to Valium. If he and I agree with one another on how it's to be carried out then I'[...] be starting the long road asap.

Can I still join if I'm not "in the midst" of it yet? Being older and tapering is a very big concern of mine so it would be wonderful to connect with others my age or close to it anyway.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:23:55 am »
Can I still join if I'm not "in the midst" of it yet? Being older and tapering is a very big concern of mine so it would be wonderful to connect with others my age or close to it anyway. [...]

I think you [...] did! Welcome to our little club, [...] :). Who knows how many will show up if we can remember to come back :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:40:40 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 12:25:20 am »
Count me in too!  Even though I was on benzos a short time, I think withdrawal is a little more difficult for those of us over 50.

How long were you on the benzo [...]?  I was only on for 20 days before my c/t back in 2008.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 12:29:54 am »
I'm 52...so I can join  :thumbsup:. Almost 14 months of and still have some difficulties...

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 12:30:50 am »
Im 53 and have been on xanax 20 years. I guess that makes me an old timer.  :crazy:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 12:32:25 am »
Hi, maybe I qualify :D I am over 60 and yes have been on this poison for over a decade now, geesh times flies, here's hoping we can all prove them wrong and heal [...] as fast as the yougnuns, I am in the middle of my liquid taper, down to almost a quarter of my original does :yippee:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 12:49:58 am »
Im 53 and have been on xanax 20 years. I guess that makes me an old timer.  :crazy:

[...]...don't feel lonely. I've been on it for 29 years. gack!

How is your c/o going?

T

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 01:24:04 am »
I'm 58 so that makes me one of the senior members, right?  :yippee:  :laugh:

Taz

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 01:26:30 am »
I'm 58 so that makes me one of the senior members, right?  :yippee:  :laugh:
Taz

Maybe we can get some group AARP discounts to Disneyworld when everyone is off :laugh:

V

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 01:28:23 am »
[...] World here we come  :yippee: