Announcement: It is with regret... ×

Does this still sound like w/d?

[sc...]

Hello everyone,

I never thought in a million years that month 5 is worse than all the others so far.  I thought I was supposed to be getting better, not worse.  Does any of this sound familiar or should I be headed to the hospital?

-Strange head pains/pin prick sensation on scalp

-Feels like a small brick is balancing on the top of my head

-Small bumps on scalp

-Cold sensation that moves around on scalp

-General feeling of total crap, I mean like I have been beaten up

-Feel like I need to consciously breath

-Extreme fatigue

-Fear of dying from some brain problem at an all time high

After reading over what I just wrote, it doesn't sound that bad......but it is.  I seem to think more than ever that this is never going to end.  Anyone get really, really bad 5 or 6 months out and then get much better?

If it weren't for this board I would probably be in the Looney Bin.

Any advice, encouragement, or similar stories would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scoot

Hi Scoot :hug:

You should always get these things checked first for peace of mind, i experienced stuff not exactly the same as yours but new weird

things, i think its the gabas resetting but what do i know  i am not a doctor, i went to my GP 8 months out convinced my brain was

moving why the hell i went to my unsympathetic doctor i dont know but i got the usual grin and a look to say i am a lunatic  :crazy:

I could hear noises and feel movement in my head along with usual sxs, it settled down after a few weeks, i would get a weeks of

wellness and then feel like i  was back to square one.

How long has it been like that Scoot?

((hugs))

Magrita

Hey Scoot..

I know how disturbing that is.. It was for me to. I was at my absolute worse come month 5 .I didn't have BB yet and didint know anyone in w/d. I read in month 2 on google it can take 6 months to a year to heal from benzo w/d. I held onto that with a death grip. So as time was passing and I became worse I didn't understand. At All. I was like whats going on? I'm getting worse. Time is supposed to heal.Why am I worse as Time goes Bye? SO Upsetting and scary.

You just stay strong and just know. This is a very hard process .But You will heal. You will start to feel better. Time does Heal and even though you feeling worse doesn't mean you are. Truth is you are getting better .Stay as positive as you can These sxs will dissipate and soon you ll feel so much like your self.. It really ENDS, I mean it . Its going to End for you to.

I had all those sxs and they do hurt. I'm so sorry Ur hurting .Stay Strong Scoot and don't let this w/d make you think your not getting better..You ARE..

P.S. I have no more sxs. None.  Im now Healed and all those painful sxs Left.. Hang in there

~Jenny

Jenny,

I have a question. At what point did you stop thinking what you were feeling were not sx's but normal aches and pains. I am 14 months out from a cold turkey of 1.5 of Xanax for 6 months and I am having back, abdominal muscle pains and spasms as well as benzo belly. It is difficult because I also have low testosterone so some of my symptoms could be that.

Thank you!

-CL

Hi Carlover..

Ya know at month 15 I did my success story. I still had those pains and some sxs. But they were so manageable and I felt like if I had to live with them I could.

But as time keep passing those sxs even diminished more. C/T is hard I know.The length of time with all these sxs can leave us wondering ...Could it be something else? You just keep pushing forward and little bye little you ll see your Healing taking place.

The spasms and abdomen pain  were so bad for me to. Used to wake me out of s deep sleep. That left me to. I hope you see progress very soon.14 months is huge healing time behind you.

Your gonna get to full Healing hang in there Carlover..

~Jenny

Thanks Jenny. I guess my real question was did your pains stick around even in month 14. Thank you for reassuring me!

-CL

I guess I am the same. When I first came off the stomach and back muscle cramps and spasms were really bad. They went away. Now they are back and are not nearly as bad, but seem to be lingering. I guess this is the non-linear aspect that people speak about.

-CL

-Feel like I need to consciously breath

-Extreme fatigue

-Fear of dying from some brain problem at an all time high

I feel all 3 of these daily!!

The fatigue is the WORST, it's so hard to make it through the day :( And I also have the fear that something else is really wrong with me that my doctor is missing...like cancer, or a brain tumor, or heart problem. I've had plenty of blood tests and heart tests done when I first was prescribed Klonopin. My doctor pretty much laughed when I told him my fear of a brain tumor.

Sun,

These are normal fears that are part of W/D. They still go through my head from time to time, but as time goes by, it does get better I promise. I do go to a therapist and it has helped! I hope you can find peace, but please know it will get better!

-CL

Scoot and sunkissd-

I am still tapering and have been HIT for the last 2 months with EXTREME fatigue, weakness, a general malaise feeling (feel like crap) and breathing problems. I keep waiting for something to lift!!  It is tough getting through each day feeling this way...

Tina

tina, I can relate to that. it doesn't matter if i get 12 hours of sleep or 2 hours of sleep, I still never feel refreshed :(

Thank you all for replying.  I'm sorry it took me so long to respond......I'm having a Really rough time right now and don't even want to be on the computer. The brick on my head now feels like a 50lb weight, it is at the point of just unbearable. My irrational thoughts have me (right now) 100% convinced there is something terribly wrong with me (more than w/d)

jaso19, Thanks so much for your story and words of encouragement, it means a lot.

scoot

[b1...]

Hey Scoot

You poor thing.  I think you me and the whole benzo withdrawal world think there is something wrong with their brain I sure as hell do.  Its because we feel weird in our brain.  Thats the only way I can explain the feeling is weird because there are no words to describe this is there.  I have so many irrational thoughts to and you know what they are just thoughts there is no truth and its based on fear as I was taught.  F.E.A.R stands for false evidence appearing real.  Im sure thats what it stands for however if it doesnt still looks good doesnt it.  Another one of my favourite quotes is this Just because I think it doesnt make it REAL.

Hopefully you feel a little better.  more I think about it the more i think that FEAR doesnt stand for what I said so not to worry if I find out different ill let you know see im not thinking right im sure I have brain damage.  You know what when i went to hospital to get of the valium when i left the people i met said that when i met them i introduced myself and said this Hi im lizzy I have brain damage haha thats what kind of state I was in so there you go.

Lizzy