One Year Ago

[41...]

[41...]

I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to write about my year anniversary and to be frank, I can't think of anything spectacular to say.  I suppose the most important message I want to express is that kindness to oneself is really more important than anything else you can do. 

Be kind to yourself.

Best,

M

Congratulations Martha, on your one year off mark.

It wasn't long after my one year off, before things really started to change, for the better.

I hope that proves the same for you. :thumbsup:

Mike

I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to write about my year anniversary and to be frank, I can't think of anything spectacular to say.  I suppose the most important message I want to express is that kindness to oneself is really more important than anything else you can do. 

Be kind to yourself.

Best,

M

Hi Martha,

How are you feeling one year out? 

J

[41...]

Hello fellow turkeys!  ;)

All is well here.  I have a couple of side effects from the medication (or quitting the medication as it were) but nothing that is unmanageable. 

I really am glad I decided to quit taking the drug when I did and really don't have any regrets about going cold turkey.  I suppose my initial shock about being in tolerance withdrawal spurred me into my decision and I never really looked back.  Each month brought me more relief and I hope that in the months to come the last bit of my symptoms will be erased as well.

Nothing could have prepared me for the joy and beauty that I witness now.  I am clear in thought and calm in spirit.  I had no idea how dulled down that medication had made me and I didn't know what life I was missing but I sure as hell do now.  "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

Peace be with you all on this journey.  There is an end.

Love and light,

M

ps-- If you are curious as to what I am physically dealing with at this stage; I have transient paresthesia in my left foot and hand and tinnitus.