• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for sharing this and congrats on your healing and drug free life!!  I am almost 8 months off and still completely debilitated.  Your story gives me hope that I might see improvements any day now.  :)

Oh Hope4444, I really hope you see improvements soon too.  What I do know is that withdrawal doesn't last forever even though it may seem like it while you are suffering.  All my best for a happy and soon recovery!

Oh Boy Cedar Tree!! Thanks sooooo much!

You have been a life saver for me today, & I know for many others.

Your story & wise words are unbelievable helpfull & inspiring .

I have printed them out, so know you will be making a difference every day

for this ole gal in the mountains -waiting for spring to come,

Trying to hang on,

margaretisabel

So happy it helps you Margaretisabel.  All you can do is keep hanging on and take good care of yourself.  I hope you have a happy and full recovery!

Cedartree - I just want to say thank you for coming back and posting your success.  My husband is 6mos off and still having head and chest pain.  I know he is frustrated so it is important to see these success stories as validation that there is light at the end.  I think his focus is so narrow right now it is hard to see the big picture.

I hope the rest of your life is blessed drug-free!! Congrats on your journey.

4lovofpat, thanks for the kind words today!  You probably do this, but try to encourage your husband about how far he has come already. 6 months off is a great start!!!  I was not feeling great at 6 months off, but I did notice a lot of improvements. He will continue to get better I promise.  He is so blessed to have you to look after him during this horrible struggle.

Congrats on helping your husband get free!

Cedartree,

Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you. I appreciate your taking the time to encourage other BB's that withdrawl has at times stripped our faith. I beleive that my life will be good once I'm done with this, but I'm onlyh 6 mos in and bracing for what might be the hardest part then the post journey. I know that I have no other choice but to complete this.

Knowing that the quality of life as a result or "prize" ,if you will, of going through this is a better understanding and appreciation for life on the other side makes the "have to" of this journey a little lighter.

If you don't mind, I have faved your post and plan to share it with the downtrodden as I find them on this forum. Your post is a like a life raft in a sea of confusion for me today, and I'm sure for everyone else that read it.

I'm finding music cathartic for me today, this is what I'm listening to now, perhaps you might enjoy its peaceful feeling as well.

Anti Stress music

Thank you and Namaste

Sarah :smitten:

Sarah Norris, what beautiful words. Thank you for this. It's my deepest desire that others who suffered like I did will hear that they can make it out of this darkness and live healthier lives than they ever did before. When I was suffering, reading success stories really helped me more than anything else.  I felt that if they could survive, I could too.  And I DID!  Positive attitude is more than half the battle.  Loved the relaxing music too, it's really nice.

Cedartree...Did you get many windows at at the 6 month point?

6 months off was rough. I had great days where I thought I was thru it and I had rotten days that really discouraged me.  It was a wild roller coaster ride at that point.  But, the good days really helped me to press on and during that time I made every effort to improve my health. I cooked and ate better, exercised, forced myself to get out when I didn't feel like it and pumped myself up to keep on going.

Healing is possible.  Focus on speaking positively about your life and getting well, also focus on your health rather than stressing and worrying about every little symptom. Eventually they will all go away with time. Even sleep will come back! Your body will remember. What I learned is that when this is over you’ll be much stronger and you’ll appreciate life like never before.

Your post is an amazing and wonderful story.  Thank you so very much for writing it for all of us still suffering. 

I really like the part I quoted above.  I really need to reshift my focus back to knowing that I will eventually get well.  I was able to do that for the first couple of months and at times during the past few; but have actually become hopeless during this past week as I've been in a horrific wave that is unrelenting and has eroded away my resolve and hope. 

If I could only know some how what my "eventually" is.  weeks?  months?  year?  Yikes.  This is such an unbelievable hell.  I want my life back so badly.  I want to experience life again.  Your post gives renewed hope.  Thank you.

Hi Annie.  I know that no one can say for certain what your "eventually" will be, but the bottom line is that you will heal. For many it takes months or years.  When you get discouraged try to focus on something good and positive.  Baby yourself a lot.  Before you know it you'll be writing a success story too and sharing your experience with others to encourage them in their journey.

You're awesome Annie, keep going!

Cedar

Sarah, I loved the Anti-Stress music.  Always looking for something VERY peaceful for my I-Pod when the time comes that I will need it!

Hi Cedar,

Thank you for posting your experience here.  It is comforting to know that at some level we will heal and feel like our 'old' selves again.

I liked where you wrote that the brain knows how to heal and how to sleep.  That's something I lose sight of often.

Enjoy your new-found life!

Ellen

6 months off was rough. I had great days where I thought I was thru it and I had rotten days that really discouraged me.  It was a wild roller coaster ride at that point.  But, the good days really helped me to press on and during that time I made every effort to improve my health. I cooked and ate better, exercised, forced myself to get out when I didn't feel like it and pumped myself up to keep on going.

Hi again Cedar, and I'm sorry to keep pestering you about this. I was going to PM you but I see that system has been disabled. The reason I keep asking this is that tomorrow I hit 6 months and I'm starting to see a few changes. Some good and some bad. I have had a few really good days in month 5 but many more bad days. I know this is normal and it was what I had expected.

What I didn't expect was that as some small things are starting to show signs of improvement I'm starting to get some new symptoms and  a couple seem very nasty. I had wondered to myself if this might not just be my nervous system starting to wake up. I can say that the last few windows that I've had have been better than any before but by the same token I'm getting a little longer waves in between them.

Can you relate to me (if you can remember back to then) what the progress was in months 5-7 and did you also see both good and bad changes?

I really appreciate everything you've related so far and am once again sorry to keep badgering you on this.

Bill

Hi again Cedar, and I'm sorry to keep pestering you about this. I was going to PM you but I see that system has been disabled. The reason I keep asking this is that tomorrow I hit 6 months and I'm starting to see a few changes. Some good and some bad. I have had a few really good days in month 5 but many more bad days. I know this is normal and it was what I had expected.

What I didn't expect was that as some small things are starting to show signs of improvement I'm starting to get some new symptoms and  a couple seem very nasty. I had wondered to myself if this might not just be my nervous system starting to wake up. I can say that the last few windows that I've had have been better than any before but by the same token I'm getting a little longer waves in between them.

Can you relate to me (if you can remember back to then) what the progress was in months 5-7 and did you also see both good and bad changes?

I really appreciate everything you've related so far and am once again sorry to keep badgering you on this.

Bill

Hey Bill --- I was going to PM you today...  How are you?  How was your dr appt? 

Thanks, Ellen, Bill and Offandrunning.

Bill, I actually do remember having good and bad changes too.  I kept a journal about the experience.  I did notice mostly good changes, but there were things like sleep that seemed at times to be worse off and on. The dizziness was getting better.  It was a lot like being on a roller coaster. Uphill, downhill, around and around, wild ride.  I'm not sure what your nasty symptoms are, but hopefully the symptoms are ones that others have experienced in withdrawal too. It can never hurt to get a check up with the doctor if it gets serious.  It really sounds like you're doing pretty well and I really hope things just keep looking up for you soon!

Cedar

Thanks Cedar...

Hope, it didn't go that well. She was very distracted that day and I was only able to get her to answer a couple of questions for me.

Bill

Hope, it didn't go that well. She was very distracted that day and I was only able to get her to answer a couple of questions for me.

Bill

Sorry to hear that.    I see you've finished 6 months!!!  Congratulations.  Hopefully month 7 will be your turning point.  Heal Bill!!!!  Be Well!!!! 

You too Hope. Have things started to improve for you yet? It's too bad about the PM feature, but you could email me if you're comfortable with that.

Bill

Thanks very much Cedar...I feel much better today. I guess the gods have decided to give me an anniversary present, and let me tell you, they really know how to pick a gift.

Bill

You too Hope. Have things started to improve for you yet? It's too bad about the PM feature, but you could email me if you're comfortable with that.

Bill

Hi Bill,  I am doing a tiny bit better the past few days.  I've scored myself 5s and yesterday a 6 --- am hoping soon to be back to 7, 8  and maybe hopefully a 9 too! 

Thanks for the offer to email - probably not a good idea; best to stay on the boards.  I'm going to start a blog so we can chat there.  I'm hoping to hear from Milan too.  I was going to PM him on Monday also -- He is also a week ahead of me and is getting married this month.  I hope he is well.