You will heal too!

[ce...]

I am a silly crying mess after reading your post.  With all the horror stories, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo helpful to read an encouraging tale.

Good for you - and good for you for sticking around to encourage others.  It's easy to look for support when one is suffering, but to stick around even when things are good to encourage others...truly impressive.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ce...]

• [...]

• [Sk...]

• [tu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Veronica...thanks for the nice words today!  I know you'll get through this.  One day at a time. 

Hugs,

Cedar  :)

Cedar,

I have read your success story a dozen of times....thank you for posting and returning to support those of us still healing. I had a couple of 50 % me days and now back to full withdrawal. It is so hard to return to being grossly symptomatic. Knowing you and others made it through gives me the strength.

With gratitude,

Carita

Cedartree,

Thank you for your posted taper schedule. I used it, in conjunction with the Ashton schedule to succesfully taper off Ativan. It maybe too early to say this with confidence (as I am only 5 days off), but I think I may have landed safely as my sxs have been mild over the past 24 hr. Thanks again! :)

• 4 months later...

Thanks for posting your wonderful success story.  I needed it today.

Congratulations on your new life!

• 1 month later...

It's been over 4 years now and I can say with 100% certainty that I am fully healed and have been for a long time.

Happy 4th everybody!  :smitten:

Cedartree,

Thank you for sharing your story.

Want to ask was your healing progressive. I am 3 weeks out and seeing slow improvement.

When did your agoraphobia go away. It's the thing I really struggle with. My mind is ready to go and take on the world but my body is just not there yet.

My husband is getting understandably annoyed as we haven't been out since 7 weeks before the end of my about 3 months now. I just cant handle the noise and vision (perception issues) when Im out. I have the same that I need to hold onto things and people although I must say it is lifting.

I am really excited about having my life back. It been a long road and I am very excited to live life to the fullest.

I pray a lot and have started confessing healing scriptures several times a day and I can feel the difference its making.

Congratulations on your recovery. I will be there with u soon!!!

"This too shall pass"

Hi Cedartree,

Many thanks for putting your detailed taper schedule for all of us to see. When I landed here I had no idea how to proceed, and you gave me hope I could do a direct taper from Ativan.

Eventually, instead of compounding the doses I switched to a scale, it was very smooth sailing in spite of the naysayers who said it couldn't be done with Ativan.

Many thanks for coming back with the message of hope and a full life for us :smitten: Congratulations on your healing,

Saga

• 10 months later...

Hello Everyone! I am still healed. Doing so well, and I never think about benzo's or the damage it did anymore. Those terrible years of suffering are over.

I want to encourage you to please keep going, don't give up. There is life after this.

Much love,

Cedar

Cedar tree!!

I'm glad to see your post.

You were one of the first people to respond when I came here so long ago ( feels like it anyway) and have been patiently explaining the compound ways to me.

I didn't understand anything at the time.

Jus wanted to say hello and I'm so so,happy you're doing so well.

Thank you!

Moo ( then  Mom of One)

Ps. I'm almost there, too. Having used compound liquid to the end!

:smitten:

Moodle!  That is awesome that you used the liquid. So glad you are almost home free!  I love hearing that.

There will come a day when you don't think about this at all anymore.  Life goes on and you'll be able to leave all of this in the past.  Well done for sticking with your taper and beating this!!!

Hello Everyone! I am still healed. Doing so well, and I never think about benzo's or the damage it did anymore. Those terrible years of suffering are over.

I want to encourage you to please keep going, don't give up. There is life after this.

Much love,

Cedar

Thank you so much for coming back here to encourage others!! I needed to read this  :smitten: I'm so happy for you!!

Cedar....I am so glad to see your update. Yours is one of my favorite success stories....I have read it dozens of times. Knowing you are healthy and whole is reassuring. Happy for you!  Thank you!

Warmly,

Carita

Hi Cedar - many, many buddies need to read your words! Thank you for taking the time to come back every once in a while to share the good news.

M.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Angelprint, Carita, mplsgirl, and Hopeful-One!  I hope you're all doing well today. 

It's nice to stop by and say hello and see how everyone is doing.  I know there are a lot of people going through the exact same hell I went through several years ago and I always want to say that this nightmare you're in is temporary.  When you get off benzo's, you will heal.  Bodies are amazing.  I am whole now.

Love you all, stay strong, never stop tapering!

Cedar  :smitten:

• 3 months later...

Hello Buddies!

I posted this success story 3 years ago.  Wow!  It's been about 5 years now that I've been benzo free!

I never think about benzo's or withdrawal anymore.  It used to consume every moment of my life for years. (20 year benzo use)  Recently someone reached out to me in a private message asking for help with their Ativan taper plan.  I've posted about it on the Ativan taper thread.  Thinking back and remembering this whole terrible journey only makes me feel more gratitude for my health.  So many years suffering at the hands of unnecessary prescription medications.  There are so many better ways to deal with stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression than benzo's and psych drugs.  ***Doctors, I hope you're listening.

If I could reach just one person today with my message that "you will heal too", then what I suffered and went through was not for nothing.  If I could give one person who is feeling desperate and alone today HOPE, then it was worth it.  Hope is what everyone here needs. 

I always tell people who are feeling depressed because of benzo's to read the success stories.  The success stories are what kept me going.  Without hope, I'm not sure I would have been able to follow through with my taper to get free.  The day I took my last pill was one of the happiest days of my life because I knew I beat it!  I could not let some little pill rob my of my life anymore.  Don't let it rob you of your life.

Get mad, fight this and win!  I wish the best for all of you and pray you'll have benzo freedom soon.  Health is everything.  Your health is worth fighting for.  Beat this, win!

Love,

Cedar

Thank you so much for coming back, Cedar!  Your story is so powerful because you recovered fairly quickly, and you're still feeling that well! This journey is worth the fight indeed! :smitten: Can't wait to hear your update next year - ;) Aft

Thank you so much for coming back, Cedar!  Your story is so powerful because you recovered fairly quickly, and you're still feeling that well! This journey is worth the fight indeed! :smitten: Can't wait to hear your update next year - ;) Aft

:thumbsup: 

Cedar

Great post!

You recovered in 10 months! WOW!

I'm 11 and still going...

Please send healing vibes this way!

11 months off is great!  Congrats on benzo freedom.  You're healing even if you don't feel it.  :thumbsup:

Wishing you well,

Cedar 

Wow JACD, just thinking you're almost a year off benzo's.  I know that healing can take such a long time, but try to remember how far you've come and just think, in another year how much better you'll be than you are today.  Every single day you're away from it the closer you are to total healing. 

:thumbsup:

Wow your history is so powerful . I have almost the same symptoms that you had plus a choking feeling in my  throat, I´m 1 month benzo free and almost 4 months Seroquel and Lamictal free (all because Dr. said I´m bipolar , and I never was). Sometimes pain comes and goes, is that normal?

Sometimes I feel like I´m good again , then the symptoms hit me again. At first I have insomnia, now I can sleep.

But enought about me , your history  is great, and give many many  hope. Thak you so much for still posting. :smitten: