Author Topic: You will heal too!  (Read 108415 times)

[Buddie]

Re: You will heal too!
« Reply #860 on: March 02, 2016, 06:28:46 pm »
[...],

I cannot thank you enough for this. Many of your symptoms I've experienced/am experiencing as well. I want to thank you for providing [...] on a night that my positive outlook was dim. You've restored it. It seems that a lot of my symptoms have improved so greatly, that I feel like I'm well on my way. I [...] battle tinnitus, derealization to a degree that creeps up once in a while, twitching of my legs, sensory issues and cognitive issues. But, your story is great. I hang onto faith and prayer to continue to get me through. I look forward to the day I will have my life back, as I was blessed far too much to live like this. Thanks again, congratulations and God bless you!
Hello [...]!  You're so positive and it sounds like you're well on your way to being whole and happy again. 

Whenever you get feeling hopeless print some of these success stories and read them over and over.  Believing that you're going to heal is more than half the battle.

When you're well be sure to write a success story and share it with others.   :smitten:

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #861 on: March 02, 2016, 06:30:00 pm »
I read your success once again. [...] giving [...] for me.  Thank you.  Best wishes for you.  I am 11 months benzo free, healing, and needing encouragement.  :-*

Hello Arkansas.

Congrats on 11 months free!!!  That is awesome!  I [...] you're doing much better and noticing improvements.   :thumbsup:

Hugs,
[...] 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #862 on: March 02, 2016, 06:41:23 pm »
Hello Buddies!

It's easy to get away from the forum for long periods of time.  When you're healed you forget about the nightmare that once consumed your life.  It's a good thing to forget, but I don't want to leave you all behind either.

I know you're either [...] beginning your tapering journey, in the middle of your own personal hell, finishing your taper, or have been off of benzo's for some time and [...] not feeling "normal" yet.  Trust me, it takes time.  It varies from person to person and there's no way to know [...] how long it will take until it's over.

I feel blessed to have my life back and to be free from the drugs that hurt me for so long.  People often ask me, "was it worth it?", meaning was it worth it to go through a long difficult taper and then withdrawal after the taper?  YES!  It was well worth it.  I am clear headed for the first time in years.  I see the world through new eyes.  Each day is a gift.  Benzo's have a way of robbing you of your senses.  They rob you of your health, your sanity and your life (for awhile).  But you don't have to let it win. You can beat it.  How do you do this?

One miserable, lousy day at a time.  First you make a taper plan.  Then you follow it to the letter until you are off of it.  And then you rest and trust that your body will work it out. Your body will heal from this.  You're not going to believe it right now, but trust me.  It heals.

I wish you all the best and look forward to reading all of your success stories some day. Let me know when you post it!

Sending love,
[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #863 on: March 06, 2016, 03:33:28 am »
Hello Buddies!

It's easy to get away from the forum for long periods of time.  When you're healed you forget about the nightmare that once consumed your life.  It's a good thing to forget, but I don't want to leave you all behind either.

I know you're either [...] beginning your tapering journey, in the middle of your own personal hell, finishing your taper, or have been off of benzo's for some time and [...] not feeling "normal" yet.  Trust me, it takes time.  It varies from person to person and there's no way to know [...] how long it will take until it's over.

I feel blessed to have my life back and to be free from the drugs that hurt me for so long.  People often ask me, "was it worth it?", meaning was it worth it to go through a long difficult taper and then withdrawal after the taper?  YES!  It was well worth it.  I am clear headed for the first time in years.  I see the world through new eyes.  Each day is a gift.  Benzo's have a way of robbing you of your senses.  They rob you of your health, your sanity and your life (for awhile).  But you don't have to let it win. You can beat it.  How do you do this?

One miserable, lousy day at a time.  First you make a taper plan.  Then you follow it to the letter until you are off of it.  And then you rest and trust that your body will work it out. Your body will heal from this.  You're not going to believe it right now, but trust me.  It heals.

I wish you all the best and look forward to reading all of your success stories some day. Let me know when you post it!

Sending love,
[...]  :smitten:

Thank you so much for coming back to post is [...], it's so supportive and [...]. If I ever heal and write a success story I will definitely let you know. Until then I'll be re-reading success stories like yours again and again through this seemingly neverending time. Thank you so much 💗

[Buddie]

« Reply #864 on: April 08, 2016, 01:51:45 pm »
Thx [...]....your posts have always been helpful and I am back again for a second time around....see below.

This time is 10x worse...is that typical?

Have found I cant taper as quickly this time....so increasing back up to .25mg as .125mg is destroying me.....ugh.   The mouth probs are back, bitter taste24/7, insomnia, joint pain, hair loss, anxiety, dizziness, irritable, cognitive probs, gut probs, headaches and worse tinnitus.

I am sooo scared that I have ruined my life and even though I was off of the kloni for 18 mnths....my nerves were a mess and easily irritated with the nebulizer treatment.

Right now I have chills, feel like vomiting and cant get out of bed......any thoughts?

BB.

[Buddie]

« Reply #865 on: April 09, 2016, 03:04:50 am »
Your success story was wonderful. Thank you  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #866 on: April 20, 2016, 08:41:33 pm »
I have decided to start paying more attention to the success stories and less attention to the dreadful stories of WD. I am currently [...] on 3 meds and am tapering them one at a time. These stories give me so much [...] that I will be able to succeed as well.

[Buddie]

« Reply #867 on: April 21, 2016, 12:52:44 am »
[...], at what rate did you taper with your compounded meds?

[Buddie]

« Reply #868 on: August 19, 2016, 12:44:02 pm »
So so please for you you are so brave l know how hard it is lam 5 1/2 months off and [...] finding it difficult and l was'nt on a high dose like some people all the physical symptoms have gone but the depression has revved up but l  am trying to ignore it the fear is bad l have to try hard not to think  l am a depressive and tell myself it's [...] the benzo talking ... [...] l can be as brave as you and thankyou for sharing your story

[Buddie]

« Reply #869 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:08 pm »
Hi [...]

[...] read your success story. Congrtaulations!!! So happy for you because I am right there with you. I was on benzos for 13 months included a 3 month taper. I [...] turned the corner about 3 weeks ago. I am 6 1/2 months out and feeling fantastic. I'm back and stronger than ever. Soon I will write my success story. Best wishes!!!

[...]    :thumbsup: