Author Topic: You will heal too!  (Read 108424 times)

[Buddie]

Re: You will heal too!
« Reply #850 on: October 30, 2015, 06:31:54 pm »
Hello Buddies!

I posted this success story 3 years ago.  Wow!  It's been about 5 years now that I've been benzo free!

I never think about benzo's or withdrawal anymore.  It used to consume every moment of my life for years. (20 year benzo use)  Recently someone reached out to me in a private message asking for help with their Ativan taper plan.  I've posted about it on the Ativan taper thread.  Thinking back and remembering this whole terrible journey only makes me feel more gratitude for my health.  So many years suffering at the hands of unnecessary prescription medications.  There are so many better ways to deal with stress, anxiety, insomnia and depression than benzo's and psych drugs.  ***Doctors, I [...] you're listening.

If I could reach [...] one person today with my message that "you will heal too", then what I suffered and went through was not for nothing.  If I could give one person who is feeling desperate and alone today [...], then it was worth it.  [...] is what everyone here needs. 

I always tell people who are feeling depressed because of benzo's to read the success stories.  The success stories are what kept me going.  Without [...], I'm not sure I would have been able to follow through with my taper to get free.  The day I took my last pill was one of the happiest days of my life because I knew I beat it!  I could not let some little pill rob my of my life anymore.  Don't let it rob you of your life.

Get mad, fight this and win!  I wish the best for all of you and pray you'll have benzo freedom soon.  Health is everything.  Your health is worth fighting for.  Beat this, win!

Love,
[...]

Good health is truly worth more than any sum of money. You understand so well! 14 months into withdrawal out from my last Ativan dose. So lost and hopeless, no windows for months. Thank you so much for coming back to lend [...] to the hopeless. 💗
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2016, 03:36:33 am »
Hello [...], [...] you are sleeping better now!  Symptoms do come and go a lot after your last dose. Thanks for the awesome post!  Take care.

[...], if you're [...] here, how are you doing now?  [...] you're beginning to heal. It can take a few years to fully heal from this, stay strong! 

Sending love,
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #852 on: January 26, 2016, 08:28:10 pm »
Hi [...], I'm now almost 17 months out and [...] suffer badly. I am realizing 17 months is a short time for some in the realm of withdrawal. I am praying it's not for the rest of my life. If someone could look into a crystal ball and tell me it will only take a year or two more it would be so much easier. I'm [...] hanging on here. Thank you so much for your response. I think I need to reread success stories like yours. 💗

[Buddie]

« Reply #853 on: February 06, 2016, 01:48:21 pm »
Hi [...], so good to hear from you!

I'm [...] going to say it, the suffering is not for the rest of your life.  This is temporary.  It does take some people a few years to fully recover, but you should be noticing improvements along the way.  I know I did.  It is a long process, but one day you're [...] going to be well, going about your life and you'll never think about withdrawal anymore.  I remember this used to consume me and terrify me too.  But I honestly never think about it anymore unless I get a message from someone from this forum.  Then I go "oh yeah"  I remember how scared I used to be and it's over now!

Focus on your recovery and what you can do to heal and it will change the whole process for you.  Tell yourself this is temorary, say it out loud, eventually you'll believe it. 

Sending love,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #854 on: February 12, 2016, 07:31:51 pm »
[...], your reply made me tear up. I am having such a horrific journey and I cannot wait to be in the place you describe, looking back on it all and saying "oh yeah I remember..." I [...] and pray that you're right and it's not a life sentence in this hell. Thank you so much, I will try and tell myself it's not permanent out loud even if I can't believe it right now. 💗

[Buddie]

« Reply #855 on: February 19, 2016, 09:12:52 am »
[...],
I wish I could see more post here including you. This sure encouraging me. I [...] start my "after jump" phase, and hoping to get better as well. Thank you for posting, hopefully you will always healthy. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #856 on: February 26, 2016, 06:04:37 am »
[...],

I cannot thank you enough for this. Many of your symptoms I've experienced/am experiencing as well. I want to thank you for providing [...] on a night that my positive outlook was dim. You've restored it. It seems that a lot of my symptoms have improved so greatly, that I feel like I'm well on my way. I [...] battle tinnitus, derealization to a degree that creeps up once in a while, twitching of my legs, sensory issues and cognitive issues. But, your story is great. I hang onto faith and prayer to continue to get me through. I look forward to the day I will have my life back, as I was blessed far too much to live like this. Thanks again, congratulations and God bless you!

[Buddie]

« Reply #857 on: February 26, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »
I read your success once again. [...] giving [...] for me.  Thank you.  Best wishes for you.  I am 11 months benzo free, healing, and needing encouragement.  :-*

[Buddie]

« Reply #858 on: March 02, 2016, 04:27:11 pm »
[...], your reply made me tear up. I am having such a horrific journey and I cannot wait to be in the place you describe, looking back on it all and saying "oh yeah I remember..." I [...] and pray that you're right and it's not a life sentence in this hell. Thank you so much, I will try and tell myself it's not permanent out loud even if I can't believe it right now.
Hey there [...]!  I'm sorry to hear you're [...] suffering so much. This is not a life sentence, please believe me.  Read more success stories.  They'll tell you the same thing.  Focus on all those people who were exactly where you are and trust them.  There is something so powerful about saying positive things to yourself out loud.

In the meantime, distracting yourself from the pain is really important.  Find things you like to focus on.  Read books, watch movies, find a fun and relaxing hobby, talk to a friend on the phone, go for a walk, anything.

I know one day you're going to write your own success story and I cannot wait to read it!!!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #859 on: March 02, 2016, 04:28:00 pm »
[...],
I wish I could see more post here including you. This sure encouraging me. I [...] start my "after jump" phase, and hoping to get better as well. Thank you for posting, hopefully you will always healthy. :)
Yes, lets all be healthy!  Congrats on being free!   :smitten: