Author Topic: You will heal too!  (Read 108423 times)

[Buddie]

Re: You will heal too!
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 06:51:18 pm »
[...] - I [...] want to say thank you for coming back and posting your success.  My husband is 6mos off and [...] having head and chest pain.  I know he is frustrated so it is important to see these success stories as validation that there is light at the end.  I think his focus is so narrow right now it is hard to see the big picture.

I [...] the rest of your life is blessed drug-free!! Congrats on your journey.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »
[...], thanks for the kind words today!   You probably do this, but try to encourage your husband about how far he has come already. 6 months off is a great start!!!  I was not feeling great at 6 months off, but I did notice a lot of improvements. He will continue to get better I promise.  He is so blessed to have you to look after him during this horrible struggle.

Congrats on helping your husband get free!

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 10:04:20 pm »
[...],

Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you. I appreciate your taking the time to encourage other BB's that withdrawl has at times stripped our faith. I beleive that my life will be good once I'm done with this, but I'm onlyh 6 mos in and bracing for what might be the hardest part then the post journey. I know that I have no other choice but to complete this.

Knowing that the quality of life as a result or "prize" ,if you will, of going through this is a better understanding and appreciation for life on the other side makes the "have to" of this journey a little lighter.

If you don't mind, I have faved your post and plan to share it with the downtrodden as I find them on this forum. Your post is a like a life raft in a sea of confusion for me today, and I'm sure for everyone else that read it.

I'm finding music cathartic for me today, this is what I'm listening to now, perhaps you might enjoy its peaceful feeling as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgjyculg1O8&feature=related
Anti Stress music

Thank you and Namaste
[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 10:10:47 pm »
[...]...Did you get many windows at at the 6 month point?

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 02:47:48 am »
[...], what beautiful words. Thank you for this. It's my deepest desire that others who suffered like I did will hear that they can make it out of this darkness and live healthier lives than they ever did before. When I was suffering, reading success stories really helped me more than anything else.  I felt that if they could survive, I could too.  And I DID!  Positive attitude is more than half the battle.  Loved the relaxing music too, it's really nice.

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 02:53:32 am »
[...]...Did you get many windows at at the 6 month point?
6 months off was rough. I had great days where I thought I was thru it and I had rotten days that really discouraged me.  It was a wild roller coaster ride at that point.  But, the good days really helped me to press on and during that time I made every effort to improve my health. I cooked and ate better, exercised, forced myself to get out when I didn't feel like it and pumped myself up to keep on going.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 03:44:10 pm »
Healing is possible.  Focus on speaking positively about your life and getting well, also focus on your health rather than stressing and worrying about every little symptom. Eventually they will all go away with time. Even sleep will come back! Your body will remember. What I learned is that when this is over you’ll be much stronger and you’ll appreciate life like never before.

Your post is an amazing and wonderful story.  Thank you so very much for writing it for all of us [...] suffering.   

I really like the part I quoted above.  I really need to reshift my focus back to knowing that I will eventually get well.  I was able to do that for the first couple of months and at times during the past few; but have actually become hopeless during this past week as I've been in a horrific wave that is unrelenting and has eroded away my resolve and [...]. 

If I could only know some how what my "eventually" is.  weeks?  months?  year?  Yikes.  This is such an unbelievable hell.  I want my life back so badly.  I want to experience life again.  Your post gives renewed [...].  Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2012, 05:50:24 pm »
Hi [...].  I know that no one can say for certain what your "eventually" will be, but the bottom line is that you will heal. For many it takes months or years.  When you get discouraged try to focus on something good and positive.  [...] yourself a lot.  Before you know it you'll be writing a success story too and sharing your experience with others to encourage them in their journey.

You're awesome [...], keep going!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2012, 09:25:36 pm »
[...], I loved the Anti-Stress music.  Always looking for something VERY peaceful for my I-Pod when the time comes that I will need it!

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2012, 11:12:01 pm »
Hi [...],

Thank you for posting your experience here.  It is comforting to know that at some level we will heal and feel like our 'old' selves again.

I liked where you wrote that the brain knows how to heal and how to sleep.  That's something I lose sight of often.

Enjoy your new-found life!

[...]