Tart Cherry (Juice) not extract??

[Ca...]

I have been following the thread called melatonin and read about tart cherry exract there.

I called the health food store by my house and they have only tart cherry juice. They also say for gout.

Does anyone know if this is equivalent to the pills?

I want to walk over and buy it but not if it isn't useful.

Where has everybody been getting the tart cherry extract pills? Regular pharmacy? health food stores?

Thanks for any info.

Carol (geddeca)

I tried the juice for two nights and it seemed to help. i didn't use it last night because my stomach wasn't in good shape. I drank about 4 oz. an hour before I wanted to go to sleep. I hope it works for you.

Thanks Spunky,

I bought some but it is still sittting here, $27.00 for 16 oz. They sell it for gout and it says with natural melatonin. But how much melatonin. I get bad dreams and foggy the next day from melatonin. Somehow I thought maybe it had other natural sleep ingredients.

Think tht I'll return it.

Carol

i get my tart cherry concentrate from swanson vitamins and have always been pleased with it. It really makes me sleepy without any side effects or revved sx.

Hollms

Thanks for replying.  Is it as expensive as I had to pay in canada?

27 dollars for  Oh crap I dont remember how many oz. I returned it. I think it was 12 servings.

Tks

Carol

• 2 weeks later...
Should we be using this for sleep dep?  Some people say supplementing with anything is nit good for our Gaba Receptors improvement....just curious cuz i dont know wut sleep is anymore or the real world.....my days are mush.

Carol, the tart cherry concentrate at swanson's is $9.99 for 16 oz.

Benzobetty, I don't think this is bad since it does not act on gaba receptors. That's the biggest thing you have to watch out for

Holly tks.  I'll look on be internet for swansons. Probably can't get it here in Canada. Typical tha everything here is 3 times the price.

Betty:

I see you jumped.

We're here for you if you are at all up to coming on BB

Hugs

Carol

Hey All....i have heard that Swanson has great products and customer service is also good. 

I think i just might try it....right now i am relying on benedryl but dont want to do it every night.