Matt Samet's Video- Very inspiring

[re...]

• 1 month later...

Hi friends

Not sure what prompted me to check in today to see how everyone is doing.  When I was in the depths of my recovery I couldn't understand how people could disappear and not take the time to post their success stories.  I get it now. Recovery means (thankfully! ) not thinking about benzos every moment.  It means thinking about lovely things, like spending time with your new grandbaby or watching a sunset on the beach.  And thinking about all of the precious mundane things like paying bills or cooking dinner.

I am certain that I was as ill as any here. I worried about my sanity and doubted I could ever come out on the other side.  Benzo warriors like Baylissa and Matt Samet (and buddies on this board like Pamster) helped me immeasurably- their stories of suffering and eventual recovery were buoys I clung to when I was scared.

Life is so full of amazing, wonderful moments now. I walk in gratitude every day.  I promise that everyone recovers.  We really do.

You are stronger than you know-  and as Baylissa says:  "Life after benzo withdrawal is a piece of cake ! "

Much love,

Rebecca

Hi friends

Not sure what prompted me to check in today to see how everyone is doing.  When I was in the depths of my recovery I couldn't understand how people could disappear and not take the time to post their success stories.  I get it now. Recovery means (thankfully! ) not thinking about benzos every moment.  It means thinking about lovely things, like spending time with your new grandbaby or watching a sunset on the beach.  And thinking about all of the precious mundane things like paying bills or cooking dinner.

I am certain that I was as ill as any here. I worried about my sanity and doubted I could ever come out on the other side.  Benzo warriors like Baylissa and Matt Samet (and buddies on this board like Pamster) helped me immeasurably- their stories of suffering and eventual recovery were buoys I clung to when I was scared.

Life is so full of amazing, wonderful moments now. I walk in gratitude every day.  I promise that everyone recovers.  We really do.

You are stronger than you know-  and as Baylissa says:  "Life after benzo withdrawal is a piece of cake ! "

Much love,

Rebecca

Rebecca, thank you for coming back an posting this update, it really means a lot!

Like you, Matt and Baylissa has had the most impact on me being able to cope during withdrawal. I will forever be grateful to them and to those, like you who come back to post your success stories. -R.

Hi friends

Much love,

Rebecca

This is beautiful Rebecca

Thank you from all of us for coming back and saying we all recover eventually!!

At 21 months off it does not feel like it will ever get any better but you saying 2 years off 100% healed gives more hope..

Can you post a link to your success story or I'm guessing you may not have wrote one?

If not, maybe someday you will and then it will help shine a light for the rest of us poor souls still trapped in this dark invisible hell ???

Bless You

Woofs

JC90, i hope the links given by Woofs and Galieas post will give you confidence

that you will recocer , i hope so.

dear woofs, i am sure this guy Henke is doing fine now, he must be very young as well.

cheers, take care woofs, we will make it. :)

Thank you Morreweg

I'm not sure why I never seen your mention to me until now but cheers me gal..

At 21 months off it sure feels like we are trapped this way forever but again thank you for saying we will make it, wish it would hurry up as life is passing us by..

Bless You

Woofs

dear woofs, i am sure this guy Henke is doing fine now, he must be very young as well.

Thank you Morreweg

At 21 months off it sure feels like we are trapped this way forever but again thank you for saying we will make it, wish it would hurry up as life is passing us by..

Bless You

Woofs

No problem woofs, looks like i shall be here for another 100 years, :laugh:

only joking woofs, don't worry, we will make it as well.

we are just a bit slow, but we'll catch up with them, we must, take care woofs. :hug:

Thank you rebecca for taking your time and coming back,

we need the assurance, bless ya. :)

Thank you Morreweg

Bless You

Woofs

No problem woofs, looks like i shall be here for another 100 years, :laugh:

only joking woofs, don't worry, we will make it as well.

we are just a bit slow, but we'll catch up with them, we must, take care woofs. :hug:

Thank you rebecca for taking your time and coming back,

we need the assurance, bless ya. :)

Too slow Morreweg

You think Satan would be fed up with us by now!! I hope he issues our release papers soon as we have lost enough of our lives to this invisible madness..

Hope we get lucky soon!

Be Well

Woofs