Hives???? Lumps on palms of hands????

I am getting hives again... all over my body, but especially itchy on back of neck and scalp. Also, I have these lumps in my palms (same place each hand) and they itch deep inside!  anyone else have trouble with this?  I stay calm by just telling myself it is one of the bizzare symptoms, but curious if anyone else has had one of these problems, and how they dealt with it. Thank you!

[87...]

hey Gordon

I do get them but not often i think its a stress reaction from what i have heard.  Hopefully others will chip in and help you out.

Lizzy

I have been getting some itchiness and swelling around the palm and fingers along with some finger numbness. I don't have hives or obvious bumps, just areas that itch. It almost feels like a histamine reaction or neuropathic itch rather than a burning sensation one would typically one would get with neuropathy. It must be nerve related, that would be my guess and of course withdrawal induced.

yes, that's what I think...  a neural thing, and withdrawal -related..

last night I took an antihistamine so I could sleep and it helped, or was it coincidence? but don't like to take the antihistamines, but don't like the hives!  sigh!

Same here for the past 3 weeks. I swore I was having an allergic reaction to something but if that's the case, I can't figure out what it is. My scalp was especially affected and also my face. I thought it was my shampoo.  The other areas itched then stopped, and the itch moved around my body. Sometimes I'd see redness but most times nothing visible

I had the same thing happen in my 4-6 month. i had severe hives & the same bumps on my hands. i think it is 100% withdrawal related. i was perscribed an anti histamine by my doctor. he couldnt figure out what was causing it. it was weird cause sometimes it would get bad till mid day. or it would be red in the morning and go away later in the day. it was terrible. so itchy. i hated it. the anti histimines helped a little. but they made me kinda weird. messed with my side effects. i hope this goes away. mine did.  -Jacob

We tend to think of benzo w/d as being nerve related only, but bear in mind that the adrenal glands and other hormonal sxs are greatly affected, and that these all play a role in mediating immune response, hence the possible connection to the hives. I have come to the conclusion that my skin is super sensitive at the moment just like the rest of me

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciated hearing from all who wrote.  I know it is part of withdrawal, but it is reassuring to know when someone else has similar bizarre! symptoms.

and I will look up "dyshidrotic eczema"....