Does the intolerance of carbs and sugar eventually go away?

[wy...]

Before benzos, I could eat anything I wanted and while I might feel a little down for a couple hours after eating carbs or sugar, it didn't wreck my whole day or the day after the way it does now.

I have been slowly experimenting with adding sugar back into my diet, but I always feel awful for a day or so afterward. Then I have to eat really, really clean for a day or two to feel like I am healing again.

Does this go away completely? I just can't believe that a drug for anxiety could cause our systems to respond to food in this way, and after 6 months off it is still not improving? What gives?

ANyone have any science on this? Or anyone have this symptom and have it completely go away?

I will know I am healed fully when I can go back to eating whatever I want whenever I want, and will not declare myself healed until that day comes.

There are tons of benzodiazepine receptors in your gut, as well as receptors for all the same neurotransmitters in your brain.  I haven't read anything that definitively describes the role of endogenous benzos in digestion, just that they are very important and that tolerance and w/d will screw up that system.  There are many studies that show that probiotics can restore that balance.  I've found that taking probiotics and digestive enzymes after every single meal has helped reduce the bloating and constipated feelings.

I guess I should have made myself more clear. I am talking about how  sugar and carbs makes me feel like I am going into an anxiety wave.

I don't have any gastric issues anymore. None whatsoever.