Low vitamin D, low testosterone, burning arms/legs, lack of sweating. So scared.

Things aren't looking very good for me. I don't know what could be causing all these things other than some sort of endocrine disorder or nerve damage. I know benzos can really screw up your nervous system, but I'm not seeing anyone that had these things and it got better with time. Seems like it's a guessing game for my life now.

I have low D and back of arms burning. I think it is just wd for you too Coop. I am not an md, but it sure sounds like wd. It impacts so many sx. Give it time. I thought I would NEVER get out of the hell I have been living in. Two days shy of 9 months and I feel like myself. I have a ton of sx but I can cope with them today. My intense fear has even subsided.

Hang in there.

coop,

Low vitamin D has become epidemic all over the Northern hemisphere, especially in the winter. Mine came back at the bottom of the range "35" as "insufficient" and I think "deficient" is at 20 or less, so I am taking vitamin D3, 5,000 units and trying to get some full sun whenever I see it appear.  Every gland in our endocrine system from the hippocampus to the testes/ovaries are is seeing the effects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. I have hypothyroidism and am on thyroid meds, but withdrawals have wreaked havoc on assimilation of the meds and like everyone else my adrenals are running overtime and are taxed out to the max! I'm taking a an herbal adrenal support complex and drinking dandelion root tea for kidney and liver. This will all get better when the benzo-influence is gone, so will yours! ;)

coop, your definitely going to be alright! :)

It seems like the burning skin and lack of sweating are some sort of peripheral neuropathy. It's unbearable. And the more I think about it, this feeling came over me just about a week after I cold turkeyed the opiates and had begun taking the klonopin. I just assumed it was anxiety and hot flushing from the opiate cold turkey, and never noticed the lack of sweating until recently. It would be nice it if was some sort of bad reaction to the klonopin and it was also working to mask the reaction at the same time (does that make sense?), but I doubt it. Low vitamin d and low testosterone seem more likely related and from the withdrawal, but who knows.

And it would all be a guessing game for a doctor, even one who was familiar with benzo withdrawal. So I'm really screwed here. Any decision could be the wrong one and could make matters worse. I feel destined to suffer forever. 30 years old and a lifetime of misery to look forward to.... It's hard to be optimistic about getting better at this point. I don't know what to do.

coop,

There's no doubt that benzo's can cause peripheral neuropathy-like symptoms, such as cold hands and feet, lack of sweating(anhidrosis) and too much sweating(hyperhydrosis) causes by the dysfunction of the sympathetic nervous system. I wouldn't be at all surprised if opiate withdrawal had some similar effects, but it's shorter acting and may not play as big a roll as these benzo's do in hijacking the central nervous system.

Remember, we have a crazy-man at our body's steering wheel and his name is "Benzo". All I can say is, pretty much anything you're and we are not feeling well with right now is all likely the benzo's. Nobody gets this sick this quickly at the same time they're going through withdrawals without it being the withdrawals themselves.

coop, you're going to be just fine! :thumbsup:

Here's a good re-inforcement video for us that are benzo afflicted.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTKW5b18N8&feature=related

Hi Coop, onthemend is 100% right.  My hubby has the low vit d, though 90% of the population does, lack of exposure to sun and sunscreen.  Same with the low testosterone, this he did not ave until benso wd.  Regarding the vit d, hubby was prescibed vit d, reacted awful to it, anxiety went through the roof and insommnia.  Told then to go over the counter vit d, same occurred.  I have seen this many times with other bbs.  He also has the nerve muscle pain, burning skin; they are all WDS.  You will have your life back, this WD crap will settle and will leave.  Hugs, Patty

I know there's a chance and hope it will just go away on it's own. I just don't how long I can suffer this way and wait for something that may not happen. It's all really debilitating and I don't even have the ability to enjoy anything to pass the time. This is no way to live a life. I want more than anything for it to to away on it's own, but that's just another guess and I'm afraid the actual problem could get worse if not taken care of.

It's really hard to realize this could be my life now. I don't want to take horrible medications which will cause other problems down the line and I don't want to suffer. I just don't know..

If it were just burning skin too, I could probably mostly think that is withdrawal, but this inability or lack of sweat is not common at all for benzo withdrawal. In fact, from what I've read it should be the opposite so I'm sure that has a lot to do with why my body as felt so horribly bad. I don't sweat the same at all anymore and my body seems to not cool itself correctly. And it's this burning that seems to come and go on the entire back side of my body...I think I can just feel it most in my arms and legs and feet.

I had the symptoms you mentioned in this post.my sym vitiamptoms went away took the meds dr. Recommented fo low test., etc., I would have been crazy not to low levels of test, vitiam d, cause depression and fatique. Bando

Coop

your wondering if it is wd and will it ever end is a sx in and of itself of wd!!

Hang in there. You are healing. I know it is painfully slow. But you will get there.

One day at a time. The burning will stop. I have never read about anyone who had that stick around. And many people have it.

Tingles go away too.

I have times when I am so hot, then freezing cold. My body doesn't know what to do. But it is healing. Yours too.

Coop,  Have you viewed Parker's post, a few down  from yours?  Recovery video.  You need to watch this, we did this afternoon.  Open her post and view it.  Patty

Coop - I know not many of us have the lack of sweating problem, but I do.  I started about two years ago.  I noticed that I had become heat intolerant but didn't sweat.  If I did, I had to be on the treadmill almost a half and hour (as opposed to 10 - 12 minutes previously).  Then, I was so hot, I couldn't cool down for hours and hours despite cold showers, etc.  My hands were always dry, even when I woke up from sleep and they were sort of curled up under my pillow.  About 6 months ago I noticed that when I wake my hands are now moist - hooray.  Also, if I curl them up and I'm reasonably warm they get moist.  Two months ago another leap forward, for me.  I had to give a talk to a group of people I didn't know and my hands started sweating - not a whole lot, but definitely sweating.  I was so excited I almost forgot what I was going to say.  That's happened a half dozen times now in the last two months.  So I'm convinced this is gradually getting better. 

Our sweat glands are temporarily not working, that's all.  They will again.

Coraggio!  Paresthesia

Coop,  Have you viewed Parker's post, a few down  from yours?  Recovery video.  You need to watch this, we did this afternoon.  Open her post and view it.  Patty

I'm not coop but I would like to view that video. Still not so good at navigating this site, but I didn't see a post by Parker with a video link in it. Hope you can give me more information.

Carol

(suffering like crazy today)

I'm not coop but I would like to view that video. Still not so good at navigating this site, but I didn't see a post by Parker with a video link in it. Hope you can give me more information.

Carol

(suffering like crazy today)

geddeca,

It got buried back a few pages, it was from yesterday.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=51220.0

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all. I was doing really bad for awhile. The burning and numbness in my arms and back and legs and feet were unbearable. A lot of my derealization has gone away, I finally started sweating again, and my head may have cleared up some. Some days I was thinking I was getting better but the lately the bad stuff in my arms legs and back have returned. I really think I may have some form of neuropathy that will never go away. I wake up with so much pain in my arms and legs and my brain is so weak. It's absolutely horrible. I don't know what's going on. I just got to a point where I felt like posting on here wasn't doing me any good, so I just want to stay away and try and ignore the pain as much as possible. I really don't know what's going on with me and I'm fearful these pains  be with me forever. Just last week I was still having pains but I really had hope I was going to get better. Now it's all back and I just don't see it ever happening. I don't know...

You are so early off Coop.  It does go away.  I walked around with ice packs around my legs all day and into the nite for most of my taper and over 6 months off.  Now all thats left is some in my toes.  I have had a very painful couple of years and guess what.  that part is almost gone.  If I healed from that you will to.  Linder