Recovery Video!

[pa...]

Hi Guys,

Welly (Wellness) posted this video today in Success Stories. It's from a guy named Pasquel who started on 6mg of Ativan and wound up on 24mg of Ativan in the course of years.  He healed.  He tells his story and some of his symptoms. He had DP/DR BEFORE benzos - and even that went away. 

I KNOW that we are going to heal. I think this just take a whole lot longer than we were REALLY prepared for. 

But it's so positive to know it's going to happen.

Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSJOWcBFio

Thanks again, Welly.

:)Parker

I actually talked to Pascual on Skype.  He said that after month 5, things stayed about the same until month 16.  At month 16, things got really bad, and he just cleared up at month 17.  It's a very good story.

Thanks for the video parker and thanks for the story WTBNA.  It's amazing how many times I've read about things getting really bad before clearing up...the way I see it is like a highway closed for repairs...there is chaos while the construction is going on, but then when it opens up traffic is better...

WT- thanks for this. I would never have guessed it would go like that... the same for so long and then WORSE and then gone.  Did it really ALL go away at month 17? 

My brain keeps looking for some kind of logic or linear relationship to healing.  It's hard to really get that how I feel right now might be NO indicator of how close I am.  I hear myself say it, but it's hard to really feel like it might be true. And yet, how many times have I typed that!?

Great video! Thanks for sharing! Good Lord I couldnt imagine being on 24mg of ativan a day! I'm surprised this dude have a life threatening seizure. Goodness.

I wish he would have talked about more of his physical symptoms. I think a lot of us can atleast accept anxiety... but sometimes it's hard for me to accept physical issues that I dont' understand.

I guess I could write him.

This is a great video on BZ wd. He went from an amazingly high dose to nothing in 6 weeks tapering with klonopin. I wonder if he would have been better off with a long diaz taper?

I have had terrible DP/DR today and almost hospitalized myself, so I can relate to his going to the hospital - it is so, so impossibly hard to deal with. I am having problems taking care of myself and sometimes thing I need to be fed and just stare at a lake. I can't work, I can't think straight, I am a mess. It feels like I am permanently messed up, but this is BZ wd - right? Ugh.

If he can do it, we can do it.

I really wish there was a specific facility for benzo sufferers. You go there for as long as it takes. When you are healed, you work there helping others for some number of months to help pay for your stay and keep costs down. Just a fantasy...

M

Funny, I just stumbled upon that vid last week. We should all leave him thank-you comments. I'm surprised there aren't more of these.

Bet there will be soon.

I plan to do one when I'm to that point.

Maintain- that is not such a far-fetched idea. 

I've been thinking of making a career out of helping people with this in some way when I am completely healed.

I can see a great need for a facility like the one you mention.

Hmm... wheels are turning...

WT- thanks for this. I would never have guessed it would go like that... the same for so long and then WORSE and then gone.  Did it really ALL go away at month 17? 

I talked to him when I was in month 3, I believe.  I think he said it started fading really fast over 2 weeks to a month, and one night he was on his couch in his basement, and he realized it was all gone.  I think that is what he said.

WT- Talk about your fantasies, eh? I wish that would happen.  Like - in my DREAMS!!!! :)

For real! :)  It does happen to some people that way.  I think it's similar to how we get baseline improvements after a wave -- but it's the final baseline improvement. :)

I'm friends with him on FB, and have sent him a couple questions, but he never wrote me back -- I guess he gets so much mail from people it's hard to reply to it all.

I talked to him when I was in month 3, I believe.  I think he said it started fading really fast over 2 weeks to a month, and one night he was on his couch in his basement, and he realized it was all gone.  I think that is what he said.

Oh Gosh, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Gosh, that would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember on Christmas Day, that my visual DR left like this.  I was out driving, and over about a 2 hour period, it just vanished.  It stayed mostly gone until Feb. 5, and then reappeared. :(

But yes, that would be an awesome way to recover, mmir.

That's how it happened with my visual DR, brain fog and long-term memory too. They went away almost completely over a 2 week period. Now they only come when I get overstimulated and I can live with that since it happens infrequently.

I wish the other symptoms left suddenly like that!

I have a VERY VERY mild version of both. Things still don't LOOK QUITE right. Almost - but not quite. Like i said - it lifted that one morning, but not since.  The way it is now is the way it was all those months in tolerance. I have come a LONG way, but it hasn't fully lifted.

I think in many ways, the mental DR IS gone for me.  I'm just waiting for the last aspects of visual DR to make my environment look correct, too.  It looks like a light veil is just over everything.  I wish I could explain it better.

thank you for this video, it makes it a little more real to see someone live, and someone who was on such a high does and for a while, thanks again:)