Muscle tightness /spasms/ sore now... grrrrr

[cn...]

After my achy back (flu back is what I call it) ive now noticed today ive got muscle soreness all over now.  Left hip near butt cheek. Lower back. Neck and shoulders.  Shooting pains in random spots all over my body from time to time too. Fatigue has came back for a visit too it seems.  Oh well... gonna ride it out.  Its not too bad. Muscle twitching is still going strong.  WTF.

Anyone!!??

I hate to blame everything on w/d... I'd like to blame this on a w/d flareup... but I'm surte stress/anxiety can do it too.

Is it possible to have symptoms like this from anxiety... even if I'm not feeling anxious at all??

Or do you think it's benzo w/d related?

I´d say w/d definitely, your taper was equiv of 50mgs Librium and you tapered pretty fast there... kudos to you for being free but sure, i´d say that the muscle stuff going on is withdrawal... have you tried magnesium? I have not but i have heard it helps muscle issues... maybe someone else will chime in or search the supplements section?

Hang in there, you are healing and not too far out so plenty of room for all this crud to pass and it will.

Oscar

Thank you! I've had a fairly easy w/d I believe. So it's hard for me to fathom getting s/x this far out.

But you are right. It's still kinda early. I can handle it. :) I will make it. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey, I know that this is a late reply but I was searching for muscle soreness issues and your post came up.  I can tell you that muscle soreness has been one of my recurring symptoms throughout withdrawal, and I've been off clonazepam for about 2 1/4 years.  In my case, it is usually caused by very light exercise (like jogging or even a long walk).  I've had my heart tested because combined with other side effects it can be quite scary, but everything checked out OK. 

I've tried magnesium and it might help a little, but it's hard to tell.  The only thing that does work is a little aspirin but I try to limit myself and take that when it's extreme.  Do you exercise?  I think our brains just take any soreness that we feel and make it extreme, so if you do anything unusual it makes it feel like we ran a marathon.  I've also had that exact soreness on the left side/butt that you describe. 

The only good thing is that if you keep on exercising the same muscles, the pain eventually goes away.  I road bike, and my legs and back no longer get sore from this, but if I do anything different (like jog or kayak or something) I'm sore for like a week until my body gets used to it. 

-Bear