Bronchitis-Wheezing

[te...]

It's Wednesday, 5 days into my much anticipated spring break--and i've been sick with bronchitis the whole time. Have been to the clinic once and the ER twice! What is hanging on is this awful whistling/wheezing/ticklish feeling in the chest. Plus fever. Have been prescribed almost $400 worth of medications--this includes a nebulizer that the insurance covered not a penny of :tickedoff:....augmentin, prednisone, tessalon perles, albuterol..........BB's have any of you had this or are having it too? This is the worst, longest, highest fever I've had since childhood. I do not smoke, nor am around anyone who smokes. Are these meds going to rev up sx's? Feel like I've been sick forever :'( Advice appreciated.    T2

Hi T2,

You might have a rev up of symptoms because some of the meds you are taking have steroids in them. BUT, your need to get well first and not worry about the symptoms.  It is really important that you take your medicines now.  Its hard to say why you got slammed so bad but I would guess your immune system is pretty compromised because of the previous bugs you had as well as withdrawal.

You will get better, right now rest and eat lots of healthy foods.

Love and Hugs,

pianogirl  :smitten:

I have only had a couple of colds since tapering, but when I was ON benzos I was sick so often - 3 times with bronchitis (one case was also w/ the Swine Flu). 

Get loads of rest if possible.  Drinking 1t of apple cider vinegar in warm water helped my last chest cold.  The cough would subside within an hour.  I also gargled w/ salt water...oh, and honey w/ cinnamon on toast worked WONDERS.  I know they won't cure it all, but they are comforting and they all helped take some of the discomfort away from the cold. 

Thinking of you...hugs,

Schatje

It's Wednesday, 5 days into my much anticipated spring break--and i've been sick with bronchitis the whole time. Have been to the clinic once and the ER twice! What is hanging on is this awful whistling/wheezing/ticklish feeling in the chest. Plus fever. Have been prescribed almost $400 worth of medications--this includes a nebulizer that the insurance covered not a penny of :tickedoff:....augmentin, prednisone, tessalon perles, albuterol..........BB's have any of you had this or are having it too? This is the worst, longest, highest fever I've had since childhood. I do not smoke, nor am around anyone who smokes. Are these meds going to rev up sx's? Feel like I've been sick forever :'( Advice appreciated.    T2

Well, Teacher2, I myself have been sick on and off since New Years, and right now, have a "tickle" in my chest, and cough. I myself think it has to do with this horrible *Climate Change* we're all experiencing! I also have dx asthma...years of allergy shots and other asthma meds have helped. I remember when I used to take Tessalon Perles, but now MY insurance won't cover it! I take OTC Mucinex with Dextromethorphan and Guiafenesin (Though I imagine Tessalon is safer). Herbal tea with honey helps, too.

I have'nt got bronchitis but have suffered with a cough and wheezing since starting my taper last April.  Just had a chest x ray which has come back clear and due to have breathing tests next week.  I think a lot of this in Benzo related.

[move]13SKWA19 :smitten:TryingAgain :smitten:Schatje :smitten:pianogirl :smitten:[/move]

Thank you all for your suggestions. Tomorrow will be a week since this bronchitis took hold. Am taking the meds although boiling hot diarrhea has developed :'( and I feel rotten. Temperature still hovering at 99.2. Have had 3 breathing treatments today. It makes me shake like crazy and lethargic. Nothing tastes good. And spring break is almost over :'( 

Have not had 103 fever since childhood and have not been this ill since childhood either. Ate 3 tangerines with pulp, cup of hot vegetable soup, spaghetti with a generous sprinkling of crushed red pepper.

Making matters worse is that I still have to take the blasted clonazepam and sertraline.

Hello BB Heroes & Heroines!

Well, ended up being admitted to the hospital. It's Tuesday Evening and I have been released and am staying at Mom's. Besides being so very ill with bronchitis, being given too many antibiotics caused me to get something called c-Dif. Essentially, all the good bacteria/flora in my gut was destroyed. This caused an serious secondary infection. I was hooked up to i.v. potassium/& hydrating agents. Began taking Flaygyl, super probiotic(non-dairy), Tessalon Perles for the coughing and only a liquid diet. The clonazepam & sertraline were given too. Spent 2.5 days and 2 nights in the hospital. never been this sick in my whole life :o  Am not supposed to return to work until Friday. Good thing. So weak, still have a cough, and stomach pain. Whew! Back to the real world :)

((((T2))))

So sorry to just read this.  I was really hoping the illness was leaving.  There are lots of prayers being sent your way. 

S. xooooooooooo

((((((((((((((BENZOHNO)))))))))))))))))))

Am so much better. Fever is finally gone! I do have a 'busted pooper' :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: due to all the diarrhea :o but even that is beginning to get better. It's nice to be at MOM's and even nicer to feel that I am better. Eleven days of feeling like something the dog dragged into the yard and tried to bury, was enough. Am hoping to do some kind of research to see what I can do to prevent this from ever occurring again!! Will always believe that benzos hurt immune systems!! Thank you so much for keeping in touch and for the prayers!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:...............T2

T2, you're welcome,

Ahhh the busted pooper, yes  :laugh:.  So glad you're feeling some relief after 11 days! of this wretchedness.  So funny, you felt like something the dog not only dragged into the yard but was also trying to bury! Ha ha!  Still, your sense of humour is there, amazing.  Antibiotics are brutal on the GI tract.  I wonder if there is any way around this in future- them stripping the gut of all good bacteria...  Peace and healing,

S. xo