Author Topic: Benzo free - flumazenil works!  (Read 47098 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free - flumazenil works!
« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »
I have created a new post and will no longer reply to this one. If you are truly interested in the treatment you can contact me on my messages.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2012, 06:57:30 am »
You are wrong and misinterpreting what I write,

To spell it out 17 diazepam daily.
9 days flumazenil treatment = no more diazepam and doing well.

10 months later doing well and haven taken any benzo's!

Pretty simple maths!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2012, 03:09:12 pm »
Hi [...]. I think its wonderful that you took the chance and made it through. [...] clearly see that you have posted this for informational purposes, to share your positive experience. [...] also see that you are not trying to twist everyones arm to force this treatment upon us. [...] understand the skepticism as well. If it were not for people like yourself taking risks and reporting positive results, many effective treatments/cures would never have a chance to be discovered. You were a "Guinea pig'' for science. That's quite a sacrifice. I'm glad it worked well for you and in my opinion will work well for others as well, not everyone, but some. Its a personal choice. We all need to take responsibility for our own choices. I'm gonna stick with my slow taper, but if I decided to go your route, I surely wouldn't blame you for misguiding me if it went wrong. Thanks for the info and congratulations on being benzo free! :) :) :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2012, 04:21:18 pm »
I don't misguide anybody!

I provide adequate information so people are aware that there are other options.

Inform yourself and decide for yourself what your want to do.

[Buddie]

« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »
Ok :thumbsup: sounds like a plan :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #75 on: November 07, 2012, 05:58:01 am »
Hello, [...].  Congratulations on being free.  I went through a flumazenil procedure in March of 2007 and am convinced that it saved my life.  The procedure is detailed in a thread of mine in the Archive section of this board (posted as user name 'Lexofree'; I recently reregistered as I had forgotten my details).

Apart from loud tinnitus, I have not had any major issues since the detox.  At ten months out, I don't expect you will have any either.  I wish you well in your continuing recovery.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:45 pm »
It seems like there are a couple of people for whom this work. Do you know when the research on this will be published? Are they going to let you know when it will be done? Some researchers do tell people what has happened with the whole group.
Thanks.

[Buddie]

« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2012, 08:31:55 pm »

I provide adequate information so people are aware that there are other options.

Hey [...],

You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself. This is your success story, and no one can take that away from you.

Congratulations and wishing you a long, happy journey in your benzo-free life. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 09:04:26 pm »
Wow!  The reason I think this is a good thing is that it shows that the medical community is seeing a need for a solution...  which, to me, says that they are acknowledging Benzo withdrawal as a real problem.  That's a huge step in the right direction.  With the millions of people on Benzo's, a solution like this could help untold numbers of sufferers.  I cheer any efforts in finding a more time-effective less-traumatic way to be relieved of the withdrawal symptoms.  Someone on BenzoBuddies said, "Sometimes, the only way 'out' of a problem is to go 'through' it".  For now, there seems to be no way out of Benzo withdrawal other than going through it.  It's torture.  It gives me [...] that some medical experts are attempting to find a solution.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us and the people who will eventually face the need to come off Benzo's.  Even if that's only a percentage of Benzo users, it still adds up to mass quantities of people who could benefit from the pioneering spirits of those willing to participate in these trials.  I wish you success!... for your sake and those to follow...

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2012, 11:13:55 pm »

Hey [...],

You shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself. This is your success story, and no one can take that away from you.

Congratulations and wishing you a long, happy journey in your benzo-free life. :)
I was only being supportive. I think my words were misconstrued. I'm happy for [...]. :)