Author Topic: Benzo free - flumazenil works!  (Read 47100 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free - flumazenil works!
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »
Hi,
Its been 10 months since I did my treatment, 10 months free of benzos!!!!

For a long time I had kept my last benzo pills and prescriptions in my cabinet, I have thrown them away for I know that I will never need them or go back to them!!!!!!!!

I wish I could say I am a 100% back to the old me, but that is not true. What [...] say is that I am about 70% myself which is pretty good considering from where I came. I came from a very deep dark place.

I am now working on my diet, making sure that I really give my body all the nutrients it needs to heal the last part.

I am endlessly thankful to Doctor George O'Neil for the work he does and the kindness with which he shares his knowledge.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2012, 09:52:34 am »
Hi,
Its been 10 months since I did my treatment, 10 months free of benzos!!!!

For a long time I had kept my last benzo pills and prescriptions in my cabinet, I have thrown them away for I know that I will never need them or go back to them!!!!!!!!

I wish I could say I am a 100% back to the old me, but that is not true. What [...] say is that I am about 70% myself which is pretty good considering from where I came. I came from a very deep dark place.

I am now working on my diet, making sure that I really give my body all the nutrients it needs to heal the last part.

I am endlessly thankful to Doctor George O'Neil for the work he does and the kindness with which he shares his knowledge.

Thanks [...], I will visiting him in the very near future.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2012, 10:19:02 am »
That's exciting, Staffy, I will be very interested to learn how you get on.  I think, ([...]), I am passed the stage where this is right for me but I did research flumazenil at the outset of withdrawal & was aware there had been an Australian trial but not that there was an active treatment protocol available in WA.

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2012, 10:31:38 am »
That's exciting, Staffy, I will be very interested to learn how you get on.  I think, ([...]), I am passed the stage where this is right for me but I did research flumazenil at the outset of withdrawal & was aware there had been an Australian trial but not that there was an active treatment protocol available in WA.

Hi [...], yes they have a very comprehensive range of protocols, from infusion to implants, thus far they have been fantastic in supplying me with plenty of information and full disclosure of research documents relating to outcomes, success rates and the like.

Now all I need to do is convince my Gastroentrologist and oncologist that my liver will handle it and I'm off to Perth.

Terrified but excited all in one.  I have turned this one over to the universe, so I'll know in 2 weeks after above Doc consultations.

Staffy

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2012, 03:03:29 pm »
This is the post Staffy Girl

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2012, 04:53:53 am »
Staffy, I didn't realise that you were being pushed to rush your taper to accommodate a chemo protocol.  You are a real bz warrior the way you give so much help to others while dealing with all of this.

I truly [...] that the flumazenil can offer you some relief, if your vitals are up to it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 05:47:59 am »
[...], Im confused.  I thought you came off of benzos with the aid off flumazenil and that you were doing well.  I thought that you had said in your earlier posts back in March that it was the best way to come off yet you are still healing 10 months out.  Sorry Im confused.  I am however glad that you are getting better each day:-) Trying to understand your opinion on Flumazenil if you think it works or not.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 03:37:13 pm »
Hi,
To clarify, with the flumazenil treatment I was able to stop in one go from 17 diazepam. Which I would have never ever been able to do on my own. So I am no longer benzo dependent, this is a miracle, alleluia!!!!

Now on the matter of my health, I am not yet the 100% I wished I was. I would rate myself at a 70 %. I function well as long as I am not to ambitious about what I want to do. That is I get easily tired.  My sleep is slightly fragmented and I have a bit of tinnitus.

So the term cured is relative to how you look at it. If cured is off benzo and relatively okay then I am cured. If cured is back to the old 100% them I am not cured.

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:48 am »
Hi,
To clarify, with the flumazenil treatment I was able to stop in one go from 17 diazepam. Which I would have never ever been able to do on my own. So I am no longer benzo dependent, this is a miracle, alleluia!!!!

Now on the matter of my health, I am not yet the 100% I wished I was. I would rate myself at a 70 %. I function well as long as I am not to ambitious about what I want to do. That is I get easily tired.  My sleep is slightly fragmented and I have a bit of tinnitus.

So the term cured is relative to how you look at it. If cured is off benzo and relatively okay then I am cured. If cured is back to the old 100% them I am not cured.

Thanks [...], you've been very helpful.  I too would be coming off around 16mgs.  For me being 'off' is very important as I have other issues at play.  70% would be fine with me.

Staffy x

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2012, 03:43:39 am »
The way i see it, is that the benzos block the sites. Then our bodies try to make more chemical messengers. Then when the benzos are withdrawn, our bodies are way over stimulated due to excess messengers. That is a simple way that I look at it.

So with Flumazenil, the effect is short term. For me, I cant understand how flumazenil could work long term.

As we know, some people dont go thru PAWS. But what do I know. Whatever works.

I am 2 years off, and about 90 percent healed.