Author Topic: Benzo free - flumazenil works!  (Read 46985 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free - flumazenil works!
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 01:21:53 pm »
Thank you so much for taking a time to come here and write this ! It surely gives us [...]. It has been said many times that everybody is different in terms of benzo experience (developing a tolerance, symptoms, individual healing rate, etc.) So it appears that it could really work for some people, though not for all (sadly). 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:42 pm »
It is my second month since I stopped and I am doing great.

I don't spend time at benzobuddies so if you have questions you can reach me through personal messages. I do reply to those.

Please note I didn't post this information to cause damage to anybody. I could have spared me the effort. The intention was to share something that changed my life. Or rather say gave me my life back.  The negative reactions to my information  is one of the reasons why I don't read the post.

Why is complaining about the miserie so accepted and saying that there is a way out so mistrusted?

Hey [...],

I did not mean to come across as negative.  I think it is fantastic that this worked for you.  I'm also glad that they are researching this.  I just wanted to give the other side of this because I don't think it would work for everyone.  Congrats on getting your life back!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 07:30:42 am »
I am super happy this treatment worked for you!!Congrats on healing and have a blessed life!!! :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »

I don't spend time at benzobuddies so if you have questions you can reach me through personal messages. I do reply to those.

Please note I didn't post this information to cause damage to anybody. I could have spared me the effort. The intention was to share something that changed my life. Or rather say gave me my life back.  The negative reactions to my information  is one of the reasons why I don't read the post.

Why is complaining about the miserie so accepted and saying that there is a way out so mistrusted?
[...],

I'm very happy for your continued success from your treatment.  Although to answer your question "Why is complaining about the miserie so accepted and saying that there is a way out so mistrusted?" the truth is that many many people here are in great pain and this is the forum specifically for those people, and while you seem to be an example of a happy ending, and certainly gives food for thought, if your "cure" was truly the answer, logic would suggest that there would be significantly more advocacy for this treatment.  Perhaps, if what you experienced is true, we will see more in the future.  And if this is a viable alternative, perhaps those that go after us will benefit from it.  However at this time, aside from your experience, the jury is still out.  So don't fault us for questioning your "miracle".  Just be happy it worked for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

once you feel betrayed you question everything. [...] you are a very intelligent sweet woman and all that matters is you've found your way,[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 01:31:05 am »
Anyone remember Barney Clark? Over 10 years ago he was a research patient who received an experimental artificial heart. He lived a few months with the heart. The thing is that it was totally experimental. He was just an experiment (I think the first one). The weird thing was that the media got ahold of this. People were talking like this new heart would be available next week.  They just did not get it. Barney knew his number was up, and so did the research team.  The gained knowledge on how the heart could work.....Research!!

[...] is part of research. She is one case. Hi [...]. I am glad that someone is attempting this research.

I dont know if i missed it, but how long have you been off benzos?

When i read the abstract and other info, it seemed to have the language of addiction. They mentioned cravings and success at stopping benzos.  maybe i missed it, but I did not see a discussion of long term wd symptoms. Again, I understand that this is beginning research.

[...] I wish you good healing! Fair winds too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 09:32:44 am »
Hi to all the readers of this post,
just wanted to say that if anybody is interested and wants to chat with me they can contact me through the personal messager.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »
[...]- I just wanted to say Congratulations! on getting better. :)  I'm SO glad something worked for you.  I [...] that as time goes on, there will be more documentation on success stories like yours so that it might be an option for others.

Congratulations again!!
:)[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 04:17:44 pm »
How else has followed the exact treatment protocol, please come forward and speak up!

Who are 'these people' for who it doesn't work? Do they really exist?

[Buddie]

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2012, 04:27:03 pm »
There is a great deal published on how it doesn't work. Even Wiki I think has a blurb about it. We used to think you could put people on Pheno and get them off their benzo, but then we figured out that pheno was a barbaric way to cold turkey people.

I am glad this worked for you. But it may not work for others. All of us would like a way out of this. I have been disabled for a year and a half including my failed taper. I want nothing more than to return to work and be a member of society again. But time is the ONLY healer. There are no drugs that reset GABA. Flumazenzil does not reset receptors. People who get relief from it usually have a return of sx very shortly after the drug leaves their body. People have died from taking flumazenil in an attempt to be benzo free. I dont think you want to promote a "cure" that can lead to death. Again, glad it worked for you. But it may not be the cure that we all [...] will one day relieve people of the misery of healing after benzo use.