Author Topic: Benzo free - flumazenil works!  (Read 45674 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo free - flumazenil works!
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 05:35:10 pm »
Hey [...]. Congrats on feeling better. I come to this section of the site alot for all the inspiration that it brings. I'm glad you have this nightmare behind you now. I think different treatments, therapies, pills, yoga, cooking, ect work for different people. So I'm not doubting you. I mean some people can quit taking 4 mgs of Klonopin cold turkey and not have any w/d's. Why? Because everyone is different. I don't think people should come to your success story and doubt what your saying. Because they truly don't know. They just speak out of concern due to the fact your promoting something they may not work for others. As long as it worked for you that's all that matters.

Case in point. I remember I drank a GIANT margarita when I got out of detox at the airport. I needed something to calm myself down before I got on the plane. I didn't know that was a  big NO NO during benzo w/d. I didn't find this site till after I got home and I got sicker. Anyways that Giant margarita made me feel a whole hell of alot better. Well, at least for an hour it did. Then a hell broke loose. What I didn't do is come online and tell people to pretend like it was Cinco de Mayo and drink their way threw withdrawl. LOL

As long as your feeling good and functioning. Rock on. It just not wise to steer anyone one way or another when it comes to their health. I dont agree with the all the taper advise that is given out online either. Taper advise is medical advise IMO. Ive seen people suffer extreme w/d's from that as well. Ive seen other people quite cold turkey and heal quicker than people that taper. Yet they say don't do that. No one really knows. The advise you have about flumazenil is no different than the taper advise people get online. There both medical advise IMO. Which is suppose to be prohibited I thought? I guess some is OK and some isn't. LOL People have gotten extremely sick using both methods. Some have not. I [...] this is over for you and you live a great happy life. Thanks for the story.

Rock

I think the advice on slow tapering comes from decades of research and experience amongst doctors who have treated many thousands of patients.  On average, people who slowly taper do much better than people who cold turkey or do rapid withdrawals.  Flumazenil has been used for over 20 years too and has not caught on because it has not been effective for most people.  I don't think pointing out these facts constitutes irresponsible medical advice.  God knows I wish I had listened to the people who told me to do a slow taper.  I may not have lost the last 2 1/2 years of my life.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 05:38:37 pm »
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:30:17 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:48 am »
Ok, I'm new and I don't know you [...] but I still wish you all the best and I [...] this is your answer.  However, there are people out there and actively on this forum that may follow your recommendations and have horrific consequences.  I think you mean the best but too many have been hurt by this treatment.  It is not the answer....we all want to be better and we hate the fact that we don't know how long that will take.  It sux.  I have been through this war for over a decade and would gladly take any offer for all of the pain to end but this is not the answer.  We still have to wait for a "cure" to our situation which may never come since we, as a population, do not represent enough INCOME for the pharmaceutical companies. 

NEW PEOPLE, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU INVEST YOUR TIME AND MONEY IN ANY "CURE" LOOK OUT FOR YOURSELVES....REMEMBER, IF SOMETHING SEEMS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS.

LOVE,

[...]

Edit: changed font size and color
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:57:20 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 03:49:06 am »
 I think the points have been made here on both sides of this topic. Lets let [...] have her celebratory thread back. If you wish to continue discussing flumazenil you can start another thread in the "Chewing the Fat" section.

The last part of the first post should be highlighted here..

Last but not least please note that this is an experimental treatment, it has not been officially verified through quantifiable studies. Thus you are navigating uncharted territory, therefore you will be fully responsible for your choices and the consequences that arise from it. I wish you wisdom and courage regarding the decision you take.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 07:47:15 pm »
[...],
I'm just glad that you've recovered~~wonderful news whatever the method!  Congrats!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »

There is some evidence that flumazenil is effective for protracted benzodiazepine withdrawal (or benzodiazepine post-withdrawal syndrome) with promising results [4][5][6], though larger studies with more regular dosing intervals are needed to confirm this. There have also been some studies investigating the drugs effect in reducing benzodiazapine tolerance [7][8], with promising results. In binding to the benzodiazepine receptor, flumazenil may reset the receptors sensitivity, restoring the receptor to its pre-drug affinity. [9]

[...], although I was skeptical of flumazenil. After reading this maybe you have found your way. Please let us know how this goes for you. [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »
I wish [...] would come back and let us know how she is feeling and if she is continuing to feel well.  My [...] is that she is, and since she's one of the only ones I've know of that has gone through this process it would be good to know her continuing experience.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 06:32:04 pm »

[/quote]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 10:31:45 am »
Hey [...]

Whatever worked for you I say good on you I [...] you make a complete recovery.  I think its a personal journey and one that is complicated.  I have to always remember that i wasnt well before this so who knows how i will be after it.  I do feel for poor [...] though he obviously has had many struggles much love to him as well.

Keep us posted will be interested to know how you go

Lizzyxx

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 01:03:06 pm »
It is my second month since I stopped and I am doing great.

I don't spend time at benzobuddies so if you have questions you can reach me through personal messages. I do reply to those.

Please note I didn't post this information to cause damage to anybody. I could have spared me the effort. The intention was to share something that changed my life. Or rather say gave me my life back.  The negative reactions to my information  is one of the reasons why I don't read the post.

Why is complaining about the miserie so accepted and saying that there is a way out so mistrusted?