Approaching 10 months: Bad setback last month and a half

[35...]

[35...]

I am approaching 10 months next week.  After about 7 or 8 months, I felt that I had crossed a major point toward healing.  At that point I still had symptoms in certain settings, but I always knew that they would go away if I took myself out of that setting.  And other than in those setting, symptoms were generally manageable.

Now in the past month, my symptoms have really rev'd up, even though I started to be a bit more careful in my activities when that happened.  The way I would put is that before 4 weeks ago, any syjmptoms that I had I could attribute to trying to do too much too soon.  It was frustrating that symptoms would rev up because I often felt very good, and so had this desire to do more things.  Now I am at a point where symptoms can rev up at any time, and it is not a question of even wanting to do anyting else.

Anyone this far out or further who can speak to this?  Thanks.

Pfeff, I can relate..

3 weeks ago I thought I made steady progress (i'm 10.5 month off).

But now everything is ruined by new great wave. Everything is back: nerve pains, anxiety, balloon head pressure and bad tinnitus, which I had not before.

I also have problems with falling asleep because of strong itching that usually comes in the night time.

I know it will be better, but feel a great pity of the time wasted in this torture.

I am approaching 10 months next week.  After about 7 or 8 months, I felt that I had crossed a major point toward healing.  At that point I still had symptoms in certain settings, but I always knew that they would go away if I took myself out of that setting.  And other than in those setting, symptoms were generally manageable.Now in the past month, my symptoms have really rev'd up, even though I started to be a bit more careful in my activities when that happened.  The way I would put is that before 4 weeks ago, any syjmptoms that I had I could attribute to trying to do too much too soon.  It was frustrating that symptoms would rev up because I often felt very good, and so had this desire to do more things.  Now I am at a point where symptoms can rev up at any time, and it is not a question of even wanting to do anyting else.Anyone this far out or further who can speak to this?  Thanks.

Hi Pfeff.  Yes, I can relate to your experience of doing more after feeling like turning the corner.  At around 7 months, I was doing great and started having some modest amounts of wine, some junk food, lots of travel during that summer after I finished my taper.  After about six weeks of feeling pretty good, I got slammed with a setback at around 9 months off (high bp, cog fog, jelly legs, GI symptoms....).  My doctor wanted to put me on beta blockers but I decided to eat healthy, exercise more, stop drinking for a while and within a few weeks, things got turned back around.  I think after some months post taper, people naturally want to go back to their former lifestye habits, not necessarily drinking or anything like that, but just getting out more, being more socially engaged... can add stress and challenge what might still be a somewhat sensitive CNS. I think you will likely get through this wave in the coming weeks. 

Hang in there,

Vertigo

Pfeff -

Pretty much sounds like me lately - during my 8th month, although not symptom free, I felt pretty decent most of the time (except mornings and social situations).  Month 9 things started to decline somewhat and now that I'm 2 weeks into my 10th month, things are much worse.  Bombarded with old and new symptoms, many of which are physical.  Hoping that things improve for both of us soon.

Rico