I Look LIke Hell

[Mi...]

Donna, laughed out loud just visualizing slamming ones gut in the silverware drawer!  Oscar I have a fav pair of jeans I wear day in day out.  Hate to even put them through the wash, they are dirty enough to stand up by themselves.  Lizzy, hello!  The stars have makeup people, dressers, handlers, plastic surgeons.  We just have a tube of orange lipstick and spanx.  Gotta laugh at ourselves, what else is there to do?

MiniMinnie

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [Ch...]

• [Ca...]

• [su...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Minnie, still BP spikes, maybe due to anxiety over BP itself and heart rate.  Made a trip to the ER last night  ???  where they were very nice and understanding...kissed my boo-boos and sent me home.  And so it goes.  I have an appointment with my GP this a.m. where I was warned by the doctor in the ER that she'll probably want to prescribe another benzo to help me get through this.  Not sure what to do...follow medical advice or continue the course I'm following right now.  SO badly do NOT want to start another benzo...

Challis :smitten:

Follow your gut and refuse another benzo.

There are much more medications, or non drug solutions to high blood pressure than benzos.

I love this thread....  it makes me laugh -- so thank you for starting it!!

I look like hell too.  I scare myself when I look in the mirror.  Best not to do that! 

Although on good days I see me in there... so I know she is there.

I've lost 10 lbs and can't zip my jeans. 

Hey all.  Just got back from the hairdresser who was shocked! shocked! at my hair loss.  She suggested all sorts of things but I know it is this benzo withdrawal hell and not much can be done about it but time passing.  Just like this whole mess, time just has to pass and hopefully we will regain our senses and our bodies, and hopefully they will be as good or better than before!  In the meantime, I am perusing wig sites like mad.

:crazy:

MiniMinnie

hello Sweet Mini

So did the hairdresser you a half price deal lovely you know half the hair and all.  my hairdresser did a shocking on colouring yesterday so i will be marching back there today and demanding that she fixes it omg like i have time for this anyway love your jeans story we are nearly finished summer here and you know what i wore jeans nearly every day go figure they are comfortable and i feel safe in them no matter how hot i am.  oh well hope you are doing ok im busy collecting my lost hair for you to start weaving your own custom made wig just let me get the colour right first hahaha so no funny is it????

Lizzyxx

Some of my hair has grey in it, and I'm a 32 year old guy!!! It's ridiculous. I never had grey hair until this. It was always shiny and healthy. I tried a herb called Silica once and it made my s/x's flare. So, you can use the external shampoo and conditioner.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=16261 

It's a commercial link, but you can buy this stuff at Wal-Mart or a Drugstore.

Billy.

Lizzy I am accepting any and all donations for that wig!  You always make me laugh.  :laugh:  Actually my hairdresser told me to take cinnamon capsules.  She said she is taking them and sees a difference in her thin hair.  She said they were also good for metabolism and to stabilize blood sugar.  Sounds like something probably not good for us benzo freaks if it revs metabolism but I filed it away to maybe try after all this effing mess lays by.

Billy, thanks for the warning on silica.  So many things tend to hinder our recovery!  As for the link.  Mane and Tail brand horse grooming aids?  Well, might as well nothing else works.  Got a big laugh outta that one too.

MiniMinnie

Billy, a friend of mine used to use the Mane and Tail stuff and one thing,in my early 30's I started getting gray hairs. One thing that might NOT be w/d!! this finished me off tho. I am thinking of giving up and just going gray. I wouldnt care as long as it grew back and wasnt so thin and scraggly :o Id love a wig but in FL wow cant imagine the heat from one!!

Gardenia, I'm down here in Florida too and am joking a bit about the wig.  Could only wear one about 2 months out of the year if that!  Ditto spanx.  Can you say heat exhaustion?  Love Florida though!

MiniMinnie

Minni

Whatever you do dont take anything at all anything that doesnt keep you alive like food etc it will only screw us up more of that im sure.  Our bodies dont need to take onboard sorting out anything else.  Im even thinking about staying away from KFC what with all those assorted herbs and spices lmao.  anyway im off to get some group therapy wish me luck.

Lizzyx

Gardenia, I'm down here in Florida too and am joking a bit about the wig.  Could only wear one about 2 months out of the year if that!  Ditto spanx.  Can you say heat exhaustion?  Love Florida though!

MiniMinnie

oh the spanx are out for us :laugh: it was 80 here today!!!!

a fake ponytail might work:) Mine is so scraggly.

A year ago I told my doctor I felt as if I had aged 10 years in a year.  My hair was falling out and had no shine or body, I had huge bags under my eyes, my skin was flaky and blotchy and pale.  I just didn't look right.  Then last fall - about the same time that some other symptoms went away - I noticed I looked a little healthier and week by week I began to perk up.  My hair has stopped falling out and has more body, and I just look happier.  It takes time, but we'll all get there.  Paresthesia

Thanks for the encoiuragement paresthesia!

LOL jrvmc.  Yep, its late spring here in Florida and we've had a very warm winter too.  80 today.  Its the time of year when the snakes get fractious and the crocs wake up.  I ran a big snake ff my front porch today.  He looked better than me!  ::)  Know you can relate, AZ does heat big time but we do humidity really really well.

MiniMinnie

LOL jrvmc.  Yep, its late spring here in Florida and we've had a very warm winter too.  80 today.  Its the time of year when the snakes get fractious and the crocs wake up.  I ran a big snake ff my front porch today.  He looked better than me!  ::)  Know you can relate, AZ does heat big time but we do humidity really really well.

MiniMinnie

Oh yes, we are so lucky in AZ to have a dry heat!  Our claim to fame.  We actually tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk when we first moved here.  The white cooked! 

So, basically, if you live here long enough and don't end up with skin cancer you just dry up like a prune.  I'm working on it. ;D

All this benzo mess did more to dry me up like a prune than the sun ever did!

Yes, I know beauty is only skin deep.  I know all this is a bit superficial considering all we are facing in this battle.  Our looks are just the visible representation of the battle we are waging and the toll it is taking on our bodies. 

I will not let this beat me.  I will regain my health, my mojo, a beautiful mane of thick hair, which I never had even before all this!  All those things I took for granted will return!

MiniMinnie

I can so relate. Looking in the mirrior now can make me flinch. The hair loss is the worse for me. It is so thin in front you can see the scalp and it broke off so bad it is just frizz now. My hair is naturaly curly and I would try so hard to style it straight, now I miss the curls. Gained so much weight I look like humpty dumpty and am miserable. I suppose time will heal and I will have me back at some point. Trying rogain but don't hold much hope it will work.

MiniMinnie

I saw a garden snake yesterday in the yard ::)

that dry heat sounds scary! My step Gramdmother lived out AZ for a yr and she was friends with a woman who was on oxygen her lungs got too dried out :o Here we just melt from the high humidity ::)

Oh yes, we are so lucky in AZ to have a dry heat!  Our claim to fame.  We actually tried to fry an egg on the sidewalk when we first moved here.  The white cooked! 

So, basically, if you live here long enough and don't end up with skin cancer you just dry up like a prune.  I'm working on it. ;D

All this benzo mess did more to dry me up like a prune than the sun ever did!

Yes, I know beauty is only skin deep.  I know all this is a bit superficial considering all we are facing in this battle.  Our looks are just the visible representation of the battle we are waging and the toll it is taking on our bodies. 

I will not let this beat me.  I will regain my health, my mojo, a beautiful mane of thick hair, which I never had even before all this!  All those things I took for granted will return!

MiniMinnie

You go girl!!!  :thumbsup:

We can do this Gardenia, heat humidity and all!

Joaskren, yes, the hair thing is what depresses me most.  I have these big ears that stick out and I depend on my hair to cover them.  Can't do pony tails or updos or anything that pulls my hair back.  They peep through all the time now and I feel like one of those little boys who have cute jug ears except mine aren't even close!  I hope you have success with the rogaine.  I'll put that on the list with cinnamon, rogaine and monostat to try after all this mess is well and truly over!

Although the thought of vaginal cream on my head is very tempting! :laugh:

MiniMinnie

I posted this somewhere on this forum before, but I can't remember where. :idiot:  When I read that Inositol can help with anxiety (which is my worst problem now) I ran right out to Hihealth to buy some.  I told the clerk why I wanted it, and she was surprised.  She said that all her Inositol customers are men, who buy it for hair loss.  She said they tell her it works well.  I have taken it on and off for anxiety, and it does seem to help some.  Since I started taking it I have definitely noticed that my hair seems to be growing faster.

Also, I have heard Preparation-H is great for prune face. :)