2years free from klonopin,yet I am not free?

[je...]

Feb 13 is two long years of struggles,non stop,I have learned through traveling  this hell ride,once off the body mind ,muscles suffer so bad,today I still fight neck pain going into head,head weirdness,feeling off,stomach pain ,various muscle pain ,I hope I will over come this ?i still wonder if all this head pain ,which is at its worst ,is repairable,am I stuck this way ?dint know but it's hard to stay in the game ,,,,when I think I am gaining ground ,I get nailed,slapped right back ,it's like it always wants to control me,,,,,I don't know how others are fairing this far out off the klonopin,verses Valium,Xanax. Do they suffer with all the pain and head,GI,muscle madness,well I wanted to update my progress ,and hope for prayer from all benzo buddy's ,I need it !when will I break through this :'( :'( :'(  : let me know Jeff32

Hello Jeff,

I am a little over 2 years off from kpin. I do not take any other medications and  I mean none. I eat very very healthy, I avoid stress like the plague still and I still have quite a few intense symptoms that keeps me from enjoying life. It is very distressing, I know. I really thought I would be back into life by now. At the very least I kinda thought I would be functioning much more than what I am.

I try to avoid getting too upset over it because that only seems to rev my symptoms even more. Although somedays I can't help my get revved up because my CNS is still so sensitive and raw. In the early days I read a lot of information about others who had long w/d's like ours and they seemed to take anywhere from two years to 4 years to heal. So I kinda knew on some level that I would take a long time...especially considering how long I was on, how much I was on, how I came off (detox) and the fact that it was klonopin. For what it is worth, you are doing very well.

Not many people can get through two years of this horror and misery. So you, my friend, are doing great. It takes a lot of determination and will to go through so much. I do know that it will pay off in the long run. Everyone I have seen that doesn't go back to benzos and avoids other medications while sticking this out, gets better and goes on to heal. We just have to endure it, as bad as it can be. We will heal. I promise you that. It's just the timeframe that is uncertain.  Keep hanging on buddy.

Chrisw

Hey Jeff, Its your buddy Colleen again. 23 months off and still symptomatic. Im happy to have come this far, although not healed yet. There is a protracted thread for folks to post without scaring newbies. You may find some comfort in reading there because you are not alone in this. One of those just wrote that she feels very close to healing at 33 months off...which is very encouraging I think. All my best, love, Colleen

muscles suffer so bad,today I still fight neck pain going into head,head weirdness,feeling off,stomach pain ,various muscle pain ..

Hi Jeff I am 3 years off from C/T high dose Clonazepam and I have the symptoms you describe, in the early days i had over 60+ symptoms to deal with, I now have about a dozen left which include the ones you mention ... Clonazepam does seem to be a unique monster to overcome and leaves its legacy heavily for a longer period of time, but i have known many people who have come through after a prolonged period of time ... we will too

Mike

I will be 11 months off of klonopin this friday and I am suffering so much, probably the worst I have felt since getting off. My worst issues are muscle issues and swelling. I wanted to post here as both Mike and Jeff indicated that at 2 years off this one of the horrible issues you are dealing with. Do you issues with tight muscles and do you get lumps or bumps? Do you have any swelling, numbness tingling or burning still? What do you do to help with your muscles? Thanks so much for any info.

Marta

i am off 16 months and its still hell i not recovered full

i have Floaters Stupid Thoughts, Obsessive Thinking. It Comes And Goes Its Really Messed up

I will be 11 months off of klonopin this friday and I am suffering so much, probably the worst I have felt since getting off. My worst issues are muscle issues and swelling. I wanted to post here as both Mike and Jeff indicated that at 2 years off this one of the horrible issues you are dealing with. Do you issues with tight muscles and do you get lumps or bumps? Do you have any swelling, numbness tingling or burning still? What do you do to help with your muscles? Thanks so much for any info.

Marta

Hi Marta,

Yep I have all the things that you mention, and because I am medication intolerant now since the withdrawal I rely heavily on K Flex bandages, wraps and straps, a CEFAR Neurostimulator / TENS Unit to help with pain .. Low melting point wax again for the swellings and pain, and to help with the neuropathic pain and relentless RLS discomfort I use a hydrobath several times through the night and this helps alot, before I had the bath put in I used to use a Bubblejet Mat by Babyliss ... its basically a jacuzzi but in a mat form that you put at the bottom of the bath and it generates bubbles that stun the pain nerves into submission and gives some welcome relief ..

To help through through the night also with the pain generated insomnia I use Ambient Music Therapy from Amazon MP3 site .. its monotonal white noise that basically bores the brain to sleep .. it really helps ..

Mike

so Mike, do you have the lumps and bumps too? Has any of it gotten better with time? 2 years of this, unbelievable what you have had to deal with.

Marta

i do alot of hot tubs,sauna,steams room to help me ....it draws out the poison stuck in fat in our body .....as far as lumps and bumps not so much for me ,that has settled ...i diddnt want to scare anybody who is new to this process ......but its a fight to get back ....stay strong and good to body ....try to work out lightly which i believe help with all the muscle problems that come after being off ......thanks colleen its so good to hear from you ....i wish the best for you ....i will never forget your kindness ,support and love ...you have walked  with me when i thought i i couldn't anymore  :smitten:..help me more than words can say ..... :'( i keep pushing myself to rebuild ....my body and mind .....the only thing that scare me is the head stuff ..... :'( i have gotten used to all the crazy pain ..all over ...early on i thought i was going to go crazy ...but its amazing how strong the body and mind are !!!!!!!!!! today was a very bad day with head and neck stuff ,it comes on hard and fast warming like feeling in head with crazy neck pain ,it feels like i am choking ,so weird and nuts ...i struggles not to pay any mind to it and act like i am not feeling so scary shitty....and it gos away little at time ,

so Mike, do you have the lumps and bumps too? Has any of it gotten better with time? 2 years of this, unbelievable what you have had to deal with.

Marta

HI Marta,

Yep I ahve unexplained swellings, lumps in muscle, inflammation that just suddenly comes, unusual muscle movements, and the the throat thing that most people complain about called "Globus", comes and goes, the head pressure, constant dizziness and vertigo with every movement, flu-like feeling, RLS and neuropathy are my constant companion along with the poor sleep and chronic fatigue and medication intolerances.. but where it used to be was the gates of hell that's for sure repeatedly pulled in .. certain things have improved considerably but at times are overshadowed by the remaining difficult symptoms ... but with the simple measures I have adopted to help with pain and other things it has helped .. and I like to think that the years of recovery in front of me are less than the years behind me ...

Mike

Thundercats(Mike)

You don't have a signature line....what were you taking and for how long and how long have you been off?

I am so glad I found this thread this morning as it makes me feel like the things that have been such a problem for me at 11 months out are "normal" for withdrawl. I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with me, because I had never heard anyone else talk about the lumps and bumps and muscle issues so far out the way that you all described that is what I am experiencing. I never want anyone to suffer, but I also take comfort in knowing that what I am dealing with is experieced by others.

Marta

thanks MIKEW AND THUNDERCATS and all who post on this tread ..it needs to be talked ABOUT  so we can all know that it part of the process this far out ..i never thought 2 years i would have all these problems ...but this beast is getting tired and i know its a matter a time before i regain my life ....but for now i have pain and weirdness hanging on .....i thought i was alone in this 2 year struggle ,but with klonopin its the normal ...its the master of pain ,and not given up ....so far ????????:o :o :o>:( >:(:-\ where r u at jeff32

Thundercats(Mike)

You don't have a signature line....what were you taking and for how long and how long have you been off?

I am so glad I found this thread this morning as it makes me feel like the things that have been such a problem for me at 11 months out are "normal" for withdrawl. I was starting to think there was something seriously wrong with me, because I had never heard anyone else talk about the lumps and bumps and muscle issues so far out the way that you all described that is what I am experiencing. I never want anyone to suffer, but I also take comfort in knowing that what I am dealing with is experieced by others.

Marta

Hi Marta,

I haven't done a sig line yet, but I was on 8mg Clonazepam and 10mg Zolpidem I C/T off Clonazepam and did a rapid withdrawal from Zolpidem ... I didn't find any forum or support / guidance info till I was already 6months off Clon and several months off Zolpidem, I was bed bound for the first 6 months and housebound for the first 9 mths ... my family described it as the worst suffering they had ever see anybody endure .. certainly no picnic that;s for sure ... things are much better than those days but certainly not living the dream that's for sure ...

Mike

do you have all this head stuff going on ,and can you explain what you are dealing with ,so i know i am not nuts ...i need help and have lost my will ......been doing for so long  :'( :o is there any thing someone dose that eases there pain and suffering ...is it smart to work out though all this pain ...i must rebuild from the damage .....who has beaten klonopin monster ???????who .where are they ,why have they left us ,sooooo mad and frustrated,beside myself ...who can lift this haze from my eyes...what a long road ...where the end...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(jeff32

do you have all this head stuff going on ,and can you explain what you are dealing with ,so i know i am not nuts ...i need help and have lost my will ......been doing for so long  :'( :o is there any thing someone dose that eases there pain and suffering ...is it smart to work out though all this pain ...i must rebuild from the damage .....who has beaten klonopin monster ???????who .where are they ,why have they left us ,sooooo mad and frustrated,beside myself ...who can lift this haze from my eyes...what a long road ...where the end...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(jeff32

Here's a Klonopin story for you, Jeff. I've read this several times lately:

http://www.bcnc.org.uk/richardsklonopin.html

Hope it helps  :)

27 months for me Jeff.  Still have some insomnia (mostly sleep maintenance, meaning I get to sleep easily but wake up earlier than I need to, around 5:30AM even though my alarm goes off at 6:45).  Also, some anxiety but significantly better than a year ago and no worse than before benzos, actually a little better.  Some fatigue in the afternoons, but had some of that before benzos.  Intermittent apathy which has improved in the last six months to nine months.  Some GI stuff but had that before benzos, still take prilosec but only every other day.  I had anxiety and insomnia before I took valium.  The GI stuff has dramatically improved but still have about what I had before I took a benzo, some acid reflux...  Had a hemmy the first 18 months or so off, finally went away.  Mindfulness and breathing exercises can help calm things down a lot.  I think klonopin can be a little tougher with the nerve tingling and burning issues although I ended up with shingles about five weeks off valium!

Hang in there,

Vertigo

Im 15 months klon free after life time of  benzo.sometimes feel permanetly cooked.ADHD heavy,cogFog major,Tinnitis is constant.All I know is there are a host of symptoms I don't have.my brain is mad at me.I tried to drown it .ALL IN GOOD TIME.

I. Also had bout with shingles......during withdrawal......hummmm .i have been fighting this neck ,head stuff ,not to sound like a broken record ,but its kicking my tail. It will feel ok for a while and then intense pressure and pain that will bring you to your knees,I have returned to work and fight thought all the weird feeling ,this far out ,I just don't know anymore!thanks for the link Hope-Friend that is what I needed to keep pushing on ,and not given up .i thought klonopin was the worst but all the others are. Just as bad.klonopin hold on for so long.plus you get better for a while and think your free for the mess .only to get. Knocked back with pain and all the weirdness you left behind ,hard to understand this process.where is the success story's ,why so long ,and this far out taking back to square one ,what about all this healing that was supposly happening ??????????????? Confused ?????

It really is not uncommon for people to suffer past two years.....i qam at 14 months and dealing with some major issues related to 6 yerars of Valium...the worlds stupidest drug.

I think that 36 months is realisitic for many of us....just hang in there....dont turn back....in time we all will recover most of what we have lost...if not all of it.

This drug will ruin life as you knew it...very serious stuff for sure....way worse than coke, weed and heroin.  This stuff can kill you and destroy all of your life....you can easily lose you home, your job and your friends and family......never again with this junk.

Andy

It really is not uncommon for people to suffer past two years.....i qam at 14 months and dealing with some major issues related to 6 yerars of Valium...the worlds stupidest drug.

I think that 36 months is realisitic for many of us....just hang in there....dont turn back....in time we all will recover most of what we have lost...if not all of it.This drug will ruin life as you knew it...very serious stuff for sure....way worse than coke, weed and heroin.  This stuff can kill you and destroy all of your life....you can easily lose you home, your job and your friends and family......never again with this junk.

Andy

Hi Andy. I had a major setback at 14 months but was able to write a "success story" a few months later.  Still not quite 100% but getting there (27months) It is possible to "mostly heal" or at least see many improvements by 18-24 months.  What are your current issues?

Vertigo