Online Support....Can it make things worse?

[KR...]

That's another aspect of this sites pervasive negative focus.  Instead of concentrating on tools to recover, it focuses on the "evils" of the drug.

The site has a stated policy of not being anti-med or anti-doctor, but those posts appear every day, and that policy is clealy ignored by moderators.

Builder,

We are volunteers who work part time and none of us can read every post on the forum.  I certainly can't.  So we depend on members to report offending posts to us.  When they do, we decide if the reported post breaks the rules or not.  But we try not to over-moderate the forum, and usually let members settle minor spats between themselves.

That's how it works.  Many of the posts we moderate involve anti doctor and anti medication posts, so we definitely do not ignore the issue.

Megan

Megan, since we already know the “evils” of benzos or we wouldn’t even be here, do we need constant reminding by articles over and over again about this?

I don’t, so I take a quick peek at a few of those articles and then disengage because I’m afraid to even comment anymore. I’ve been literally “jumped on” by enough people who comment there and then chastised by admin for my comments.

And right now, I feel almost a bit wary for even saying this. I will never, ever post on Benzo in the News again because the articles give me no hope whatsoever. And I’m actually rather functional in spite of being switched around on numerous variations of generic clonazepam.

Forgot to add that I’ve been switched 6 times to different generic Clonazapam. Yep, SIX. And the

FDA is wrong. They are not all the same as each other. They are different, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on Benzos in the News, but I could be wrong.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [KR...]

• [ja...]

• [In...]

• [Co...]

That's another aspect of this sites pervasive negative focus.  Instead of concentrating on tools to recover, it focuses on the "evils" of the drug.

The site has a stated policy of not being anti-med or anti-doctor, but those posts appear every day, and that policy is clealy ignored by moderators.

Builder,

We are volunteers who work part time and none of us can read every post on the forum.  I certainly can't.  So we depend on members to report offending posts to us.  When they do, we decide if the reported post breaks the rules or not.  But we try not to over-moderate the forum, and usually let members settle minor spats between themselves.

That's how it works.  Many of the posts we moderate involve anti doctor and anti medication posts, so we definitely do not ignore the issue.

Megan

Yes, Megan, I understand your role, and its challenges. 

But I'll bet in about 5 minutes I could round up and share  at least 20 obviously anti-med/anti-doc posts currently being discussed.

(and as an aside, some mods seem to be very observant of the content of MY posts!) ::)

I don’t, so I take a quick peek at a few of those articles and then disengage because I’m afraid to even comment anymore. I’ve been literally “jumped on” by enough people who comment there and then chastised by admin for my comments.

You too?? ;)

BTW, I only put a reply on this thread because Colin specifically solicited comments on this issue, and I do believe Colin does care about the contribution the role plays.

Yes, builder; me too.

Humiliated to the max would be the best way to put it. I could barely pull myself together because it was so humiliating.

I posted here for the very same reason you did-Colin wanted to know and wanted honesty.

I also think that Colin cares about BB and the members here.

[f5...]

Builder and Intend, the mods and admins are not your enemy. We are simply trying to keep a rather useful forum running smoothly, even as thousands of diverse opinions pour in from across every continent.

It’s probably remarkable that there are not even more scuffles than there are.

[*]I would advise you to do what Megan already suggested, and report posts when you see them, since we certainly cannot read every post the moment it lands.

[*]If you do not wish to see a specific board, such as Benzos in the News, simply go into your personal options to Ignore Boards and tick the boxes of the ones that you don’t want to see.

[*]Very often the team asks that members not continue to dispute moderation issues on the open forum, and yet they continue to do so past several warnings – and then feel humiliated. To avoid this, please follow requests to address further complaints by opening tickets at the Helpdesk.

That is what I’m going to ask you both to do now:

Please don’t litigate this further, and open a ticket at the Helpdesk if you want to pursue these issues. This bickering is already getting a pile of complaints, just so you know.

I assure you, Colin sees all of it, so there is no need to launch laundry lists right here. All of the BB team have busy lives, including Colin, and Helpdesk issues will be addressed as quickly as possible.

Builder,

Megan

Megan, since we already know the “evils” of benzos or we wouldn’t even be here, do we need constant reminding by articles over and over again about this?

And right now, I feel almost a bit wary for even saying this. I will never, ever post on Benzo in the News again because the articles give me no hope whatsoever. And I’m actually rather functional in spite of being switched around on numerous variations of generic clonazepam.

Forgot to add that I’ve been switched 6 times to different generic Clonazapam. Yep, SIX. And the

FDA is wrong. They are not all the same as each other. They are different, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen that on Benzos in the News, but I could be wrong.

Yes, Megan, I understand your role, and its challenges. 

But I'll bet in about 5 minutes I could round up and share  at least 20 obviously anti-med/anti-doc posts currently being discussed.

(and as an aside, some mods seem to be very observant of the content of MY posts!) ::)

You too?? ;)

BTW, I only put a reply on this thread because Colin specifically solicited comments on this issue, and I do believe Colin does care about the contribution the role plays.

Yes, builder; me too.

Humiliated to the max would be the best way to put it. I could barely pull myself together because it was so humiliating.

I posted here for the very same reason you did-Colin wanted to know and wanted honesty.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

I had my share of issues being overly vocal during my withdrawl on this site. Trust me...I was warned.

With that...I think everyone is entitled to their opinions. But forums have rules...and i either had to pump my brakes on what i was saying or be banned.  The choice was mine.

At the end of the day I needed this site to make it through my withdrawl. It was a HUGE support system for me. As I'm sure it is for others. Without it...I might not be here today. I can honestly say that.

I cant thank Colin and the Admins enough for providing a safe haven for me while i was healing. This site has saved MANY lives!!

I cant thank Colin and the Admins enough for providing a safe haven for me while i was healing. This site has saved MANY lives!!

YES, ABSOLUTELY!!!

And I think everyone does pretty well with their posts. It's realized that people are angry. Anger is a part of the benzo experience. They have to get through the anger somehow. The energy has to go someplace. But gradually it settles down as the person heals.

BB has been positive in so many ways for people. Where would we be without it? I might certainly have died, not understanding much of anything at the outset. It has been a tremendous learning experience.

THANK YOU to Colin, the admins, and moderators!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

You were a mouthy boy that’s for sure!!!!

Thank me for keeping you quiet! 😁

❤️

I never knew KRock when I first joined. However, I get the idea that he did have a lot to say rules or no rules.

I had my share of issues being overly vocal during my withdrawl on this site. Trust me...I was warned.

With that...I think everyone is entitled to their opinions. But forums have rules...and i either had to pump my brakes on what i was saying or be banned.  The choice was mine.

At the end of the day I needed this site to make it through my withdrawl. It was a HUGE support system for me. As I'm sure it is for others. Without it...I might not be here today. I can honestly say that.

Sorry for the belated response, KRock.

Thank you for your kind remarks. It has been a pleasure (mostly ;D) to have you along for the journey. In fact, I remarked only recently in the team area that this thread is probably the most continually engaging thread we ever had on the forum. Thank you for starting it - I think many members found it a very useful discussion in all sorts of ways. I certainly enjoyed it!

Benzodiazepine use and/or withdrawal does a number on very many of us. I know that I was far from my usual self during my use, withdrawal and recovery. I would not like to be judged by how I was during that time. I am glad that you seem to be doing so well.

Thank you for all your support over the years, and good luck to you.

YES, ABSOLUTELY!!!

And I think everyone does pretty well with their posts. It's realized that people are angry. Anger is a part of the benzo experience. They have to get through the anger somehow. The energy has to go someplace. But gradually it settles down as the person heals.

BB has been positive in so many ways for people. Where would we be without it? I might certainly have died, not understanding much of anything at the outset. It has been a tremendous learning experience.

THANK YOU to Colin, the admins, and moderators!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And, a thank you to you too, Terry38.

And, we should not forget to include the support provided all the members. For the most part, the team are about keeping this space organised and running smoothly. Whilst not minimising the hard work and dedication of the team, the vast majority of actual support is provided by individual members to other members. It is a group effort. Thank you all for your help and support.

Absolutely agree!!!  I definitely psyched myself out at first because of all of the gloom and doom I read.  in fact, I got kicked out of a benzo group on Facebook because I did not agree with all of the horror stories

• 1 year later...

Well.. its been 9 years since I started this thread. 64k views later...here we are. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that healing is real and it does happen. Im good and you will be to. Dig deep and push yourself. You have the inner strength to get through it!! Be easy on yourself. Everyone heals at their own pace. Theres NO set timeline to any of this. Remember that. It waxes and wanes. But eventually it all evens out and normality shines through. Life is good...your time is coming!!

• 3 months later...
Dig deep everyone and impower yourself! Your a lot stronger than you think! You have what it takes to beat your taper or withdrawl! Dont look back...straight ahead is the only way through!! You got this!!

Hell, I was just thinking of this thread a day or two ago..!!

Good news KRock, and thanks.. Grab life and run with it to the ends of the earth..!!

Fwiw, I was starting to spiral over the last couple of years, then about a month ago, I woke and the “life switch” was turned on...!! -A huge change for the better indeed..!!

:)

Good news KRock, and thanks.. Grab life and run with it to the ends of the earth..!!

Fwiw, I was starting to spiral over the last couple of years, then about a month ago, I woke and the “life switch” was turned on...!! -A huge change for the better indeed..!!

This is great news!  :thumbsup:

This is great news!  :thumbsup:

Thanks PG.. :)

Its a big crack in one of my deepest symptoms.. Quite interesting as everything shuffles around to accomodate.. Ofcourse im asking “why”..?? -Only 3 dozen options to choose from.. :)

Trust this finds you well..

• 3 months later...

This just made my day reading this! Im so happy for you! Keep pushing forward my man!! You got this! Healing is real! Stay STRONG!!