25mg Levomeprazine or 10mg stillnox due to insomnia? which 1 can I taper first?

[Na...]

which one can I start weaning off, being taking them a yr now... and just successfully got off klonopin 2mg a wk ago as well... had severe insomnia last year and also was clinically depressed.  Any info. would be of much help? thank-you

Hi,

I had never heard of Levomeprazine so I googled it - only to find it is a psychotic drug - very similar to Leponex which my also psychiatrist prescribed me also for sleep.  When I googled it I was shocked as it is a very dangerous drug with life threatening side effects - it is prescribed for Schitzophenia.  I stopped taking it after two weeks - however you must first consult your Doctor but I do suggest you try googling it first just so you know what the s/e are. For what it is worth Wikipedia describes Levomeprazine as a "dirty drug"  :tickedoff:

I am also buzy tapering Zolpidem which is retailed as Ambien or Stilnox depending on which country you are from.  The recommended taper for Stillnox - if you are attempting to directly taper it is 5% every 2 -3weeks or 10% every 3 -4 weeks.

I agree with Meeee about tapering off Levomeprazine.  Since it is not a benzo or benzo-like drug, it's unlikely that many members have any direct knowledge of it or can be helpful.

As for Stillnox. since it is the same as Ambien whcih is benzo-like - andwhich I tapered off of - I can add that I was on 10mg Ambien for a couple of years and tapered off by 1/4 of a pill over a period of 2-3 months.  That's faster than what Meeee recommended but it worked for me.  You may also be able to find forums for tapering Ambien/Stillnox that would be helpful. 

Good luck.  :)