clonidine

[pa...]

Has anyone used clonidine for temperature regulation during w/d?  My doctor has recommended it for my heat problems, but I have low blood pressure and hesitate to use it.  Paresthesia

My husband was given clonidine and klonopin to come off hydrocodone.  Seems to be a common treatment for withdrawal...hopefully someone else will chime in.

Hi,

I used it for hyperhydrosis and it crashed my BP and made me feel rough and drowsy and that was before withdrawal problems .. take it with caution ands start really low dose ... hope this helps

Mike

Timely subject! I've been on .3 mg clonidine for a year. A new endocrinologist thinks it may be the reason I'm having some blood volume and adrenal issues. I'm having a very hard time tapering it down in order to switch to another BP med.

I suspect it may have helped me in my taper as I've not had the worst of the worst symptoms, BUT it seems to be less than a picnic to get off of.  When I lower it even a little, my BP spikes and I feel anxious, have a pressure headache and the tinnitus goes up in volume.  I read last night it can even cause tinnitus.

If I had had a say or had been warned about side effects, I never would have taken the first one.

Thanks Fliprain - I hate feeling hot all the time and this symptoms started after I withdrew (slowly) from gabapentin which was prescribed by my neurologist for nerve pain caused by benzo withdrawal.  I'm very cautious about taking anything else that causes withdrawal problems.  I think I'll just bear with the heat and hope it goes away some day.  I guess our CNS is just too fragile to handle much.

Paresthesia