Stomach Problems

[Bi...]

I will make this kind of complex, but here goes in March of 2005.. actually February to be direct... I up dosed the Klonopin from 2mg to 2.5mg while at a friend's house and of course I just thought it was my stomach, thinking maybe it was an ulcer or something... I will get to that. When I laid down on the bed there after up dosing... now this was about 6:30 PM that evening I up dosed .5mg of kpin  :( Around 9:00 PM that night is when the stomach pain started. I think the klonopin contributed to my stomach problems. I wrote this all out to Bevoir once back in September of 2010. After posting the chipmunks on her blog  :laugh: Anyway............ I noticed she was on klonopin for stomach problems. Back to my story.......... Okay, so that night after I up dosed the klonopin, we went riding around and stopped to get something to eat at this store... Subway Restaurant, too. I felt so sour at my stomach and thought, "What in the world".... I had never had stomach issues like this after until the klonopin up dose that evening........... I got a kit-kat and a bag of potato chips and ate that. Now, that just made it worse... by midnight I was throwing up and everything else!!!! When I got back to my mother's house then from my friend's house... I told her about it... she offered a Tagament and I cannot take that! I threw it up. I went in the bathroom and threw up I don't know how many times... I would say 4 or 5 times. Finally, she took me to the doctor and he said it wasn't the klonopin. I bet it was that started the stomach issues. I looked at him like are you sure. He just stood there, while looking at his pad. I just looked to the floor because my stomach was in knots. I finally started crying with it. It was March 15, 2005.. I finally had a scope done. It took them forever to calm me down and knock me out. That morning before the scope I called my grandmother, trying to connect the dots if it could be Diabetes.. because I ate that Kit Kat that night... Nope wasn't Diabetes.. my grandmother has it.. why I called her and also talked to her about the scope because she had one done in 1994. Now, before the scope I took 2mg Klonopin like I always did at that time  ::) I took them around 6:30 every morning..... I got to the hospital at 9:00 AM that morning.. I noticed after I took the klonopin.. my stomach would get knotty feeling, a stinging down inside it. After they finally sedated me and calmed me down.. I had the scope.. I remember waking up once during the procedure.. they used Propofol and a small dose of Ketamine............

A Pepcid Ulcer was found and H-Plory (sp?) I took a GI cocktail after the sedation wore off.. which was around 10:00 that morning. Of course the ketamine made me loopy. My mother tried to get me to eat a meal and I could not tolerate it after the scope.... Not no fish dinner  :o I went on home and slept the effects from the ketamine and propofol off.. woke up and looked at the floor and I was sick again!!!! I got sicker after taking the Klonopin that night.. the .5mg I had taken 2mg that day already... I also took an Excedrin, called a friend and walked out on the porch complaining about the stomach pains... I was prescribed Biaxin, Pepcid, Amoxicillin, (sp???) and I took it all everyday for the length of time the doc told me too, the pains went....

Now I am experiencing some of those same pains with my stomach at times.... I am wondering if the Klonopin could have messed my stomach up for good or is that just the receptors?

It's really hard to say..................

Anyone else with the stomach issues like this?

Billy.

hi Billy,

I have someone in my family who had throwing up blood and diagnosed as ulcer, they never used a benzo though.

I had inner vibrating in my stomach yesterday ???, was horrible. I dont remember any stomach probs while on K

not that I remember but had some on x, I didnt connect the dotsat the time.

billy

You help me connect some health dots for myself.

The past few years, every night after I took my little green pill, I had horrible burning in my esophagus. Without fail. I asked the doc if klon could do that, of course they said no. But it never burned at night before I took the pill, no matter what I ate.

In 2005 I had to have my stomach scoped as I was having horrible pains. Horrible. The doc said he saw hundreds of pin prick size bleeds. He said stress but didnt know really.  My bladder was also inflamed for over a year and the docs could not say why.

I go to sleep now without the burning. It is wonderful. My bladder has never had any more problems either.  Now if my wd sx will clear up! How wonderful life will truly be.

Hope you heal quickly.

If you had ulcers as a result of hpylori, is it possible it's a reoccurance?  That sounds a lot more plausible then K doing this to you.  That said, there are TONS of receptors in the gut, so anything is possible.

Clonaz gave me terrible gastritis for about 6 months (mostly during the taper).  I'm happy to say it is basically gone now and only fares up occasionally during a bad w/d cycle. 

hi Billy,

I have someone in my family who had throwing up blood and diagnosed as ulcer, they never used a benzo though.

I had inner vibrating in my stomach yesterday ???, was horrible. I dont remember any stomach probs while on K

not that I remember but had some on x, I didnt connect the dotsat the time.

I don't have inner vibrations in my stomach........ I hope I don't. I do in my legs sometimes.

Thanks Gard.

billy

You help me connect some health dots for myself.

The past few years, every night after I took my little green pill, I had horrible burning in my esophagus. Without fail. I asked the doc if klon could do that, of course they said no. But it never burned at night before I took the pill, no matter what I ate.

In 2005 I had to have my stomach scoped as I was having horrible pains. Horrible. The doc said he saw hundreds of pin prick size bleeds. He said stress but didnt know really.  My bladder was also inflamed for over a year and the docs could not say why.

I go to sleep now without the burning. It is wonderful. My bladder has never had any more problems either.  Now if my wd sx will clear up! How wonderful life will truly be.

Hope you heal quickly.

D'oh! I think the Klonopin got my stomach. You know I'm not sure though because I had stomach problems as a kid, then in my teens... then in my 20's (Result of Klonopin?) I think it could very well be. I was on everything for my stomach... I listed three of the meds above.. I was tried on prevacid and Nexium... all kinds... I hope the stomach pains go... I can eat pretty well, but sometimes I feel that feeling come back as I did then.. I don't know........

I hope the symptoms' clear up....... I'm having some, too........ I list them on my blog...

It is good to hear you now sleep without any of the pains....

Billy.

If you had ulcers as a result of hpylori, is it possible it's a reoccurance?  That sounds a lot more plausible then K doing this to you.  That said, there are TONS of receptors in the gut, so anything is possible.

I think you're correct WWW...

Yes, the Benzos play around with the stomach.....

Billy.

Clonaz gave me terrible gastritis for about 6 months (mostly during the taper).  I'm happy to say it is basically gone now and only fares up occasionally during a bad w/d cycle.

Good to hear it's gone for ya....... I hope it doesn't flare for me anymore...

Thanks for the feedback.

Billy.

benzos can definitely increase acid reflux.. I know because I have it, dunno if this helps though.

Thanks.

I think it was a bit more than acid reflux 

I'm feeling stomach pains , and heartburn....Billy.  I also tested positive for h-pylori, some years ago.  They never treated it, though...and just told me that IBS was causing my symptoms.  I reacted strongly to cipro, so they seemed to think the treatment would be to harsh for me. I wonder ?  I've read that h-pylori should be treated...but it can return.  I have 2 neighbors who had to be treated 2 times. It always showed up as gastritis symptoms , for them. 

Ashton mentions digestive problems being a problem for some during W/D.  Boy this gets old, when you feel like you can't even eat.  :-\

Sunny Girl....H-plori must be treated.They dont use cipro drugs.Its a 3pk you take for 30days.I didnt want to treat it,but after being told the facts I understood it had to be treated.I wont go into it because you are still sick from benzos.Please get that taken care of when you feel better..

Elsie.......I know !  :)  I took cipro for a uti...and it caused IBS and stomach to act up.  They didn't want to treat me for the h-pylori, because my stomach was so messed up....or that's what they said.  I keep having these digestive issues, and it scares me...because I have read that h-pylori can cause ulcers and even stomach cancer.

Was h-pylori causing you digestive symptoms ?

Thanks !!!! :)