Hello again

[sa...]

I was here alot about 3 years ago after I CT'd off of alprazalam.  I haven't taken any more benzos, and I seemed to have recovered mostly after about a year.  There were symptoms that never did go away, though.  The breathing problems are still with me, and the tendency to have insomnia crops up. 

The reason I'm back is because I'm now going through something very similar to my withdrawals of three years ago.  I recently went through a very rapid and harmful detoxification process in which large amounts of infection was killed.  I now have many of the exact same symptoms I had when I was in withdrawal.  I'm starting to wonder if I had maybe stored some of the drug in my fat cells, and when I lost them, some of the drug was released?  I don't know.  But whatever is causing this, it's very much like withdrawal and I need support.  I'm really scared.  I know I healed from these symptoms before, and I can probably do it again.  But when you're in the middle of it, it's really scary and feels so hopeless.

I hope that even though I haven't recently taken any benzos, I might still be able to find some support here.  This forum was a life saver when I was really sick before.  It helped so very much to have others to talk to who understand these crazy symptoms. 

Hi sagemom,

I'm not clear on what you're saying. Are you saying you had an infection and it was dealt with with antibiotics? If that's the case, many people notice certain antibiotic can increase their symptoms. It could be that a delicate CNS, after a C/T could react, I suppose. I have to say, I'm not a doctor and I'm just throwing this out there with little knowledge. It's just a thought.

I've read this connection before regarding fat deposits and built up benzos. Again, I can't speak on this but it seems highly doubtful after three years that there would be any benzos in your system, in fat cells or otherwise.

Of course you'll get support here.

Hope

Hope

Is there any way you could have contracted Lyme? My son has it and his sx are very much like wd as the disease attacks the cns.

I hope you find relief soon. Not fun to have to feel like you are in wd twice.

Let us know how we can support you.

No, no tick bites since I was little kid. 

This came on after I used a very strong drawing salve to get rid of a cyst.  It was a painful and stressful treatment, and the salve components must have gotten into my circulation and started killing a lot of fungal overgrowth (I have Candida pretty severely).  I was fine before the salve treatment.  The rapid detox just set in motion a really bad cascade of symptoms.  I don't know if lingering cns damage from benzo w/d has had anything to do with the severity of the symptoms, but I suspect it did.  Most people simply don't react to that salve like I did.   

Sagemom,

I actually have heard of this happening - both from antibiotics AND from detoxing.  I've actually heard that since our cells fully regenerate every 7 years, that some of our benzos will be in our systems for 7 years after stopping them.  I know this is sad for us to hear and think about, but I have no plans on doing any type of detoxing for many years.  They do say that detoxing does release the medicine back into our systems and that we will get some of our initial sysmptoms that we had initially.

Now, this is what I've heard and I'm not a doc nor experieced this - but it makes sense to me as to why you are going through this.  Don't think that you're losing your mind.

Hope you feel better soon,

Lisa